• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Should they remake CV or RE4 next?

User Info: ToveriJuri

ToveriJuri
1 month ago#21
Vamp_Wraith posted...
How come?

Doesn't need it.
PSN: ToveriJuri

User Info: gergdangbabim

gergdangbabim
1 month ago#22
ToveriJuri posted...
Doesn't need it.

Well, looks like 80% of people disagree with you.

User Info: Mehran456

Mehran456
1 month ago#23
gergdangbabim posted...
Well, looks like 80% of people disagree with you.
They meant RE4
This is my signature
Do you like it?

User Info: Wealthyindiana

Wealthyindiana
1 month ago#24
The want for an RE4 remake honestly makes zero sense for me. Pretty much everything about the game holds up well today outside of slowly aging visuals and a couple small gameplay choices that were changed for later games.

What would they even do to really improve it outside of a fresh coat of paint? There weren't really technical limitations on the scale of what the classics had to deal with (even CV, which I replayed recently and it kind of shocked me how poorly it has aged compared to the original trilogy, likely because it was their first attempt at the 3D environments, new hardware etc.)

Because of the way the game is paced, it doesn't really need new areas added/expanded the way it's done in the RE1/2 remakes, where that is an actually meaningful change because you intimately explore the setting in those vs running through a very linear progression with little exploration broken down like levels/checkpoints rather than one coherent environment.

Changing the control scheme would likely break the gameplay unless they overhauled the AI dramatically (which can absolutely be done as seen in REmake 2 zombie behavior) but that honestly doesn't feel like much a of a justification to remake the game at such a scale.

It would definitely be nice to see it in the new RE engine. It would be visually stunning, but it's such a modern title (even 15 years later) that I just feel it's not really worth it yet unless they do something very different like retooling it to go straight horror, which honestly would detract from the awesomely hokey B-movie charm RE4 already has.
Oh hai there! @_@

User Info: Mehran456

Mehran456
1 month ago#25
Wealthyindiana posted...
The want for an RE4 remake honestly makes zero sense for me. Pretty much everything about the game holds up well today outside of slowly aging visuals and a couple small gameplay choices that were changed for later games.

What would they even do to really improve it outside of a fresh coat of paint? There weren't really technical limitations on the scale of what the classics had to deal with (even CV, which I replayed recently and it kind of shocked me how poorly it has aged compared to the original trilogy, likely because it was their first attempt at the 3D environments, new hardware etc.)

Because of the way the game is paced, it doesn't really need new areas added/expanded the way it's done in the RE1/2 remakes, where that is an actually meaningful change because you intimately explore the setting in those vs running through a very linear progression with little exploration broken down like levels/checkpoints rather than one coherent environment.

Changing the control scheme would likely break the gameplay unless they overhauled the AI dramatically (which can absolutely be done as seen in REmake 2 zombie behavior) but that honestly doesn't feel like much a of a justification to remake the game at such a scale.

It would definitely be nice to see it in the new RE engine. It would be visually stunning, but it's such a modern title (even 15 years later) that I just feel it's not really worth it yet unless they do something very different like retooling it to go straight horror, which honestly would detract from the awesomely hokey B-movie charm RE4 already has.
All of this
This is my signature
Do you like it?

User Info: gamestunner

gamestunner
1 month ago#26
Ffs

User Info: Raddest_Chad

Raddest_Chad
1 month ago#27
CV. RE4 is overrated. CV is the real RE4. I'd like them to remake CV then a sequel to it where we actually see Umbrella go down and play through that rather than some lame text during Leon's drive through the Spanish countryside.

User Info: Vamp_Wraith

Vamp_Wraith
1 month ago#28
TheOtherMike posted...
CV needs a full remake. 4 just needs some serious qol improvements.

This. Precisely why a remake would be great. Entering and exiting a loading screen to check your inventory and map is such an archaic design from the past. There’s so much Capcom could do to improve the overall design interfaces and fluidity of gameplay. RE4 is still a playable game, as any game in the series remains, but like the others a remake could serve to vastly improve and offer a new experience of a beloved game.

Im surprised so few seem to want this, but times change. I’m positive after R3make and RE8 people will be begging for REmake 4.
The one and only true Dante

User Info: inlineshadow

inlineshadow
1 month ago#29
Neither. I want them to focus on RE8 and another Revelations title.
"Let's rock, baby!"
- Dante

User Info: KaijunoKami

KaijunoKami
1 month ago#30
Malevolent_Moon posted...
Neither.

Once R3make is out we'll be at a point where there no longer needs to be any remakes. The only 3 games that needed them will have gotten them.

I'd still like to see RE1 remade like RE2 and RE3 though. I would love to see what they would change to fit with the new gameplay style, especially in regarding Crimsons Heads.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Should they remake CV or RE4 next?
  • Topic Archived