• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Resident Evil is for casuals?

User Info: sailormoonfetis

sailormoonfetis
1 month ago#1
Resident Evil is for casuals? - Results (132 votes)
original RE2 is for casuals, auto-aim + easier puzzles
8.33% (11 votes)
original RE3 is for casuals, auto-dodge + assault rifle from the start
4.55% (6 votes)
RE5 and RE6 is for casuals, linear hallways + melee attacks
48.48% (64 votes)
I came here to say this poll is lacking an option (I forgot which one sorry)
38.64% (51 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So... which of the following is true about RE?
The best things about Japan: anime, manga, ryona and sushi.
Sailor Moon, producing ryona since 1992.

User Info: Decapre

Decapre
1 month ago#2
RE games before RE4 did require a bit more than the average casual gamer.
DON'T INTERFERE!
https://i.imgur.com/0CWj5nT.jpg

User Info: edward18

edward18
1 month ago#3
I'd say 4 is when it becomes for casuals.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: Four_Archfiends

Four_Archfiends
1 month ago#4
Resident Evil before 4 were for casuals - all the auto aiming and stuff

Resident Evil with 4 and after were also for casuals - glowing ammo drops from enemies.

Resident Evil 2 Remake is not for casuals - no auto aim and no glowing ammo drops coming out of enemies.
Waiting for Senpai to blank me.

User Info: VegantoKeens

VegantoKeens
1 month ago#5
When is something for casuals? RE4 and 5 aren't exactly cakewalks. I could believe RE6 specifically was made for as wide a mainstream audience as possible, but even that has pretty deep mechanics (which are unfortunately misplaced in anything but Mercenaries).

The story isn't deep in any of the games, the puzzles were never rocket science either. Zombie fiction hasn't been a niche thing for decades. Horror is not aimed at a general audience, mostly because of the age restrictions and the fact not all people like being scared. Pretty much all of these games are playable for everyone on easy, but are challenging on hard. What makes any of these titles aimed at casuals?
I'd say RE has always been for a certain group. not casual but not niche either. The group has mostly only grown by the fact the total group of gamers has grown. That and you have the people who saw the movies and were then probably pleasantly surprised that the games were better entertainment.
Try not to cry in nostalgia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39pK2MV_sfs

User Info: Venage27

Venage27
1 month ago#6
All of them. REs are designed for numerous playthough, that's why they have a scoring system. They aren't really hard for any newcomers. The real challenge is doing no saves playthoughs, knife only etc etc. Playing the game normally is really a breeze, no matter if it's the original trilogy, the OTS trilogy, RE7 or the remakes. Admittedly there are a few difficult spikes here and there but for the most part, you don't really need to be an expert to compete the story. 100% on the other hand is a different story.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

User Info: Four_Archfiends

Four_Archfiends
1 month ago#7
Venage27 posted...
All of them. REs are designed for numerous playthough, that's why they have a scoring system. They aren't really hard for any newcomers. The real challenge is doing no saves playthoughs, knife only etc etc. Playing the game normally is really a breeze, no matter if it's the original trilogy, the OTS trilogy, RE7 or the remakes. Admittedly there are a few difficult spikes here and there but for the most part, you don't really need to be an expert to compete the story. 100% on the other hand is a different story.
Well said Venage 27, agreed with everything here.

None of the games are really that hard by default on any mode but the unlocks are really what makes it challenging. With that said, I think you're still a moron

Venage27 -> "mutation with the T-virus that only happens to someone infected with the T-virus."

A true real life Barry.
Waiting for Senpai to blank me.

User Info: edward18

edward18
1 month ago#8
Um...you guys okay?
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

Venage27
1 month ago#9
Four_Archfiends posted...
Well said Venage 27, agreed with everything here.

None of the games are really that hard by default on any mode but the unlocks are really what makes it challenging. With that said, I think you're still a moron

Venage27 -> "mutation with the T-virus that only happens to someone infected with the T-virus."

A true real life Barry.
I'm suprised a casual like you would agree since you only play on easy and cry because you couldn't get the first zombie in the first Remake. If I'm a real life Barry, then you are a real zombie since Capcom should throw you a toilet paper with Resident Evil's logo on it and you would still eat it.

Venage27
1 month ago#10
edward18 posted...
Um...you guys okay?
Don't worry about it, just a 3 year old being salty because he thinks that watching 2 trailers are enough reasons to call a game the best instead of playing it first.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Resident Evil is for casuals?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A