• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Patricia Ja Lee voices Jill in Teppen.

User Info: Develon

Develon
2 months ago#51
For me the best jill voice ever is RE5 jill followed by second best in the original RE3 i really wish they would have brought one of them back
(message deleted)

User Info: Venage27

Venage27
2 months ago#53
Jesse_Faden posted...
Because even in 2020, hardcore weeaboo dub hating is still a thing.
Edit: You are not as weeb as they are, to your credit.
Yeah, I watch anime in both English and Japanese and enjoyed them both the same. Especially Naruto who get a ridiculous amount of hate for it's dub, I think it has some of the best English cast period.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

User Info: WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77
2 months ago#54
I know about weeaboo dub haters worse than anyone. It's rampant in the Digimon fandom.
Creator of the official Digimon: Digital Monsters community board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1430-digimon-digital-monsters

User Info: AG15

AG15
2 months ago#55
TC you must be on crack or something.

REmake 2 had amazing voice acting.

Marvin's VA alone is better than any previous game's voice actors combined.
''We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in''

Venage27
2 months ago#56
AG15 posted...
TC you must be on crack or something.

Marvin's VA alone is better than any previous game's voice actors combined.
That's a bold statement. Despite to popular belief due to the original RE1 voice cast being so bad that it is memed to this day, other RE games did indeed had some great voice actors. With big names like Roger Craigh Smith, Matthew Mercer Troy Baker and Laura Bailey being the voices of some characters. I think saying that Marvin's remake va being better than them is questionable. I can see you saying that he is better than the original RE2 Marvin's VA, but "any previous game's voice actors combined"? That's hard to take. As your opinion, I respect it but I still find it difficult to understand how Marvin's remake va can be better than freaking Roger Craigh Smith.

User Info: Impeach-Trump

Impeach-Trump
2 months ago#57
AG15 posted...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aCEjb5qnSY
Triple H had nothing to apologize about.

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
2 months ago#58
Jesse_Faden posted...
Because even in 2020, hardcore weeaboo dub hating is still a thing.

Which is weird since you'd think that a fanbase of something would care more about another person enjoying it more than what language they hear when watching it.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

User Info: AyumiSqueezetoy

AyumiSqueezetoy
2 months ago#59
riddlebox89 posted...
Which is weird since you'd think that a fanbase of something would care more about another person enjoying it more than what language they hear when watching it.

dude, you have to enjoy things *correctly*. Look at people here arguing about a skirt!

I was an anime fan in the 90s. the dubs were pretty bad (but starting to get good). The main reasons I was against dubs back then were:
1) People who watch bad dubs and then b**** about how bad anime is because the voices suck
2) It was often harder to get subbed version (and was more costly - back in the VHS times, a subtitled tape would often cost $10 more), so getting more people to watch subs over dubs could potentially have benefited me directly.

I think those are fair reasons that are pretty outdated for the 2020s.

Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

Venage27
2 months ago#60
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
dude, you have to enjoy things *correctly*. Look at people here arguing about a skirt!

I was an anime fan in the 90s. the dubs were pretty bad (but starting to get good). The main reasons I was against dubs back then were:
1) People who watch bad dubs and then b**** about how bad anime is because the voices suck
2) It was often harder to get subbed version (and was more costly - back in the VHS times, a subtitled tape would often cost $10 more), so getting more people to watch subs over dubs could potentially have benefited me directly.

I think those are fair reasons that are pretty outdated for the 2020s.
I'm not someone who can decide what others can or can't like. Everyone can like whatever they want. Personally The Jill "skirt" thing doesn't bothered me since the OG RE3 costume is dlc and unlike the RE2 Claire one, Jill's Pre Order OG costume seemed accurate to me and I surely use that instead of her new costume.
But, in my opinion, people criticizing the new design have points and it is a fair reason. I mean think about it, OG RE3 Jill costume is probably the most iconic Jill, rivaled only by STARS Jill. Imagine taking that iconic look and replacing it with the most generic and boring normal outfit that one can expect from minor characters in cringey zombie movies.
Like I said, since the original costume is there it doesn't bothers me since I will simply play as that but for the others that's not enough. We have to respect that.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Patricia Ja Lee voices Jill in Teppen.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A