• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Jesus H. Christ...RE8 will be first person again

User Info: Venage27

Venage27
3 weeks ago#31
riddlebox89 posted...
Why? Because it's the way Capcom wants to make it.

Don't like it? Don't buy it. Non-existent problem solved.
Because that hasn't backfired before for a franchise cough Battlefield V cough
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

User Info: valikkster

valikkster
3 weeks ago#32
Venage27 posted...
Because that hasn't backfired before for a franchise cough Battlefield V cough

LMAO.

On topic though, FP Resi isn't an awful idea in concept. I think a large issue with RE7 that ppl don't know how to parse properly is that the story is too far removed from RE proper. That, combined with the jump to FP, divorced players from the RE universe and made it feel like a standalone title with RE slapped onto it. It alienated the fan base, but the game wasn't actually bad.

User Info: momo92

momo92
3 weeks ago#33
Kaluroth posted...
Guess I'll pass on that one too.

"Music speaks when words fail!" Dokkan ID:748737433
XBL GT: Pathos Da Ghost

User Info: MauroMartel

MauroMartel
3 weeks ago#34
Nothing is official yet, but if it turns out to be true, then it will be a disappointment. Anyway, life goes on and RE isn't the only franchise available to play.
Honor above everything.

User Info: Venage27

Venage27
3 weeks ago#35
MauroMartel posted...
Nothing is official yet, but if it turns out to be true, then it will be a disappointment. Anyway, life goes on and RE isn't the only franchise available to play.
Not to mention that the old games aren't going anywhere so if Ethan returns to disappoint us with his non existent character, we will still have the ogs. You know that Capcom will port them for 5 bucks or something.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
3 weeks ago#36
People are getting angry over nothing tbh.

RE8 was leaked alongside RE3 not long after RE2 released and the details back then were very similar to the details revealed recently. Island facility, first person, continuation of RE8, some supernatural elements. We also know that Capcom, according to newer leaks, have basically restarted development on the game from scratch.

Who truly knows what RE8 will be until it's revealed? It's pointless getting angry over it at this point.
Venage27 posted...
Don't lie, you worship the newest entries. RE7 being the second latest entry automatically makes it your third favourite game since you have already declared Remake3 which isn't even out as the best and the garbage Remake2 with it's s***ty Claire that only you like as the second best game. You literally say this in all your post while whining about tank controls too. When RE8 first trailer drop, you will say the exact same thing but with RE8 being the best instead. You have become a living meme at this point.
No you lie! I consider R2make, RE5, and Outbreak my top 3! And I also put RE4, RE3, RE2, and RE Remake HD above RE7. Tank controls are indeed garbage and even than I gave it a chance. Just this week I played the RE1 Barry Mod and I beat it...on hard! Then I replayed RE1 HD Remaster Remake on normal and in the past few days, beat Lisa Trevor again and at the lab section now but I admit I did stop and just started another R2make playthrough and left HD Remake on a cliffhanger. R3make looks very amazing and I can tell I'm gonna greatly enjoy it just from what I've seen. Sometimes you can just feel how good the game is going to be.

R2make being the best currently isn't wrong, lots of people were amazed by it. I won't just say a game is the best just because it's new, if the trailer looks very good than the game should too. If I do end up saying RE8 is the best, that won't be because it's the newest thing but because it' really is the best, we'll see!
Waiting for Senpai to blank me.
You_Need_A_Life posted...
I wonder how some people can even tolerate reality given that they see through their eyes in the 1st person.

This is like those morons who refuse to play Cyberpunk because it, a goddamned RPG, is 1st person.
This.

Not playing because of first person is just weird. I can understand if it's fixed camera since that really is outdated. But both first person and OTS allow full actual movements in any direction in any way.

KarasuShiro posted...
Lol...a main entry being vr only? Yeah not gonna happen. Too risky because theres not enough people liking or wanting or even ohysically able to play in vr (and thank god for that, vr is fine but irs still a gimmick and not the future of gaming lol)

As for re 8 in 1st person meh i dont care im able to enjoy both 3rd person and 1st person without problems so not gonna whine for that.

However i hope that the mc is not ethan this time. He was bland but that was the point in 7. Making him come back in 8 would remove his only trait

It's going to happen, behold the future! By that time VR will be massively improved and made more accessible for more people. Just look at the new Half Life Alyx game which is basically Half Life 3. That game is VR only, there are some improved movements in a VR only game that games allowing both 1st person/VR just can't do.

I said starting from RE10,.it'll be VR only but you shouldn't worry because that's a long long way from now. Even RE9 is a long way from now.
Waiting for Senpai to blank me.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Bunlert

Bunlert
3 weeks ago#39
I've never seen a fanbase so butthurt about camera angles before :D

User Info: frankspank

frankspank
3 weeks ago#40
Why are people still playing zombie games at all? Literally the most overused gimmick in video games at this point.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Jesus H. Christ...RE8 will be first person again
  • Post New Message