• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Resident Evil 0 Canon or not?

User Info: ChiefStabaHoe

ChiefStabaHoe
2 weeks ago#21
edward18 posted...
Aren't Birkin and Wesker both down in that lab during the events of 0?
Yes but wesker left during the 2nd or 3rd act to get his team
Remember remember the 1st of September...2014
(edited 2 weeks ago)
(message deleted)

User Info: FNFred

FNFred
2 weeks ago#23
Venage27 posted...
Man, Marcus had such a great potential. We are talking about one of the 3 Founders of Umbrella and he was reduced to some cringey dude on a dress who controls leeches by singing opera. WTF?
Although I briefly mentioned it, I feel like this might be the biggest letdown of RE0.

James Marcus had stunning potential not only for this game, but for the rest of the expanded RE universe and they did very little with him. I remember back on Gamecube, after playing REmake, I was so hype when Zero came out. However, I remember how cringe it was when I saw that opera singing dude with the leeches on that cliff. I was so disappointed but back right at that moment, I couldn't realize or admit it. Like the Phantom Menace. It was supposed to be good and here it was, sucking.

I pushed through but lost interest quickly. I wondered if I merely lost interest in the series but no. I could play REmake all day. To this day, I haven't finished RE0. I cannot find the strength to bother finishing it. It's the most boring s*** ever.
NOW PLAYING: Resident Evil 2
AWAITING: Resident Evil 3 and Final Fantasy VII

User Info: Venage27

Venage27
2 weeks ago#24
FNFred posted...
Although I briefly mentioned it, I feel like this might be the biggest letdown of RE0.

James Marcus had stunning potential not only for this game, but for the rest of the expanded RE universe and they did very little with him. I remember back on Gamecube, after playing REmake, I was so hype when Zero came out. However, I remember how cringe it was when I saw that opera singing dude with the leeches on that cliff. I was so disappointed but back right at that moment, I couldn't realize or admit it. Like the Phantom Menace. It was supposed to be good and here it was, sucking.

I pushed through but lost interest quickly. I wondered if I merely lost interest in the series but no. I could play REmake all day. To this day, I haven't finished RE0. I cannot find the strength to bother finishing it. It's the most boring s*** ever.
To be fair, Marcus has one good scene just before the final boss fight where he explains what happened to him in a flashback but other than that he is wasted potential.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

FNFred
2 weeks ago#25
Tutankoopa posted...
The way the RE2 Lab is portrayed in RE0 was also pretty big oversight as well. When Billy and Rebecca arrive at the Underground Lab, it looks derelict and was already impacted by the virus outbreak despite the fact RE0's events take place 2 months before the Raccoon City outbreak. But according to RE2's intro, William Birkin can be seen working in the Lab up until he's attacked by Hunk's team. Which was 1 week before the Raccoon City outbreak.
Hm I never thought about that.

It doesn't make sense at all. I wonder if someone has an explanation for that. Weird stuff. F*** RE0.

FNFred
2 weeks ago#26
Venage27 posted...
To be fair, Marcus has one good scene just before the final boss fight where he explains what happened to him in a flashback but other than that he is wasted potential.
I wonder what happened with the story of RE0.

If Capcom were to made something that happened just before the events of their legendary first installment, you'd think they actually thought about the story and made it interesting.

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
2 weeks ago#27
yes. its canon.
VG collector, professional 3d erotica creator, phd in zombie folklore, a girl.
"gender dysphora is not a mental illness" - a gfaqs mod.

FNFred
2 weeks ago#28
dr_zomberg posted...
yes. its canon.
😪

User Info: shagohad3

shagohad3
2 weeks ago#29
The inconsistenties between 0 and 1 baffle me. It's even worse since 0 and remake were in development at the same time. Mikami's been on record stating he hated Rebecca's characterization in the original but choose to keep it in the remake despite working on the prequel starring the character at the same time.

PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!

FNFred
2 weeks ago#30
shagohad3 posted...
The inconsistenties between 0 and 1 baffle me. It's even worse since 0 and remake were in development at the same time. Mikami's been on record stating he hated Rebecca's characterization in the original but choose to keep it in the remake despite working on the prequel starring the character at the same time.
Exactly and the Rebecca from RE0 and REmake aren't the same.

I don't know how they made this so inconsistent. Maybe they thought a change to Rebecca in REmake could have angered the fans so it was made this way on purpose? That can't be.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Resident Evil 0 Canon or not?
  • Post New Message