• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Resident Evil Chronology

User Info: SiLVeR_420

SiLVeR_420
2 months ago#31
Outbreak jumped in and out of canon depending on who you asked. 7 made it 100% canon though.

It was the was the Circle of the Moon of Resident Evil. Iga couldnt decide if that game was canon or not. Depended on how he felt when he woke up in the morning.
Mio Akiyama's official husbando.

User Info: altblahblahblah

altblahblahblah
1 month ago#32
SSJ_Jin posted...
Actually don't skip the Chronicles games because there are original, canon story elements besides the retellings.

true, umbrella chronicles has a chunk of the original re4 story that involved attacking the european umbrella hq, as well as what happened to wesker after the tyrant fight in re1. and darkside chronicles shows krauser's past, when he and leon worked together before re4.

User Info: altblahblahblah

altblahblahblah
1 month ago#33
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Outbreak jumped in and out of canon depending on who you asked. 7 made it 100% canon though.

It was the was the Circle of the Moon of Resident Evil. Iga couldnt decide if that game was canon or not. Depended on how he felt when he woke up in the morning.

i mean...it referenced one character from outbreak and mentioned them having been in racoon city...i'm not sure that really makes it canon. Not that anything in outbreak is really relevant enough to worry about whether or not it was canon

User Info: edward18

edward18
1 month ago#34
...they don't attack anything in Europe in Umbrella Chronicles...

And I'd like to think Outbreak is canon due to how much it adds to just what all went on within the city. It's easily my most preferred look into the actual scenario of the Raccoon City Incident with the point of view the civilians give you.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: TheVector

TheVector
1 month ago#35
altblahblahblah posted...
true, umbrella chronicles has a chunk of the original re4 story that involved attacking the european umbrella hq, as well as what happened to wesker after the tyrant fight in re1. and darkside chronicles shows krauser's past, when he and leon worked together before re4.

Do we even count the Special Mode from UC being canon since rumor is it hints at what happens with Jill bewteen Lost in Nightmares and RE5 and we’re playing as Jill

User Info: Det_Beauregard

Det_Beauregard
1 month ago#36
Outbreak is definitely canon. It contradicts nothing from 2 and 3, and adds a ton of lore and details to the Raccoon City incident. Some things are strange (e.g. there's no way the RPD, a former museum, has a nerve gas system installed), but the general scenario points are canon.

User Info: twinsblade

twinsblade
1 month ago#37
just IMO but I felt playing games this way is better you dun need to understand this or that but at least you appreciated what's the overall improvement overtime :)

Re1
Re2
Re3
Resident Evil Survivor & Dead aim (played or skip)
Resident Evil Outbreak
Umbrella Chronicles & raccoon city
Resident Evil Code Veronica
RE4
RE5
RE6
RE0
RE1 remake
Re2 remake
of cause in a couple of months Re3 remake

I actually never played Re7 & just a bit of revalations 1 & 2 so dun know which era to be played before or after ;p

User Info: ManuMIAS

ManuMIAS
1 month ago#38
just play:

RE Remake
RE3 Remake
RE5
RE6

and ignore the rest.
NOW PLAYING: Fortnite: Save the World, Remnant from the Ashes
AWAITING: RE3, Zombie Army 4, Alice in Resident Evil games.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Resident Evil Chronology
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A