• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. "Resident Evil 4 is one of the greatest game ever made."

User Info: Plant42

Plant42
1 month ago#41
People always bend over backwards to attack 4 here

User Info: deprofundis442

deprofundis442
1 month ago#42
Plant42 posted...
People always bend over backwards to attack 4 here
For all the years that I've told people I wasn't that into RE4 as an RE fan and had people pretty much explode in bewilderment, I'll allow it.
Fred Durp and the Gimp Trizkits

User Info: manta53

manta53
1 month ago#43
Legend3000 posted...
Where do I start. For one, it’s ABSOLUTELY one of the greatest games of all time and was even awarded that title through a publication I can’t remember at the moment. Resident evil 4 was mind blowing at the time! So here’s my top 10 reasons why Resident Evil 4 is amazing!

1.The graphics were some of the best we’ve ever seen at the time and still hold up to this day.

2.Resident Evil may have touted its gameplay as “survival horror” but up until that point, nothing screamed survival horror more than the opening scene of RE4 where you are barricading doors and windows while fleeing in a fun panic. I’ve probably played the RE4 demo more than any demo in my life because of that.

3.Flagship hero Leon S motha f***ing Kennedy comes back from his amazing RE2 days and is no longer a rookie cop, but a badass. Main character is Hype!

4.Enemies RAN AT YOU. Ok, so maybe they ran at you in older games but not like this. And they certainly didn’t break down doors to get to you! Crazy tension.

5.The bosses were some of the best in the business! Remember fighting two 50 foot tall Ogres while being surrounded by a ring of lava? How about that blind wolverine monster that rips himself from his shackles? The grotesque monster that follows you through three suspended cages in mid air that drop one by one within a time limit? The giant lake monster? I could go on and on.

6.The setting was no longer just dark and dreary and showed that the game provides tension and atmosphere whether you’re outside, in a high tech facility, a castle, a lake, a cemetery, etc etc. great locations.

7.”What ya buyin?”

8.Mercenaries mode!

9.A sense of freedom away from tight nit corridors and tank controls. This game was the pioneer of over the shoulder gameplay.

10.The game doesn’t take itself too seriously. It was the perfect mix of action, horror, and to an extent comedy. Leon is now a wise cracking confident agent and while some didn’t like the change in tone from his previous character, it felt like a breath of fresh air. I barely remember Leon even having a personality in RE2, but I DEFINITELY remember his RE4 personality.
Lmao and this ladies and gentlemen is the perfect definetion of fanboy.
Church of Korvin

User Info: FNFred

FNFred
1 month ago#44
deprofundis442 posted...
For all the years that I've told people I wasn't that into RE4 as an RE fan and had people pretty much explode in bewilderment, I'll allow it.
I prefer RE5 over RE4.

Should I ready a strong defense to protect myself? ;)

User Info: Mehran456

Mehran456
1 month ago#45
FNFred posted...
I prefer RE5 over RE4.

Should I ready a strong defense to protect myself? ;)
Just don't be like the guy in post #43 and you'll be fine
This is my signature
Do you like it?

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
1 month ago#46
FNFred posted...
I keep seeing how many Resident Evil players put RE4 on a golden pedestal in gaming and how it's the greatest thing since sliced bread but I don't see it. The controls are mega clunky, Ashley was annoying, both Leon and Ada became Avengers superheroes and the story as a whole felt like a soft reboot, barely mentioning anything related to the series as a whole. People say that RE7 was a departure and didn't feel like a RE title, but what about RE4? By the way, I thought it was a good action game but the best in the series let alone the greatest game ever made? Dafuq.

I'm genuinely curious as to why RE4 is seen as a masterpiece.

And yet if someone said to you RE1 remake was the best game ever made, you'd have no qualms with them.

Note: people have favourites which differ from yours
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....

User Info: FNFred

FNFred
1 month ago#47
Sega9599 posted...
And yet if someone said to you RE1 remake was the best game ever made, you'd have no qualms with them.

Note: people have favourites which differ from yours
Note: You assume too much.

User Info: TheRocha

TheRocha
1 month ago#48
At the time of release, Resi4 was a modern shooter with a Resident Evil coat of paint: Umbrella fell, Leon, Wesker and Ada were there.
The fall of Umbrella shifted the series into a new path of survival action. Purist fans hated the shift, but Resi4 put the series back into the spotlight thanks to tight gameplay and challenging enemies.
Although not as fast or as fresh as games that came after and improved on its formula - like Dead Space - there is no denying the overall quality of it as a survival action game.
As a fan of the series it is a shame Capcom took the wrong lessons from its critical and comercial success and delved into diminishing returns until the poor 6th instalment. Regardless, it is a classic game, which still influences modern games of the series.

User Info: Benjatron26354

Benjatron26354
1 month ago#49
You would have had to have been there when it was released in 2005.

I keep reading that KOTOR is the greatest Star Wars game ever but I never picked it up when it was released. I tried playing it on Xbox One but I found it too dated and couldn’t get into it.
I can still get into RE4 since I played it back then and have the nostalgia for it.

User Info: WhyitEarp

WhyitEarp
1 month ago#50
As someone that started with the original in that weird ass long PS1 box and RE2 is my favorite in the series, RE 4 is absolutely a great game. I get that people prefer the structure of the classic tittles, but the hate 4 gets on boards like this are why people talk about toxic fandoms and the cancerous gaming community. RE 4 holds up incredibly well and is a blast to play to this day.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. "Resident Evil 4 is one of the greatest game ever made."
  • Post New Message