• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Jesus H. Christ...RE8 will be first person again

User Info: valikkster

valikkster
3 weeks ago#41
frankspank posted...
Why are people still playing zombie games at all? Literally the most overused gimmick in video games at this point.

They're outrageously fun to shoot, as it were.

It might be why RE has lost its flair. They didn't run with the shmup genre, and instead gave more power to the zombies to create the fear aspect. But ppl are so incredibly desensitized to the zombie gimmick now that horror element is just gone.

Like zombie army 4 just came out and it's great. Why? Killing a f*** ton of nazi zombies.

User Info: Veemon_X

Veemon_X
3 weeks ago#42
I loved RE7, epsecially with the VR headset, but I wouldn't have minded if they kept the first person to a spin-off series instead.
Currently Playing: Fallout: New Vegas - PC

User Info: Venage27

Venage27
3 weeks ago#43
Four_Archfiends posted...
No you lie! I consider R2make, RE5, and Outbreak my top 3! And I also put RE4, RE3, RE2, and RE Remake HD above RE7. Tank controls are indeed garbage and even than I gave it a chance. Just this week I played the RE1 Barry Mod and I beat it...on hard! Then I replayed RE1 HD Remaster Remake on normal and in the past few days, beat Lisa Trevor again and at the lab section now but I admit I did stop and just started another R2make playthrough and left HD Remake on a cliffhanger. R3make looks very amazing and I can tell I'm gonna greatly enjoy it just from what I've seen. Sometimes you can just feel how good the game is going to be.

R2make being the best currently isn't wrong, lots of people were amazed by it. I won't just say a game is the best just because it's new, if the trailer looks very good than the game should too. If I do end up saying RE8 is the best, that won't be because it's the newest thing but because it' really is the best, we'll see!
If you put RE7 lower then why you automatically praise RE8 being FPS if not simply because it will be the newest thing, just like you do now with OTS. Tank Controls aren't garbage just because you don't like them. You beat a mod on hard and you think that's an accomplishment? Lmao What? Feelings have no place in a criticism, you can't say this is the good or bad because you "feel like it".
Your reasoning on REmake2 being the best is flawed, lots of people like it. Lots of people liked RE6 Too, in fact it is the second best selling RE game, does that make it the second best RE Too? Of course not. Your reasoning on trailers looking good and therefore the game is even more flawed. There are countless games, movies etc etc that the trailers looked good and the final product turned out to be a joke. As for RE8, again you are wrong because just like with REmake3 you are going to praise RE8 BEFORE the game is even released, before you even play it. How is that a fair criticism?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Venage27 posted...
If you put RE7 lower then why you automatically praise RE8 being FPS if not simply because it will be the newest thing, just like you do now with OTS. Tank Controls aren't garbage just because you don't like them. You beat a mod on hard and you think that's an accomplishment? Lmao What? Feelings have no place in a criticism, you can't say this is the good or bad because you "feel like it".
Your reasoning on REmake2 being the best is flawed, lots of people like it. Lots of people liked RE6 Too, in fact it is the second best selling RE game, does that make it the second best RE Too? Of course not. Your reasoning on trailers looking good and therefore the game is even more flawed. There are countless games, movies etc etc that the trailers looked good and the final product turned out to be a joke. As for RE8, again you are wrong because just like with REmake3 you are going to praise RE8 BEFORE the game is even released, before you even play it. How is that a fair criticism?
Things are way more dynamic than that. Just because RE7 isn't in my top 5 doesn't mean I shouldn't praise RE8 for being 1st person. RE7 has shown it had potential, the game was small because it was the first RE game made with the new RE engine. I also didn't like the setting and monster variety for RE7 that much but the combat was very fun especially the last part.

And R3make added a bit more action to it compared to R2make which is what I want without it being full blown going commando style so just the right balance. Combined that with the fact that I love the layout and setting more being in a hellish city, going from place to place, and trying to escape from a unstoppable walking god. The whole thing is just what I want more so than R2make so that would all contribute to the fact on why I consider R3make even better. The old school ones weren't able to bring out RE3's potential out due to many limitations.

Here's the thing, R2make is not only selling at a really high ratio, in just 1 year it managed to get 5million + but it also has high ratings, and the highest user review ratio, and high praises. Combined all that along with personal opinion and I easily say it's the best. You don't have to agree with it, I never attacked anyone for disagreeing with me!

And tank controls is garbage to most people, ask around, look around and you'll see plenty of folks would agree, even some of the older folks who started with the old stuff would agree. It's only a certain few that still wants it...like you!
Waiting for Senpai to blank me.

User Info: Alkamizt

Alkamizt
3 weeks ago#45
I wouldnt have a mental breakdown over a rumor from a fansite. Not exactly the best source.
"The camera is put into a place which I do not prefer, which means it is not a true Resident Evil game, and therefore is bad!"

-a lot of people on GameFaqs for some dumbass reason

User Info: 17chris

17chris
3 weeks ago#47
HaloOfTheSun442 posted...
"The camera is put into a place which I do not prefer, which means it is not a true Resident Evil game, and therefore is bad!"

The people who s*** on RE7 for camera perspective change yet had no problems with RE4's change years ago I find to be worse.

User Info: _Rin_

_Rin_
3 weeks ago#48
You_Need_A_Life posted...
I wonder how some people can even tolerate reality given that they see through their eyes in the 1st person.

This is like those morons who refuse to play Cyberpunk because it, a goddamned RPG, is 1st person.

Some peoples don't like to play as floating hands like Ethan in 7.

User Info: egpNoodlez

egpNoodlez
3 weeks ago#49

Agreed, adding to that so many people are "my opinion dictates what the series is because_ YEAH!", like they couldn't even finish their reasoning. Most likely because they didn't even think before going ahead with their opinion.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/egpNoodlez.png

User Info: Alkamizt

Alkamizt
3 weeks ago#50

So, if GTA6 decided to go back to a top-down camera, its all good in your neighborhood?
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Jesus H. Christ...RE8 will be first person again
  • Post New Message