• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. "Resident Evil 4 is one of the greatest game ever made."

User Info: FNFred

FNFred
2 months ago#91
I played it last night and damn the controls aren't my cup of tea. Maybe it's just having to get used to it again since I've been playing RE2 and RE3 for the last 3 weeks but there's a couple of buttons that totally go against my Resident Evil muscle memory. And no, most control changes like Type II and Type III aren't fixing all of that.

• Triangle opens the map. It should be the inventory.
  • X is run. It should be Square or automatic run like in REmake.
  • Ready knife and ready weapon should be inverted.
  • Action should always be X. Not Square.
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/4/1/7/AAZQu7AAAHq5.jpg

User Info: chaosvalentine

chaosvalentine
2 months ago#92
It's definitely going back to it and having to untrain muscle memory that makes it an issue. I replayed RE4 (PS3) after RE2:R (PS4) and was getting hacked up on the way to the village because I couldn't pick the right button for run/aim/etc.

User Info: FNFred

FNFred
2 months ago#93
chaosvalentine posted...
It's definitely going back to it and having to untrain muscle memory that makes it an issue.
The controls now feel so alien to me. Buttons are mapped to weird actions.

User Info: ManuMIAS

ManuMIAS
2 months ago#94
FNFred posted...
I played it last night and damn the controls aren't my cup of tea. Maybe it's just having to get used to it again since I've been playing RE2 and RE3 for the last 3 weeks but there's a couple of buttons that totally go against my Resident Evil muscle memory. And no, most control changes like Type II and Type III aren't fixing all of that.

* Triangle opens the map. It should be the inventory.
* X is run. It should be Square or automatic run like in REmake.
* Ready knife and ready weapon should be inverted.
* Action should always be X. Not Square.
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/4/1/7/AAZQu7AAAHq5.jpg

it was riding on a bicycle I was playing a bit and I feel I did better than a couple weeks, I'm not that far in the game, I just need to beat it as fast I can to get the Mercenaries.
Calling ppl toxic is just an ad hominem fallacy argument. They resort to a dismissive personal insult at detractors and critics about their personal character.

User Info: ZoaMang

ZoaMang
2 months ago#95
Honestly am impartial to it. It’s just there as game in the series for me. Don’t necessarily hate it in any capacity, but as an action game, RE5 is way better, so I stick to it.
RIP

User Info: Tfv1982

Tfv1982
2 months ago#96
In my opinion, re4 is good but overrated.

Personally after re3 on ps1 i felt the series took a nose dive.

User Info: ManuMIAS

ManuMIAS
2 months ago#97
ZoaMang posted...
Honestly am impartial to it. It’s just there as game in the series for me. Don’t necessarily hate it in any capacity, but as an action game, RE5 is way better, so I stick to it.

not really, James Bond GoldenEye or Quantum of Solace ARE ACTION games.

Uncharted games are adventure action games.

Resident Evil 4 its an action HORROR game.

You can't even tell the difference then you gotta run boi.
Calling ppl toxic is just an ad hominem fallacy argument. They resort to a dismissive personal insult at detractors and critics about their personal character.

User Info: ZoaMang

ZoaMang
2 months ago#98
I don’t exactly understand how it can be labeled “action horror” when the controls, and specifics like location or atmosphere, are clearly action based with a lack of horror elements in it. Running from boulders like Indiana Jones, dealing with intelligent enemies capable of wielding weapons and coordination, and numerous action segments like the Krauser knife fight, really don’t make it seem horror based.
RIP

User Info: Morpheus102686

Morpheus102686
2 months ago#99
ZoaMang posted...
I don’t exactly understand how it can be labeled “action horror” when the controls, and specifics like location or atmosphere, are clearly action based with a lack of horror elements in it. Running from boulders like Indiana Jones, dealing with intelligent enemies capable of wielding weapons and coordination, and numerous action segments like the Krauser knife fight, really don’t make it seem horror based.

This. RE4 is a non horror action game just like RE5-6 and yet the 4 fanboys always get offended when people bring up those objective facts about the genre switch. The 4 fanboys also want to b**** about the “purists” yet they are far far worse with their intolerance to people that just don’t like the game. They’re almost as bad as FFVII fanboys.
New York Yankees

User Info: You_Need_A_Life

You_Need_A_Life
2 months ago#100
ManuMIAS posted...
not really, James Bond GoldenEye or Quantum of Solace ARE ACTION games.

Uncharted games are adventure action games.

Resident Evil 4 its an action HORROR game.

You can't even tell the difference then you gotta run boi.

007 games are shooters, either 1st person or 3rd. They’re not action games, like Metal Gear or Splinter Cell (even Splinter Cell is merely borderline “Action”).

RE4 is a shooter. Whatever theme or aesthetic it wears doesn’t impact the gameplay whatsoever, and at its core, it’s a 3rd person shooter.
For any whom this post happens to offend, I can get you a great deal on a spine.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. "Resident Evil 4 is one of the greatest game ever made."
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A