• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Patricia Ja Lee voices Jill in Teppen.

User Info: Venage27

Venage27
4 weeks ago#1
According to IMDb, The RE5 voice actress for Jill(as well her voice from Umbrella Chronicles) reprised her role. I liked her Jill, i think she did a great job.
Why is it that Capcom keep getting the good VAs from spin offs, crossovers and mobile games and the main games get a bunch of untalented idiots?
I'm not talking about Remake3 since I can't judge it from 2 short trailers but the VA for Chris in RE7 was atrocious while Marvel vs Capcom Infinite got Roger Craigh Smith. And the voices in Remake2 were bad too IMO. I hope Remake3 changes that, can anyone tell who is voicing Jill? I swear I've heard her before but I can't figure it out and I'm pretty good with voice actors...
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

User Info: Hero3ziz

Hero3ziz
4 weeks ago#2
Why is 95% of your posts about the REmake 2 and 3 are about the voice acting? Seriously move on man, the VAs of both remakes are completely fine. Some are even a lot better than the original.
I swear I'm not insane. Yeah, most likely not insane.

Venage27
4 weeks ago#3
Hero3ziz posted...
Why is 95% of your posts about the REmake 2 and 3 are about the voice acting? Seriously move on man, the VAs of both remakes are completely fine. Some are even a lot better than the original.
They aren't. You just only read the ones that they are. I disagree on the last part, I think the remake 2 actors are bad and previous vas were better. I haven't said anything about Remake 3 actors yet. Only the RE7 and the Remake 2 ones. And only Chris, Leon, Claire and Ada. I was perfectly fine with Hunk.

User Info: Fire_Emblem_

Fire_Emblem_
4 weeks ago#4
Venage27 posted...
They aren't. You just only read the ones that they are. I disagree on the last part, I think the remake 2 actors are bad and previous vas were better. I haven't said anything about Remake 3 actors yet. Only the RE7 and the Remake 2 ones. And only Chris, Leon, Claire and Ada. I was perfectly fine with Hunk.
Then you have horrible taste... The original actors sounded like amateurs. I thought this as kid playing it.
Ike is the best Fire Emblem character!
Formerly known as master_m11

Venage27
4 weeks ago#5
Fire_Emblem_ posted...
Then you have horrible taste... The original actors sounded like amateurs. I thought this as kid playing it.
In original RE2? Sure they did but notice how I said previous VAs and not just OG RE2 Vas. But they did improved over the years or were replaced by better actors in later games. In Claire's case at least, she improved, you can tell that her performance in Darkside Chronicles and Degeneration were far better than her performance in og RE2 and certainly better than the remake2 imo.
For Leon, he got better actors like Paul Mercier in RE4 and Matthew Mercer in RE6.
I simply like Paul Mercier and Matthew Mercer as Leon more than Nick Apostoledes and Alyson Court more than Stephanie (I don't remember her last name). It's not poor taste to like something else, it's just a different preference.
Just because I called the remake VAs bad and garbage that doesn't mean that I have problem with anyone who liked them. You can like whatever you want but don't tell me that I have a bad taste because I prefer the guy who played Jotaro over Nick Apostoledes lol. You like your thing and I like mine.

User Info: AyumiSqueezetoy

AyumiSqueezetoy
4 weeks ago#6
Fire_Emblem_ posted...

The originals were actually pretty good *for that time*, but it was a dark time for game voices. I do think they were trying to play up the campiness (Alyson Court was doing other projects at the time and was better in those).
I do think the new voice actors are fine, but... Alyson Court would have added consistency and no matter what your opinion of the original, she's had 20 years of additional experience (and is great these days) so she'll be great (you can even hear a marked improvement in Code Veronica and Degeneration)

Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

Venage27
4 weeks ago#7
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
The originals were actually pretty good *for that time*, but it was a dark time for game voices. I do think they were trying to play up the campiness (Alyson Court was doing other projects at the time and was better in those).
I do think the new voice actors are fine, but... Alyson Court would have added consistency and no matter what your opinion of the original, she's had 20 years of additional experience (and is great these days) so she'll be great (you can even hear a marked improvement in Code Veronica and Degeneration)
They were certainly an improvement over OG RE1. But let's be honest, RE didn't had any decent Voice Acting in the PS1 days with the exception of RE2 Ada and RE3 Jill. Even Alyson started getting good from CV onwards, she was mostly ok in RE2.
But I need to add something about the times thing. Others games had excellent VAs even back, especially the Legacy of Kain series and hell even Crash Bandicoot had Clancy Brown. But yeah for most games, VAs were laughable. But times have change, in this day and age, all AAA games should have some Troy Baker and Laura Bailey quality performances in my opinion. I don't care if they get new actors, I don't know anyone from the Dark Souls trilogy and I still love all the voices there, I just want good voice actors.

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
4 weeks ago#8
Venage27 posted...
I was perfectly fine with Hunk.

How did I just know that if there was one character who's VA you people had no problems with, it'd be HUNK?
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

User Info: Hero3ziz

Hero3ziz
4 weeks ago#9
riddlebox89 posted...
How did I just know that if there was one character who's VA you people had no problems with, it'd be HUNK?
ohhh I know I know, because he has the same old VA and these people are heavily against the slightest of change even if the change is for the best?
I swear I'm not insane. Yeah, most likely not insane.

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
4 weeks ago#10
Hero3ziz posted...
ohhh I know I know, because he has the same old VA and these people are heavily against the slightest of change even if the change is for the best?

Congratulations, you're winner!

You've won a free all expenses paid trip the the cloud district. Just be warned, there's no p****.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Patricia Ja Lee voices Jill in Teppen.
  • Topic Archived