• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Original OST for 3$ again?

User Info: samantha_sneez

samantha_sneez
4 weeks ago#41
Hero3ziz posted...
You do realize that it was recorded by the exact same two guys that did the original sountrack for the original, right?

Maybe he had a stroke and the smoked crack and got his 3 year old to smoke crack with him and allowed the child to bang out notes on the 1980s Roland and he just recorded it and slapped his name on it.
-Cartoons are people, too
-Not changing this signature until LeBron James treats me to a nice lobster dinner.

User Info: ienzo105

ienzo105
4 weeks ago#42
samantha_sneez posted...
Maybe he had a stroke and the smoked crack and got his 3 year old to smoke crack with him and allowed the child to bang out notes on the 1980s Roland and he just recorded it and slapped his name on it.
Lol
https://i.imgur.com/HbfKsMm.gifv

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
4 weeks ago#43
KaijunoKami posted...
Because it's content that was intentionally held off the game to make more money.

Did you see Sonic and Knuckles as day 1 dlc also, because it was intentionally cut and held off also?
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....

Sega9599
4 weeks ago#44
Venage27 posted...
I mean if I called Duel of Fates as Darth Maul's theme it won't dump it down or anything, it will simply mean that the music is mostly associated with the character.

Too much explanation for him. He knows why people say "the theme from" or "the one with". I wonder if he's this pedantic about titles as well. "It's not Mario 64 it's SUPER Mario 64"

User Info: KaijunoKami

KaijunoKami
4 weeks ago#45
Sega9599 posted...
Did you see Sonic and Knuckles as day 1 dlc also, because it was intentionally cut and held off also?

That doesn't even make sense. For one thing, there was no such thing as DLC in 94. Secondly, I was 12. Third, Sonic & Knuckles was an entirely new game.

User Info: 83iain

83iain
4 weeks ago#46
I thought 3 people were ultimately responsible/credited for the OG RE2 soundtrack. The main composer and artist who did the vast majority of the tracks being Masami Ueda. He didn't return for the Remake. It shows as RE2R had an appalling soundtrack.

I think Capcom simply thought that the amazing graphics of the RE Engine automatically will make things atmospheric when graphics only play a tiny part at setting the tone and atmosphere of a game.
Cogito Ergo Sum

Sega9599
4 weeks ago#47
KaijunoKami posted...
That doesn't even make sense. For one thing, there was no such thing as DLC in 94. Secondly, I was 12. Third, Sonic & Knuckles was an entirely new game.

Uh how was it? It would 100% be classified as dlc today. Original game cut up in two, exact same items, engine.....it's the same game with different levels.

User Info: ChaozCloud

ChaozCloud
4 weeks ago#48
Sega9599 posted...
Uh how was it? It would 100% be classified as dlc today. Original game cut up in two, exact same items, engine.....it's the same game with different levels.

From the info I can find the game was supposed to be released as one game, but it ended up being delayed because of time and being unable to fit everything on one cartridge. So it wasn't intentionally held back to be sold later.
It's not day one DLC due to the fact it was released about 8 months later. Fun fact, you can use the cartridge for Sonic 1 and 2 as well.

A better example of BS practices in the old days would be Pokémon Red and Blue.
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
All praise the poor Shrine Maiden, the Ordinary Magician and the holy being ZUN. Convert to Touhouism today.

User Info: Hero3ziz

Hero3ziz
4 weeks ago#49
ChaozCloud posted...
From the info I can find the game was supposed to be released as one game, but it ended up being delayed because of time and being unable to fit everything on one cartridge. So it wasn't intentionally held back to be sold later.
It's not day one DLC due to the fact it was released about 8 months later. Fun fact, you can use the cartridge for Sonic 1 and 2 as well.

A better example of BS practices in the old days would be Pokémon Red and Blue.

They still release two nearly identical versions of Pokemon games. Pokemon Sword and Shield were released a few months ago.
I swear I'm not insane. Yeah, most likely not insane.

User Info: ChaozCloud

ChaozCloud
4 weeks ago#50
Hero3ziz posted...
They still release two nearly identical versions of Pokemon games. Pokemon Sword and Shield were released a few months ago.

Indeed they do, but it started in the 90s. Actually surprised it has been allowed to prosper with no backlash.
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
All praise the poor Shrine Maiden, the Ordinary Magician and the holy being ZUN. Convert to Touhouism today.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Original OST for 3$ again?
  • Topic Archived