• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Resident evil has always been feminist.

User Info: soulofninjasoul

soulofninjasoul
2 months ago#1
From Mikami himself

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/10/resident_evil_creator_shinji_mikami_is_a_fan_of_strong_female_characters

Mikami:

I don’t know if I’ve put more emphasis on women characters, but when I do introduce them, it is never as objects. In some games, they will be peripheral characters with ridiculous breast physics. I avoid that sort of obvious eroticism. I also don’t like female characters who are submissive to male characters, or to the situation they’re in. I won’t portray women in that way. I write women characters who discover their interdependence as the game progresses, or who already know they are independent but have that tested against a series of challenges.

Mikami:
If I had to name the woman character I most disliked in my games it would be Rebecca Chambers. She’s submissive, she’s not independent. I didn’t want to include her but the staff wanted that kind of character in the game, for whatever reason. I’m sure it made sense to them. And in Japan, that character is pretty popular.

Its settled now. Please play your RE and stop being a wuss.
Life is an S.T.D with a 100% Mortality rate. Guns and Coffee!
(message deleted)

soulofninjasoul
2 months ago#3
GRankbowhunter posted...
So long story short he likes itty bitties and being pegged by women.... I guess cuckolds can be in any postion in life but they just prefer the bottom

Nope. It means he likes a real woman as a challenge. As you do.

User Info: Alexandros_IXth

Alexandros_IXth
2 months ago#4
It’s an interesting statement from him considering he directed RE4. The game with one of the most submissively useless female characters in gaming.

soulofninjasoul
2 months ago#5
Alexandros_IXth posted...
It’s an interesting statement from him considering he directed RE4. The game with one of the most submissively useless female characters in gaming.

I hated Ashley so much.
Maybe it wasn't in his power?
I would like to hear his thoughts on it.
I hate rebecca as well, so I agree with mikami. I'm more of a jill fan, and especially a sheva fan.

User Info: AyumiSqueezetoy

AyumiSqueezetoy
2 months ago#6
Alexandros_IXth posted...

An interesting observation.
I wonder if it's different to him because Ashley is indeed useless (but not trained), but isn't really submissive. She's just a victim. It is a different role than Rebecca, who is a member of STARS...

Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

soulofninjasoul
2 months ago#7
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
An interesting observation.
I wonder if it's different to him because Ashley is indeed useless (but not trained), but isn't really submissive. She's just a victim. It is a different role than Rebecca, who is a member of STARS...

Rebecca literally is on full stupid tbqh.

User Info: FNFred

FNFred
2 months ago#8
From day one, Resident Evil always had strong female characters overall. Doesn't mean some of them couldn't use some help sometimes, but they got s*** done!

My 3rd favorite female character ever in video games is Jill Valentine and RE3 was special to me growing up! Cheers for Jill! :)

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/1/4/7/AAZQu7AAAIVj.jpg

User Info: ZoaMang

ZoaMang
2 months ago#9
How is this even remotely feminist? Nowhere does Mikami even use that term. Please stop with the clickbait. Thanks.
RIP

User Info: AyumiSqueezetoy

AyumiSqueezetoy
2 months ago#10
ZoaMang posted...
How is this even remotely feminist?

How is it not? Are you one of those people who think feminism is about chopping balls off or something?
Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Resident evil has always been feminist.
  • Topic Archived