• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Patricia Ja Lee voices Jill in Teppen.

User Info: obzen24

obzen24
1 month ago#11
Hero3ziz posted...
ohhh I know I know, because he has the same old VA and these people are heavily against the slightest of change even if the change is for the best?

What am i missing? He seems pretty reasonable to me.

No worse than attacking him for his thoughts.

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
1 month ago#12
obzen24 posted...
What am i missing?

That the one character who's VA he doesn't have a problem with, is (Disregarding RE2 since he was uncredited) the only character in the series that can boast that he's had the same voice actor every time he's made an appearance.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
1 month ago#13
I think some people are tripping on nostalgia up in here. Paul Mercier did an amazing job as Leon but Nick Apostolides also did a great job portraying young Leon. It’s strange to prefer one over the other since they both covered a different take on the character.

Matthew Mercer on the other hand, was a horrible Leon.

User Info: AyumiSqueezetoy

AyumiSqueezetoy
1 month ago#14
Yeah, there were some good VO games during that time (raised the bar, to the betterment of all), but seriously, no matter your issues with 2, compare it to 1 - Capcom definitely made efforts to improve it.
But again, I point to later Alyson performances as to why they could've kept her.

I was fine with the new VO as well, tho, so I'm not hard-arguing. I'm just saying that getting Alyson Court back would not end up with the game sounding exactly like OGRE2's performances.
Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

User Info: Mehran456

Mehran456
1 month ago#15
CODEumb87 posted...
I think some people are tripping on nostalgia up in here. Paul Mercier did an amazing job as Leon but Nick Apostolides also did a great job portraying young Leon. It’s strange to prefer one over the other since they both covered a different take on the character.

Matthew Mercer on the other hand, was a horrible Leon.
I actually thought Matthew Mercer made a great older more experienced Leon who was just completely done with B.O.W's and stuff

But then again Matthew Mercer is one of my favorite VA's of all time so i do admit there is some bias here
This is my signature
Do you like it?

User Info: ChaozCloud

ChaozCloud
1 month ago#16
The new VAs aren't the problem. It's the dialogue that's horribly written.
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
All praise the poor Shrine Maiden, the Ordinary Magician and the holy being ZUN. Convert to Touhouism today.

User Info: ReceiverxWisdom

ReceiverxWisdom
1 month ago#17
Simple. Small side projects don't cost the same as the ones with mocap and acting.

This is why Capcom opts to go non-union with that because more work is required than something like MVCI where you don't have to do anything, but collect a small paycheck in a booth.
The big, bad wolf of GFAQs | Toxic disgrace on YouTube: https://bit.ly/2NavIav
PSN: RenOperative_ | Steam: Ren Operative

User Info: ReceiverxWisdom

ReceiverxWisdom
1 month ago#18
We don't know all the specifics here, but I can guarantee that Capcom won't go for unionized actors if they do remake Code Veronica.

I'd bet both kidneys that Claire and Chris will be voiced by Steph Panisello and David Vaughn respectively. These old actors are not coming back if it's already been three games where this non-union stance has been set in stone.
The big, bad wolf of GFAQs | Toxic disgrace on YouTube: https://bit.ly/2NavIav
PSN: RenOperative_ | Steam: Ren Operative

User Info: Venage27

Venage27
1 month ago#19
Hero3ziz posted...
ohhh I know I know, because he has the same old VA and these people are heavily against the slightest of change even if the change is for the best?
By your logic then why do I prefer Roger Craigh Smith, Chris from RE5 instead of his voice actors in the Remake or Code Veronica? And why my favourite Wesker is D.C Douglas? I don't have a problem with changes, I have a problem with bad voice acting.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

User Info: Venage27

Venage27
1 month ago#20
riddlebox89 posted...
That the one character who's VA he doesn't have a problem with, is (Disregarding RE2 since he was uncredited) the only character in the series that can boast that he's had the same voice actor every time he's made an appearance.
I also liked Birkin because he was voiced by the guy who did Frank West. Also you do realize that you and the other guy are killing your own points right? If I only liked the original actors then I keep naming VAs that started with RE4, RE5 and RE6 for Leon and Chris? What about Michelle Ruff who I have said that she is probably my favourite Jill(tied with Patricia) and yet she started with Revelations? Oh and Keith Silverstein reprised his role as Hunk because he IS a good voice actor and damn right I'm going to boast about him. He displayed more talent in one cut scene and a 20 minute minigame that the Remake VAs of Leon, Claire and Ada did in an entire game.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Patricia Ja Lee voices Jill in Teppen.
  • Topic Archived