• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Patricia Ja Lee voices Jill in Teppen.

User Info: Venage27

Venage27
1 month ago#21
CODEumb87 posted...
I think some people are tripping on nostalgia up in here. Paul Mercier did an amazing job as Leon but Nick Apostolides also did a great job portraying young Leon. It’s strange to prefer one over the other since they both covered a different take on the character.

Matthew Mercer on the other hand, was a horrible Leon.
Actually Paul did a young Leon in Darkside Chronicles and he was way better than Nick imo. Not that this is hard to do. I kinda disagree on the last part, say what you will about RE6, that game can be critized for 100 things but voice acting isn't one of them. Matthew killed it as Leon imo.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Venage27
1 month ago#22
ChaozCloud posted...
The new VAs aren't the problem. It's the dialogue that's horribly written.
Fair point, the writing was bad, Claire was written like Donte instead of Claire, hell she must have dropped more F bomb than even Donte and that's not counting the gameplay dialogue.

User Info: AyumiSqueezetoy

AyumiSqueezetoy
1 month ago#23
Venage27 posted...
say what you will about RE6, that game can be critized for 100 things but voice acting isn't one of them.

I think the only bad thing you can say about the voice acting in RE6 is that they wasted some good voice acting (Laura Bailey as Helena, for example) on a crappy game. the voices were too good for the game. lol.

Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

User Info: Impeach-Trump

Impeach-Trump
1 month ago#24
Hero3ziz posted...
he VAs of both remakes are completely fine.
No they arent. They are Dynasty Warriors 9 level of s***.
Triple H had nothing to apologize about.

Venage27
1 month ago#25
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
We don't know all the specifics here, but I can guarantee that Capcom won't go for unionized actors if they do remake Code Veronica.

I'd bet both kidneys that Claire and Chris will be voiced by Steph Panisello and David Vaughn respectively. These old actors are not coming back if it's already been three games where this non-union stance has been set in stone.
Man I really don't want Sthepanie and David. There were awful for me. Did you know that Reuben(last time escapes me), the guy who does Dante(DMC3-5), did the Mo Cap for Chris in previous RE games. Can't they just get him if we can't bring back Roger? They did in DMC5 so Reuben isn't union or whatever. And he is pretty talented. He would make an excellent Chris. For Claire, if they can't get Alysson maybe they can hire another VA. Seriously, of all the new VAs, I think the Redfield siblings got the worst ones.

Venage27
1 month ago#26
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
I think the only bad thing you can say about the voice acting in RE6 is that they wasted some good voice acting (Laura Bailey as Helena, for example) on a crappy game. the voices were too good for the game. lol.
Yeah, they should have saved Laura for an important character, who gives a s*** about Helena? Lol. Is Laura in the va union thing btw? If not, she would make a great Claire imo if they can get her.

Venage27
1 month ago#27
Impeach-Trump posted...
No they arent. They are Dynasty Warriors 9 level of s***.
Peter Jessop was a decent Wesker imo. Not as good as Douglas though but considering that Douglas Wesker was based on Jessop then I think we should give him more credit.
And to be fair about the the first Remake cast, literally anyone is better than the travesty that in the OG RE1 cast. But it did gave us the memes so i can't stay mad at it.

User Info: AyumiSqueezetoy

AyumiSqueezetoy
1 month ago#28
Laura's in the union, but she used to be willing to work non-union at times. I believe she's been doing more directing and stuff, so probably sticking closer to the rules these days.

Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

User Info: Mehran456

Mehran456
1 month ago#29
Venage27 posted...
Yeah, they should have saved Laura for an important character, who gives a s*** about Helena? Lol. Is Laura in the va union thing btw? If not, she would make a great Claire imo if they can get her.
I could imagine Kira Buckland as Claire more than Laura Bailey tbh
This is my signature
Do you like it?

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
1 month ago#30
Mehran456 posted...
I could imagine Kira Buckland as Claire more than Laura Bailey tbh

2B as Claire? I wouldn't say no lol.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Patricia Ja Lee voices Jill in Teppen.
  • Topic Archived