• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Apocalypse is the most insulting RE movie

User Info: Antike

Antike
3 weeks ago#61
Afterlife was always my favorite.
e?

User Info: ManuMIAS

ManuMIAS
3 weeks ago#62
CarnageElite posted...
All the movies treat the Resident Evil characters rather poorly. But Apocalypse actually recreates RE3 and inserts Alice into Jill’s role. Alice is being hunted by Nemesis, Alice defeats Nemesis and Alice forms a bond with Carlos. All this happens while Jill stands there helpless whenever Alice is on screen. Then they take the most fearsome creature in the series and have Alice beat him with her fists. Wtf.

Apocalypse is the fan favorite only because its the movie that took more scenes and lore from games but they change it.

Capcom didn't wanted to have Jill mainly because they prefer people experience the game stories by themselves while playing the game, Screen Gems wanted to continue Alice's arc, but its confusing why they found common ground and have Jill there, maybe Jill wasn't explored much because we already play the game?

In the behind scenes they say they treat the movie as a game, so Alice got experience from her first "game/movie" and that's why she knows better how to fight them. The approach is interesting but even as a fan of the movies I don't understand why Alice had to outshine Jill in every scene.

Sienna was great and she took the gun training and combat training even weight lifting so idk why she didn't got more action scenes, I remember producers were in fear because the filming was a mess and they felt they wouldn't even finish the movie, they were filming for weeks in the city with all the explosions and gun fight they were annoying people.

Probably the ending was rush because of that and we didn't got to see Nemesis mutate.

I remember a friend saw a movie first in Canada and I was asking him if Jill gets action and he said yes, and ask him if Nemesis mutates but he didn't say much lol.

They gave Nemesis tentacles to a Tyrant in the later movie.

Extinction did it a better but it felt low budget. Despite the disrespect to the games, Apocalypse is very enjoyable because the side characters and its the only movie with many locations of the city, Retribution is the other one that I hate the story with passion because Claire, Chris and K-Mart disappear with no explanation but also its the movie that I enjoy the most because the visuals and action. Afterlife and Retribution got the best soundtrack that goes in tone with the action.
Calling ppl toxic is just an ad hominem fallacy argument. They resort to a dismissive personal insult at detractors and critics about their personal character.

User Info: MGO_FOXHOUNDED

MGO_FOXHOUNDED
3 weeks ago#63
Probably been said already, but people like it for the same reason they like Mortal Kombat Annihilation. It's just dumb fun that they grew up with. It's a guilty pleasure; nothing more nothing less.
https://i.imgtc.com/YIhO6Rh.jpg

ManuMIAS
3 weeks ago#64
Antike posted...
Afterlife was always my favorite.

its probably mine too, but Apocalypse its very fun, fast paced Afterlife should had more locations but once the prison everything felt slow, they needed more action or horror in the prison, there wasn't much dialogue it was slow paced compared to the rest of the previous scenes.

People hate the Wesker fight but it was my favorite, it was the first time a character that isn't Alice is fighting the boss, it was Chris and Claire moment. it sucks that they didn't let other characters besides her to fight the bad guy, Retribution did horrible to Leon and horrible to Claire in Final Chapter. They just get beaten.
Calling ppl toxic is just an ad hominem fallacy argument. They resort to a dismissive personal insult at detractors and critics about their personal character.

ManuMIAS
3 weeks ago#65
So_Hajile posted...
Don't forget the ending to Extinction in which there's a way to cure all the zombies using Alice's blood. It's because it was meant to be the last film in the series. Alice and her clones were set to stop Wesker and Umbrella with also having a way to return people to normal.

It made money so Anderson pushes for another film which completely ignores all of the "cure" business and pretends it didn't happen.

On the subject of the films, the first movie isn't that good either. It feels neutered because when most of the zombie bites are going to happen, it's off-screen. It's a weak zombie film.

I would be interested in a director's cut of Retribution. As is, it feels like an action game as characters go from one stage to the next. There's supposedly 45 minutes worth of character development (ha!), but the studio said the "talking scenes" brought the movie to a halt and had them removed. Considering the film brings back several dead characters in the form of clones, this is a huge misstep as otherwise they really don't matter. Oh look, it's that one guy from the first movie---oh he's dead. Hey, there's a nice version of Rain----eh, oh well, she's toast.

I hated that, there's a deleted scene of Ada explaining clones and also a scene of Jill giving order to the troopers, I don't understand why it was removed.

https://youtu.be/mc62s5r6o34

User Info: So_Hajile

So_Hajile
3 weeks ago#66
ManuMIAS posted...
I hated that, there's a deleted scene of Ada explaining clones and also a scene of Jill giving order to the troopers, I don't understand why it was removed.

https://youtu.be/mc62s5r6o34

Gotta keep that action moving. No time for talk, more guns being fired.
Reading up on the Bat-Family: https://bit.ly/2Us5RhG

User Info: evil_zombie11

evil_zombie11
3 weeks ago#67
Weren’t the movies just an excuse so the director could shove his wife into the main role??

its the only way mila found work smh lol
Yo wtf
Probably lifting or running...

ManuMIAS
3 weeks ago#68
evil_zombie11 posted...
Weren’t the movies just an excuse so the director could shove his wife into the main role??

its the only way mila found work smh lol

ill take any Milla Jovovich crappy indie movie over any of "Mary Sue-Johansson's Black Widow", Jennifer Lawrence, Kirsten Stewart, Brie Larson or the new Star Wars girl.

at least Alice's gets injure during the story not like perfect untouchable overrated heroines in AAA movies.

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
3 weeks ago#69
Yeah, I agree, whilst they got Jill's look spot on, they really did poorly with the writing of the character. I remember thinking at the time, Jill is being outdone by Alice in everything. I know Alice was meant to be the main character, but (as you said) they just wrote Jill out of her own story.
Boris is getting Brexit done! 31st Jan 2020
''[They are] great supine protoplasmic invertebrate jellies!'' - Boris Johnson

ManuMIAS
3 weeks ago#70
Jason_Hudson posted...
Yeah, I agree, whilst they got Jill's look spot on, they really did poorly with the writing of the character. I remember thinking at the time, Jill is being outdone by Alice in everything. I know Alice was meant to be the main character, but (as you said) they just wrote Jill out of her own story.

there was some rivalry between Screen Gems and Capcom, like Capcom didn't wanted Paul use their stories or characters even tho Screen Gems bought some of the rights for the adaptation. They worked together during the 6 movies and they had some Capcom people on set.

its been said Shinji Mikami didn't wanted to have Jill in the story but he meet Sienna and was happy with the casting, Capcom team was also happy with the casting of Bingbing Li, they change her in RE2 Remake to look more asian thanks to that.

I remember during Afterlife there was some tension between Paul, Milla and Capcom, Capcom was very secretive talking about their games and didn't wanted the movies to use much content, Milla even took twitter to say how Capcom take ideas from the movies but can't put Alice on Mercenaries, also she describe Capcom HQ as Umbrella, but I suppose they improve their relationship because they always get invited to events at Japan for the release of new games. RE movie cast was at RE7 premiere.

Capcom had Sienna Guillory to promote RE Retribution in 2012 instead of Milla.

1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Apocalypse is the most insulting RE movie
  • Topic Archived