• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Resident Evil 0 Canon or not?
RE0 was just weird, man.
-Cartoons are people, too
-Not changing this signature until LeBron James treats me to a nice lobster dinner.

User Info: TheThirdDay

TheThirdDay
1 week ago#42
FNFred posted...
I pushed through but lost interest quickly. I wondered if I merely lost interest in the series but no. I could play REmake all day. To this day, I haven't finished RE0. I cannot find the strength to bother finishing it. It's the most boring s*** ever.

People hate Zero, and I get it. There are a lot of reasons to, most of which are being brought up here. But I just do not get it when people call it "boring." It's running on the same engine as REmake with near identical gameplay. Say whatever you want about the game's structure, story, etc, but I simply don't understand how one can be enthralled by REmake's gameplay and bored by Zero's.

I'm not implying that people are, in any way, wrong for feeling that way. I'm just saying that I honestly don't understand it.
Now Playing: Starcraft II, Temtem
~2019: RE2, BK in Smash, BL3. Life complete.~
(edited 1 week ago)
I think they mean the main story was boring. There were lulls in the action.
-Cartoons are people, too
-Not changing this signature until LeBron James treats me to a nice lobster dinner.

User Info: sevisan86

sevisan86
1 week ago#44
TheThirdDay posted...
People hate Zero, and I get it. There are a lot of reasons to, most of which are being brought up here. But I just do not get it when people call it "boring." It's running on the same engine as REmake with near identical gameplay. Say whatever you want about the game's structure, story, etc, but I simply don't understand how one can be enthralled by REmake's gameplay and bored by Zero's.

I'm not implying that people are, in any way, wrong for feeling that way. I'm just saying that I honestly don't understand it.
The backtracking for already owned items, that's what kills the game for me. If you were low on herbs or ammo you had to go all the back to the main hall or wherever you decided to place things. That's what made it boring.

User Info: Danstars1

Danstars1
1 week ago#45
I agree TC. I get some people are saying 'its canon, there's no changing that' which I also understand but for me, the resident evil story starts with the Spencer mansion.

I've actually decided to play through zero to get a few trophies I missed and what's been stated already in this thread plus more just really stands out to me

I've played this game a fair few times over the years but as times gone on alot more of these things just seem so lazy to me like Rebecca Wesker and Enrico all having different voice actors, the geography of almost everything in the game (even the training facility, it has second floor areas where theres litterlly nothing below it and it's not because it's on a hill because it backs onto a lake!)

Again it's been said but the whole leaving items on the floor is still tedious and feels to me they only did it to try and stand out as doing something different from the rest of the series and it just falls flat on its face imo

The Rebecca inconsistencies between the 2 games are just ridiculous and I don't get it they must have been made almost at the same time!!

Going from playing this straight to REmake really feels like a breath of fresh air. Think this will be my last play through as I don't feel like I really enjoy the game nearly as much as the rest of the series

When I first heard of zero I was really looking forward to seeing bravo teams version of events. REmake/RE1 centred on the alpha team so naturally I thought zero would be more bravo team focused as you had what 6/7 characters to use? Shame how it turned out. I'd be up for a remake if they almost go back to the drawing board with it. Keep the train and Rebecca and start again with the rest!
I maintain that RE0 leading into RE1make is a misconception and it actually leads into the original version of RE1.
0, like most of the games, is likely only partly canon, due to inconsistency otherwise. RE1, RE2, neither can have all scenarios happen concurrently. Canon has always been bits and pieces of each story to make them fit. Trying to take the whole of 0 as canon would be akin to trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole.

User Info: Rhyten

Rhyten
1 week ago#48
My take on Rebecca is this:
In RE0, she is with Billy, who supposedly takes part of more fights than her. Also, she actually finds weapons.
In RE1, she is only ever seen with a handgun. I'm sure most of us would feel helpless against a hunter with just a handgun. Maybe she also got attacked by surprise. Keep in mind that she is not following gameplay rules there, she can't just open the door and be safe, the hunter would follow her.
Corsair RM750i | Asrock Z270 Killer SLI | i7 7700k 4.2Ghz | Zotac GTX 1080ti Amp edition 11264MB | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 2x8 GB DDR4 3000 Mhz | Acer Predator XB241H

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
1 week ago#49
Of course this is canon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qZWUglee9A
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
Whenever I'm wrapping up the game, I always make sure Rebecca's at full health, with only her fully-loaded handgun in her inventory, because that's how Chris finds her.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Resident Evil 0 Canon or not?
  • Post New Message