• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. "Resident Evil 4 is one of the greatest game ever made."

User Info: ManuMIAS

ManuMIAS
1 month ago#161
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition its perfection.
Petition to add Alice Milla Jovovich in Resident Evil 3 Remake.

User Info: Robin_Mask

Robin_Mask
1 month ago#162
lilhurk1985187 posted...
Kojima fanboys are the worst of them all. Look how the feverishly defend the s***ty death stranding game.
Nah bruh, Nintendo fanboys always take it to a new low.
My YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8OmMlZXYXJmAi_f1vvNPg
This Gen:RDR2=GOW>FFX/X-2=FFXIITZA=Witcher 3>DOOM>Cuphead

User Info: twinsblade

twinsblade
1 month ago#163
just IMO if you played classic Re series in Ps1 than when PS2 launch... it might appeal Re4 is a good game but many would tell you NEVER Re4 would lead or the greatest game ever in RE series...

Now if you just start your first game in RE series with Re4 meaning you ONLY play RE games first with Re4 many would tell you that is the BEST GAME EVER in RE series but they only played RE4 or maybe a few hours in other RE series & they hate it.

Now if players played through RE series be it Re1 or RE1 remake till RE7 ask yourself this you are comparing RE4 with all these great titles. This is what I cannot see when almost some titles played so much differently how can Re4 can be name greatest in the RE series. It is like you are comparing Re4 to RE cronicles to Re0 seriously every gameplay is so much different.

I can see if you want to compare sure RE4 RE5 Re6 RE umbrella or RE raccoon city seriously I have no against any of the games because I felt each game titles has their strong point... not many players might agreed with me but I felt Raccoon city is the strongest in story or should I say back story again this is just IMO comparing with this Re series above as they are much faster pace, who ever has the biggest guns wins, not about ammo but big guns pacing... I would rank raccoon city or even Re6 in the top. Re4 winning strength at that time I play is just melee combat & new playing style, many hate Re6 but just IMO re6 produce way better fluid combat style & pacing instead of the clunky feel I felt in Re4. you can hate Re6 all you want but if you like Re4... Re6 is an upgrade in everything. Re6 story is never great but you cannot deny it sure beats Re4 story, Re6 has better controls again you cannot deny that... just IMO

Again if someone will to tell me Re outbreak is the best in the series I would not argue because maybe in their prospective comparing similar titles not RE4 or titles above as mention. It can be to them or maybe someone said Raccoon city is best I would agreed as I said maybe they like the story told.

if anyone want to compare sales sure in todays world fornite will sell 10x times more than TLOU... yes guys we are comparing fornite a better game in terms of sales when clearly every gamer who played TLOU knows which is a truly game master piece

User Info: Four_Archfiends

Four_Archfiends
1 month ago#164
twinsblade posted...
just IMO if you played classic Re series in Ps1 than when PS2 launch... it might appeal Re4 is a good game but many would tell you NEVER Re4 would lead or the greatest game ever in RE series...

Now if you just start your first game in RE series with Re4 meaning you ONLY play RE games first with Re4 many would tell you that is the BEST GAME EVER in RE series but they only played RE4 or maybe a few hours in other RE series & they hate it.

Now if players played through RE series be it Re1 or RE1 remake till RE7 ask yourself this you are comparing RE4 with all these great titles. This is what I cannot see when almost some titles played so much differently how can Re4 can be name greatest in the RE series. It is like you are comparing Re4 to RE cronicles to Re0 seriously every gameplay is so much different.

I can see if you want to compare sure RE4 RE5 Re6 RE umbrella or RE raccoon city seriously I have no against any of the games because I felt each game titles has their strong point... not many players might agreed with me but I felt Raccoon city is the strongest in story or should I say back story again this is just IMO comparing with this Re series above as they are much faster pace, who ever has the biggest guns wins, not about ammo but big guns pacing... I would rank raccoon city or even Re6 in the top. Re4 winning strength at that time I play is just melee combat & new playing style, many hate Re6 but just IMO re6 produce way better fluid combat style & pacing instead of the clunky feel I felt in Re4. you can hate Re6 all you want but if you like Re4... Re6 is an upgrade in everything. Re6 story is never great but you cannot deny it sure beats Re4 story, Re6 has better controls again you cannot deny that... just IMO

Again if someone will to tell me Re outbreak is the best in the series I would not argue because maybe in their prospective comparing similar titles not RE4 or titles above as mention. It can be to them or maybe someone said Raccoon city is best I would agreed as I said maybe they like the story told.

if anyone want to compare sales sure in todays world fornite will sell 10x times more than TLOU... yes guys we are comparing fornite a better game in terms of sales when clearly every gamer who played TLOU knows which is a truly game master piece
Agreed. Resident Evil 4 was obviously a good game but it was never that great to me, not in my top 3 at least. Top 3 goes to Resident Evil 2 Remake, Resident Evil 5, and Resident Evil Outbreaks.

I also never consider Resident Evil Remake that great either. I got into the Resident Evil franchise during a weird time when RE4 was long released already but first RE game was Outbreak which holds a special place in my heart. Online service for it was already long gone at that point. It was honestly released way ahead of its time.

Also agreed that ORC and RE6 aren't as bad as most people make them out to be. Neither of them are within my top 5 but they did have their own charm. I personally thought Resident Evil 0 was worst than both of them.

When I look at which game is the greatest, It depends on sales, fan reception, and reviews and how good the game is. With that I say Resident Evil 2 Remake is the greatest so far as it seems to have the least amount of hate compared to the others and already selling 5 million + in just 1 year.
But I have no problem if others consider some other to be the greatest.
Waiting for Senpai to blank me.

User Info: soulofninjasoul

soulofninjasoul
1 month ago#165
FNFred posted...
I keep seeing how many Resident Evil players put RE4 on a golden pedestal in gaming and how it's the greatest thing since sliced bread but I don't see it. The controls are mega clunky, Ashley was annoying, both Leon and Ada became Avengers superheroes and the story as a whole felt like a soft reboot, barely mentioning anything related to the series as a whole. People say that RE7 was a departure and didn't feel like a RE title, but what about RE4? By the way, I thought it was a good action game but the best in the series let alone the greatest game ever made? Dafuq.

I'm genuinely curious as to why RE4 is seen as a masterpiece.
RE4 was the best action game of the year it was released. It was tough, innovative, stylish, big dumb and very fun. Few games could ever be RE4. There has been many years of gameplay innovation since RE4 was released, but it was the GOAT for a good reason.
Life is an S.T.D with a 100% Mortality rate. Guns and Coffee!
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. "Resident Evil 4 is one of the greatest game ever made."
  • Topic Archived