• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Update: Resident Evil 8 is supposedly on hold

User Info: ToveriJuri

ToveriJuri
1 month ago#41
RiKuToTheMiGhtY posted...
Looks like CV/CVX is not in the cards for them.

I wonder why? According to some people here it was basically a sure thing due to how popular and revered CV supposedly was. Capcom was already preparing to make RE3 before RE2 was out in the case that RE2 was going to be successful, which it was. So why aren't they handling Code Veronica, a Resident Evil game that was a commercial mega hit and universally loved by absolutely everyone, with the same confidence they had for RE3?
PSN: ToveriJuri

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
1 month ago#42
I wonder if RE2's runaway success caused them to rethink things? Hopefully it did, RE2's gameplay engine should be the norm going forward. No more action heavy RE games, people are obviously bored of them given that RE2 and RE7 did extremely well.

User Info: ReceiverxWisdom

ReceiverxWisdom
1 month ago#43
ToveriJuri posted...
I wonder why? According to some people here it was basically a sure thing due to how popular and revered CV supposedly was. Capcom was already preparing to make RE3 before RE2 was out in the case that RE2 was going to be successful, which it was. So why aren't they handling Code Veronica, a Resident Evil game that was a commercial mega hit and universally loved by absolutely everyone, with the same confidence they had for RE3.

It's not in the cards probably due to the fact that they're waiting see if Resident Evil 3 winds up to be a hit in full. Folks have to remember two things.

A) Capcom often experiments with the Resident Evil series. Matt Walker himself says that Resident Evil needs experimentation to succeed. So it's really a no brainer to put those remakes on hold to try other things.

B) They made Resident Evil 2 and 3 at the same time. They probably want to see how both of them finalize themselves going forward. RE2 was a hit, but we don't know about RE3 just yet. If they both outsell the originals then it's no doubt it'll happen later.
The big, bad wolf of GFAQs | Toxic disgrace on YouTube: https://bit.ly/2NavIav
PSN: RenOperative_ | Steam: Ren Operative

User Info: windice93

windice93
1 month ago#44
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
It's not in the cards probably due to the fact that they're waiting see if Resident Evil 3 winds up to be a hit in full. Folks have to remember two things.

A) Capcom often experiments with the Resident Evil series. Matt Walker himself says that Resident Evil needs experimentation to succeed. So it's really a no brainer to put those remakes on hold to try other things.

B) They made Resident Evil 2 and 3 at the same time. They probably want to see how both of them finalize themselves going forward. RE2 was a hit, but we don't know about RE3 just yet. If they both outsell the originals then it's no doubt it'll happen later.
That person has a hard on for hating CV. They don’t care about actual reasoning

User Info: TrueGB

TrueGB
1 month ago#45
It's probably a FPS in the same vein as that RE7 DLC. We know Capcom has wanted a piece of that pie for years and that RE7 DLC proved they can do it. You fanboys may hate the idea, but having a separate FPS away from the core franchise allows them to keep the core "purer", so you should embrace the idea.

TWO reboots? I knew there was one, but two? Wonder what they are?

Deanyzy posted... Hopefully it did, RE2's gameplay engine should be the norm going forward. No more action heavy RE games, people are obviously bored of them given that RE2 and RE7 did extremely well.

Dude, they've already stated RE3make will be more action heavy. And I'd hardly call that a "runaway" success. What we've seen so far has actually been pretty average for an RE game, maybe above average.

StrangerDanger2 posted... Onimusha recently got a remaster which seems like an odd choice if they were planning on remaking it and they’re currently porting the DMC games over to the switch.

Actually, remastering an old game out of the blue is often a sign they're interested in rebooting a franchise. It's how they gauge the market for that game. If the remaster sells, it means there is still interest.
Future Billionaire

User Info: Cybersai

Cybersai
1 month ago#46
Code Veronica wouldn’t take much longer than the current games. It’s not a long game and they have the assets and Claire’s new actress

ToveriJuri
1 month ago#47
windice93 posted...
That person has a hard on for hating CV. They don’t care about actual reasoning

Shush. His reasoning was just fine. It's mostly your "reasoning" that I don't really care about. Other people I've argued with have been making points that are worth considering.

ToveriJuri
1 month ago#48
Cybersai posted...
Code Veronica wouldn’t take much longer than the current games. It’s not a long game and they have the assets and Claire’s new actress

That's depending on how far the reality of the claim that RE2 and RE3 were in development at the same time go. If it's true even to a degree then it would take CV longer to come out than it did for RE3 to come out after RE2. However so far it seems that CV Remake wasn't really on the agenda and mostly something they might consider doing later on.

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
1 month ago#49
TrueGB posted...
Actually, remastering an old game out of the blue is often a sign they're interested in rebooting a franchise. It's how they gauge the market for that game. If the remaster sells, it means there is still interest.

Like the Zone of the Enders HD collection, ZoE3 was canned before it even started because that didn't sell very well and it was taken as a sign that there isn't enough interest to justify making a third game.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
1 month ago#50
TrueGB posted...

Dude, they've already stated RE3make will be more action heavy. And I'd hardly call that a "runaway" success. What we've seen so far has actually been pretty average for an RE game, maybe above average.

RE3 was more action heavy but it was still a survival horror. The remake looks no different in that regard. I oppose the RE5 and RE6 style which was just straight up action with no survival horror elements.

You wouldn't call RE2, the GOTY competitor with millions of copies sold (on what was reportedly a modest budget) a runaway success? There's no reason to take you seriously if you can't see things without the lens of your own preferences.

1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Update: Resident Evil 8 is supposedly on hold
  • Topic Archived