• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Jesus H. Christ...RE8 will be first person again
riddlebox89 posted...
Agreeing with a troll isn't good for your health.

Also, you do know that RE1 was originally supposed to be a first person game, right?

Also also, Capcom are the ones that decide what is and what is not RE, not the fanbase.
funny you say that my pants are colored weird and i feel like i ate 19 hot dogs.
"It's pretty. Who cares if it's real." - Ressonance of Fate.
also i have a warning. thx gamefaqs for being who i am.

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
6 days ago#163
superyoodle posted...
I want my resident evil the way resident evil should be.

And "The way it should be" is a decision for Capcom to make, not you.

superyoodle posted...
but they don't always have the core, or fanbase in their mind. Which is obvious.

Yeah that's bulls***.

The fanbase wanted to go back to survival horror, they did that with RE7.

The fanbase wanted an RE2 remake, they got an RE2 remake. They originally had no intention of doing second scenarios, the fanbase wanted them, so Capcom did them despite having less than half a year to work on them.

The fanbase wanted an RE3 remake, they're getting an RE3 remake.

Now if by "Core fanbase" you mean the people that have been around since RE1, yeah they've got very little reason now to listen to them or keep them in mind on anything.

In Capcom's eyes, the classic Resident Evil fanbase are just a bunch of children that are either complete asses, or too stubborn for their own good. All they've seen from them is b****ing and moaning about everything they've done since RE4 launched. As if they wanted the series to become like Call of Duty where every game is the same s*** with little to nothing done to keep things interesting, or that the series should've died rather than RE4 get made.

Yeah not every classic fan is like that, but enough of them are and they've been loud enough over the last sixteen years that the hypothetical waters are pretty much poisoned. They've got no reason to try and please the classic RE fanbase when the loudest of them and the ones they're most likely to see have shown them nothing but constant b****ing for almost twenty years.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
6 days ago#164
Being in first person isnt a problem. Re7 wasnt the first time an re game was in first person.

Just give us actual enemies and characters. And actually show the PC during cutscenes then transition back to FPV for gameplay so we can actually have some kind of connection to the protagonist.

First person, third person, fixed camera, that's whatever well play it either way.

And give us actual enemies with designs and stuff. Anubis, hunter gamma, cerberus, chimera, etc etc.

Not just one lazy copy pasted blog monster ad nauseam to justify some token combat.

GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards

User Info: xandedxdurex

xandedxdurex
5 days ago#165
First person or third person, i really don't care, as long as the game is decent. I prefer third person for more replayability, though, but I'm fine with both. As long as they keep balancing survival horror and action, I'll keep enjoying their games.

User Info: 17chris

17chris
5 days ago#166
xandedxdurex posted...
First person or third person, i really don't care, as long as the game is decent. I prefer third person for more replayability, though, but I'm fine with both. As long as they keep balancing survival horror and action, I'll keep enjoying their games.
Agreed, I don't understand how camera perspective can ruin the game completely for people.
too me they want a slow reboot. not a boom, new characters and gamestyle. a slow pain inducing probe, like Maddona said, like a virgin.

User Info: youngskillz

youngskillz
4 days ago#168
they really should have optional third person view, if they're so dead set on first person.

problem solved.
Metal Bands -- Dawn of Ashes, Disarmonia Mundi, Words Of Farewell, I Spit Ashes, Urilia, Dark Portrait, Temple of Demigod, Sidious, Septic Flesh.
youngskillz posted...
they really should have optional third person view, if they're so dead set on first person.

problem solved.
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/2/7/8/AAXNCSAAALyW.jpg

User Info: Dirtyplatinum

Dirtyplatinum
4 days ago#170
Alkamizt posted...
So, if GTA6 decided to go back to a top-down camera, its all good in your neighborhood?
According to the logic displayed in your post, the only difference between RE:6 and RE:7, is a change from third person camera to first.

See how easy it is to be a douchebag who takes things super literally? Doesnt make you look smart.

Also, boo hoo TC. A game you might have been looking forward to isnt going to be made exactly to spec how you want it. Its almost like you arent in charge of Capcom or something...
Monika Szalamacha / I am a very, very broken individual.
07/02/1990-10/01/2017 / Please remember that when conversing with me.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Jesus H. Christ...RE8 will be first person again
  • Post New Message