• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Which type of RE3R would you prefer them to create

User Info: shinefist101

shinefist101
1 month ago#1
Which would you like best. - Results (25 votes)
Like RE2R. Linear where the devs funnel you down 98% of the areas with about 2% optional areas.
24% (6 votes)
Slightly more open, having interconnected areas, more side streets and more areas to explore. Lets say 65% main to 35% explore if you want.
76% (19 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I would prefer option 2 but I think Capcom will have the devs make option 1.
Its a perfect opportunity to expand more because of the streets & more.

User Info: ToveriJuri

ToveriJuri
1 month ago#2
The kind that follows the design philosophy of the original games like RE2 Remake did. So i guess that means devs funneling you down 98% of the areas.
PSN: ToveriJuri

User Info: VegantoKeens

VegantoKeens
1 month ago#3
The wording of the poll options kind of feel like they are funneling me down one path 100%.
Try not to cry in nostalgia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39pK2MV_sfs

shinefist101
1 month ago#4
I didn't think the wording was swaying you in a direction. Its just what RE2R is. If you do a run of the game you will go to almost all the areas in the game.

I'm just wondering if you'd like more areas to go to & that being a choice for us to make.

User Info: Jonor57

Jonor57
1 month ago#5
REmake2 wasn't that linear. It certainly gave you a lot of flexibility in your exploration, but you were expected to do certain things in a certain order, backtrack to certain locations when expected etc. The REmake wasn't too different from that format either as you ended up in most of the game's rooms in your playthrough. An RE-game that is far too linear and restricted would be RE7.

Typically classic RE follow a similar format to metroidvanias. You explore, you discover things you can't access, then you find something that you then realize will help you accessing it, whether it is a key to a door or an item to put somewhere.

But yes, optional areas to explore would definitely be a huge plus.
Yes, it just so happens that I do not share your opinion.

User Info: Four_Archfiends

Four_Archfiends
1 month ago#6
Think they're going with choice 2, it won't be a true open world game but it'll feel more open with more paths and exploration than RE2 Remake. Honestly feel like the game will be longer and bigger too.
Waiting for Senpai to blank me.

User Info: ManuMIAS

ManuMIAS
1 month ago#7
Jonor57 posted...
REmake2 wasn't that linear. It certainly gave you a lot of flexibility in your exploration, but you were expected to do certain things in a certain order, backtrack to certain locations when expected etc. The REmake wasn't too different from that format either as you ended up in most of the game's rooms in your playthrough. An RE-game that is far too linear and restricted would be RE7.

Typically classic RE follow a similar format to metroidvanias. You explore, you discover things you can't access, then you find something that you then realize will help you accessing it, whether it is a key to a door or an item to put somewhere.

if RE2 wasn't linear then freaking RE6 was a mmo.
Calling ppl toxic is just an ad hominem fallacy argument. They resort to a dismissive personal insult at detractors and critics about their personal character.

shinefist101
1 month ago#8
Four_Archfiends posted...
Think they're going with choice 2, it won't be a true open world game but it'll feel more open with more paths and exploration than RE2 Remake. Honestly feel like the game will be longer and bigger too.

They better do it like this or else lol.

Jonor57 posted...

Yeah resident evil has mostly been kinda straight forward. If you've been somewhere before or you know the game inside out then the game is repetitive in that sense. I'm more thinking more ways to get from point A to point B. Like multi routes. With nemesis on your backside you'll either need to fight through him alot or go around him via another route.

Jonor57
1 month ago#9
ManuMIAS posted...
if RE2 wasn't linear then freaking RE6 was a mmo.

Keyword: wasn't THAT linear. Also, certain order, flexibility in exploraiton.

Jonor57
1 month ago#10
shinefist101 posted...
Yeah resident evil has mostly been kinda straight forward. If you've been somewhere before or you know the game inside out then the game is repetitive in that sense. I'm more thinking more ways to get from point A to point B. Like multi routes. With nemesis on your backside you'll either need to fight through him alot or go around him via another route.

That I think would definitely be great.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Which type of RE3R would you prefer them to create
  • Topic Archived