• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Leon's scenarios or Claire's scenarios?

User Info: Sunburst

Sunburst
2 weeks ago#11
Claire A Leon B for me. I don't like Claire's .45 in the 2nd Run.
A True Friend leaves paw prints on your heart

User Info: Det_Beauregard

Det_Beauregard
2 weeks ago#12
Claire has the better and more relevant story, and it's not even close. However, Leon has...

• Glorious head-poppin' weapons
  • A more fun secondary character segment that isn't just hide-and-seek
  • The better final boss, plus better music for that boss (and the lab escape beforehand)
  • Chompa, which pays homage to the original
I preferred Claire's game in the original, but in the remake I find myself playing Leon's more often. I like Claire's early additional areas better (more main floor in-precinct as opposed to the jail and storage shed), but wasn't a fan of the sterile streets and orphanage. Making Raccoon into a Chicago-sized city lowered its charm; the streets should have been a bit more narrow. In the end, it comes down to weapons, and Leon's shotgun and magnum are difficult to top.

User Info: RedEyeSurprise

RedEyeSurprise
2 weeks ago#13
Claire. It’s always been about Claire.

I’ve never cared for Leon.... He was annoying and pretty useless in RE2, and corny as **** in RE4. In RE6 he was somehow even more bland and forgettable than usual.

I think the only time he’s been “alright” was in REmake2.

User Info: lilhurk1985187

lilhurk1985187
2 weeks ago#14
Both are 98% the f***ing same. Lazy crapcom being lazy really dropped the ball with this.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1507-aew

User Info: Moeman_

Moeman_
2 weeks ago#15
Claire by far. I've never liked Leon. He's less insufferable in RE2 Remake though.
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends."
Claire for Claire basically.

Claire unfortunately does have the Sherry segment but it only takes about 2 minutes which is about as long as the forced walking segment Leon has to endure with Ada anyway so they even out in a “bleh” spot for both campaigns.

Weapon wise I’m more accustomed to Claire. Leon makes me feel naked. I’ve got nothing against him though. Playing his campaign is just as fun and I love his redesign as well.

User Info: FNFred

FNFred
2 weeks ago#17
Det_Beauregard posted...
Claire has the better and more relevant story, and it's not even close. However, Leon has...

* Glorious head-poppin' weapons
* A more fun secondary character segment that isn't just hide-and-seek
* The better final boss, plus better music for that boss (and the lab escape beforehand)
* Chompa, which pays homage to the original
I preferred Claire's game in the original, but in the remake I find myself playing Leon's more often. I like Claire's early additional areas better (more main floor in-precinct as opposed to the jail and storage shed), but wasn't a fan of the sterile streets and orphanage. Making Raccoon into a Chicago-sized city lowered its charm; the streets should have been a bit more narrow. In the end, it comes down to weapons, and Leon's shotgun and magnum are difficult to top.
Sterile streets?
NOW PLAYING: Resident Evil 2
AWAITING: Resident Evil 3 and Final Fantasy VII
They're basically the same, the only real difference is weapon variety and whether or not you hate hacking things or playing hide and seek more.

For me I'll say Claire because Leon's weapons suck ass this time around. The Shotgun and Magnum even fully upgraded lack that iconic recoil animation and one hit kill power they had in the original.

Meanwhile Claire's Grenade Launcher wrecks basically everything. Also the Ada section is by far the worst part of the game. I'll play Hide and Seek over a SUPER dark room or hacking things in a furnace.
God's lonely man

User Info: Det_Beauregard

Det_Beauregard
2 weeks ago#19
FNFred posted...
Sterile streets?
They lack the charm and detail of the opening streets segment from the original. Some of the streets are as wide as the largest streets in major cities, which Raccoon is not. Outbreak made the city larger, but from the opening credits of the RE2 remake you can see how large the nu-Raccoon is.

From what we’ve seen of the RE3 remake, it looks better. I just hope we’re able to explore some of those buildings we’ve seen in the screenshots.
I like Leon’s story more.
doa-plus.com - We Press Forward. . . By Pressing Back.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Leon's scenarios or Claire's scenarios?
  • Post New Message