• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. "Resident Evil 4 is one of the greatest game ever made."

User Info: LilRoss2k3

LilRoss2k3
3 weeks ago#131
yeah i don't get why people rate it so high. much like FF7. both of those games are only loved because they brought in a lot of "firsts". the over the shoulder view on RE and the 3D graphics and cutscenes with FF7. RE4 was overly long and the environment became too ridiculous towards the end from what i remember.
PSN ID-SouthShallRise
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: ToveriJuri

ToveriJuri
3 weeks ago#132
riddlebox89 posted...
Game was a critical and commercial success and really isn't a bad game at all. I'd say it belongs there.

It was an unremarkable shooter that did nothing for gaming. Being a commercial success is not enough when every other game in the list was extraordinary for the time in one way or another. While it was a passable horror/shooter it was an awful Doom game. Though whether you like Doom or FPS horror is down to personal preference.
PSN: ToveriJuri

User Info: Cobra1010

Cobra1010
3 weeks ago#133
Without RE4. The RE series could have ended.
GG Riot - http://i.imgur.com/PinGPhR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Hs8Y1vQ.png

User Info: lilhurk1985187

lilhurk1985187
3 weeks ago#134
Cobra1010 posted...
Without RE4. The RE series could have ended.
Then it should have ended.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1507-aew

User Info: KillerKhan420

KillerKhan420
3 weeks ago#135
It's a top 10 of all time for sure. If you weren't around to play it when it released you wouldn't get why people loved it.
"I know how the business works because I'm a wrestling fan"-hulkhogan1
(message deleted)

User Info: ManuMIAS

ManuMIAS
3 weeks ago#137
FNFred posted...
Well, we've got to experience a new wave of players, that's for sure.

Me: Oh you like Resident Evil?
Person: Yeah, started with RE4. RE5 is okay. Love this series.
Me: Your favorite?
Person: RE4 is the best game ever!
Me: Played any of the first 3?
Person: Nah these were the old games where nothing happened and you unlocked doors? Too boring.
Me: -_-

It's the Call of Duty wave of RE fans lol

still better than dinosaur-RE knock off fans.
Calling ppl toxic is just an ad hominem fallacy argument. They resort to a dismissive personal insult at detractors and critics about their personal character.

User Info: Morpheus102686

Morpheus102686
3 weeks ago#138
LilRoss2k3 posted...
yeah i don't get why people rate it so high. much like FF7. both of those games are only loved because they brought in a lot of "firsts". the over the shoulder view on RE and the 3D graphics and cutscenes with FF7. RE4 was overly long and the environment became too ridiculous towards the end from what i remember.

This. Not to mention both games have legions of terrible awful fanboys that can’t stand the fact that some people just don’t like the games. Maybe the games wouldn’t get as much hate if their respective fanboys respected other opinions.

ManuMIAS posted...
still better than dinosaur-RE knock off fans.

Nope. The games were survival horror from the start. The “dinosaur-RE knock off fans” had every right to be pissed that it switched from SH to a mindless action shooter. The action game 4-6 fanboys are far FAR worse than the classic SH fans.

New York Yankees
RE5 n 6 r better than 4
Official GRAVITY of gamefaqs Dark Souls boards.
I believe I, too, have pooped your pants --- R1 Masher

User Info: ManuMIAS

ManuMIAS
3 weeks ago#140
https://youtu.be/bsYYokJj8NM

I'm bored.

They saying with the first games the developers were getting bored having same gameplay and leaving the company for other projects. They wanted something to please the fans and get new ones too.
Calling ppl toxic is just an ad hominem fallacy argument. They resort to a dismissive personal insult at detractors and critics about their personal character.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. "Resident Evil 4 is one of the greatest game ever made."
  • Post New Message