• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. What is the most important loose end you wish RE would address

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
1 month ago#21
Det_Beauregard posted...
Retcon 6 into Claire’s or Jill’s dream and call it a day.

And it's never going to happen. They're not going to retcon out an entire game (Which would also retcon out at least two others if not more) just because people didn't like it.

Capcom aren't like Kojima who picks and chooses the things he likes and retcons out what he doesn't.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
(message deleted)

User Info: Kaliesto

Kaliesto
1 month ago#23
Never understood why some people disliked 6, I enjoyed it.
Gimme dat, gimme dat, gimme dat DramaFAQs-misterbum

User Info: FNFred

FNFred
1 month ago#24
  • I'd like it if Raccoon City wasn't destroyed at the end of RE3R. There's many possibilities with the setting still. Unpopular opinion, I know.
  • It would be cool to see Ada. It could fit the timeline. Maybe just a glimpse from afar. Her model is all ready to go anyway.
  • I'd like Nicholai to survive, and maybe be a major player in RE8. There's potential there to tie in RE3 with 8.
  • Just give us that Jill/Carlos romance at the end. Just a kiss would fit.

User Info: AviaraBlue

AviaraBlue
1 month ago#25
The most important loose end is definitely Jill yo! Both Nemmy and Nicolai really let us Umbrella folks down!
PSN - AzureNyx.

User Info: Kaliesto

Kaliesto
1 month ago#26
AviaraBlue posted...
The most important loose end is definitely Jill yo! Both Nemmy and Nicolai really let us Umbrella folks down!

I think it was briefly stated that Jill was currently off the field for right now? The one concern is that some years have passed when the timeline made a somewhat big jump in RE7.

Gimme dat, gimme dat, gimme dat DramaFAQs-misterbum

User Info: BIack_Dynamite

BIack_Dynamite
1 month ago#27
Det_Beauregard posted...
Ok, I’ll give you 5. Hell, I guess that means 4, too. But 6, regardless of Sherry, is a steaming hot pile of licker dung in terms of story. Actually, in terms of everything.

I actually liked most of 5’s story. What I didn’t like were the skyscraper-sized enemies like Irving and Excella. Oh, also the volcano.

Retcon 6 into Claire’s or Jill’s dream and call it a day.

Irving and Excella were cool fights in terms of sheer spectacle. As far as all the huge overgrown monsters in the series, those two are among the better ones.

User Info: VegantoKeens

VegantoKeens
1 month ago#28
This series' story is built on a pile up of loose ends. RE story writers are religious followers of believing the journey and mystery is more rewarding than a climax, so it just never comes to that. It is amazing Albert actually got to die in RE5 and that is still not allowed to be it. Jake, Alex and HCF/Red Umbrella hinting at him possibly maybe living in some secret way. RE6 was a good example of everyone just repeating their story arcs over and over without a conclusion.

RE8 is either about Claire looking for Chris, or is just about Leon or some random new person doing something in the corner of the RE universe. I don't really mind because the games always have some kind of quality standard or do some new gameplay thing really well, but there is too much to count loose end wise.
Try not to cry in nostalgia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39pK2MV_sfs

User Info: doowop

doowop
1 month ago#29
did billy really escape?

where the hell is hunk?

did the ganados in spain eat the children?

did the merchant take the dog with him from the island?

was irving an angry matthew broderick clone?

what ashley did when she didn't get "overtime"?

did steve have a tampon on the whole time?

what's really under barrys beard?

doowop dooby doowop doolang

User Info: ManuMIAS

ManuMIAS
1 month ago#30
I was gonna say I wanna know more about the Family but its pretty stablish that "The Family" is a code name for the Elite or the Illuminati in the US, because they are the ones that planned the attack on Tall Oaks and also the nuke on Raccoon City, but Capcom won't address much that in future games since they tackle by RE6 getting low reviews.

Every game that question the US integrity gets canned and gets low score, its the same with Quantum of Solance in James Bond, the bad guys are the americans but I guess you can't have that on media, its the 007 that got it harsh in the US. but its one of the best Craig films.
Calling ppl toxic is just an ad hominem fallacy argument. They resort to a dismissive personal insult at detractors and critics about their personal character.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. What is the most important loose end you wish RE would address
  • Topic Archived