• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Original OST for 3$ again?

User Info: samantha_sneez

samantha_sneez
4 weeks ago#31
Crimson_Storm posted...
I wouldn’t say he’s missing out a ton. The best of the new OST is in the last parts of the game. Other than that, most of the tracks are either unnoticed or forgettable. The new OST does fit the game better though, like you said.

This. I listened to some of the new soundtrack on YouTube. My kidneys almost shut down because it was so bad. It just sounds like a 3 year old on crack banging on a keyboard. Embarrassing.
-Cartoons are people, too
-Not changing this signature until LeBron James treats me to a nice lobster dinner.

User Info: FNFred

FNFred
4 weeks ago#32
The R2make soundtrack cannot beat that since I heard it fades anyway whereas this masterpiece continues playing.

https://youtu.be/vMz6bhXyNZc

User Info: superyoodle

superyoodle
4 weeks ago#33
WarGreymon77 posted...
I never understood the people who complain about day 1 DLC.

Because they're not even trying to hide the fact that they're selling base game content to you for extra money
Final fantasy: murdered. Resident evil: mutilated.
Where/when will it end?

samantha_sneez
4 weeks ago#34
superyoodle posted...
Because they're not even trying to hide the fact that they're selling base game content to you for extra money

-Not changing this signature until LeBron James treats me to a nice lobster dinner.

User Info: harken_x

harken_x
4 weeks ago#35
Venage27 posted...
I was going to avoid the JoJo jokes so I won't ruin this topic. You presume that I don't know the real name of the soundtrack? Don't be stupid, I made it clear that the RE series has some of the best music, clearly I know their names. I even made a few references in this forum like Final Metamorphosis, Unstoppable Nemesis, Third Malformation of G, Winds of Madness, Sad But True and many others. And I was still wasn't wrong you know, O Vendetta di Dio IS Jack Norman's theme, correcting that is like correcting a guy who called The Imperial March as Darth Vader's theme. Both are correct.

Then you obviously knew what the correct title of the composition was. So why dumb it down with something lame like "Jack Norman's Theme?" That is unless you're explaining to someone who isn't as well rehearsed with the music of Biohazard/RE. Besides, the pieces "Veltro" and "Veltro -Qualtetto-" serve as a more befitting leitmotif that represents Norman and the associated terrorist group. I take videogame music VERY seriously so I hold others to certain expectations when referencing it, as far down to the finest details of each composer and/or arranger. I'm also in a s***ty mood right now, hence my callous response.

User Info: KaijunoKami

KaijunoKami
4 weeks ago#36
Hero3ziz posted...
You’re missing out so f***ing much. Don’t get me wrong, in a vacuum, the original OST is a lot better than the remake’s, but it doesn’t really fit with the tone and aesthetics of the remake. The remake’s own OST fits so much better.

While there is nothing wrong with the remake soundtrack, I do think the original one is superior except for the Mr X music.

WarGreymon77 posted...
I look at all DLC as a bonus. If it's a game or franchise that I enjoy, I'm glad to buy DLC. Especially when it's as reasonably priced as RE2's. But I will say, they should've just re-recorded the original OST in higher quality like in REmake.

It depends for me. I bought The Witcher III DLC because I got the game for free. Same with Assassin's Creed Origins and Spider-Man. However, I did not buy the DLC to AC Odyssey because I bought the game and it wasn't as good as Origins.

I also don't play fighters anymore until the Complete Edition comes out, and if one doesn't, then that game isn't worth my time in the first place.

FNFred posted...
You have no idea how much I disagree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK627H8pddA

Yes, that's some good music, but the fact that you had to have me hear the music to remember it proves my point. I remember the RE2 music any time I think about it. Same goes for REmake, Code Veronica, and RE4. On the other hand, for RE3, I need to find the music to remember it.

User Info: ienzo105

ienzo105
4 weeks ago#37
Hero3ziz posted...
While yea a lot of remake's tracks are forgettable, some are so good that you shouldn't miss them.

-The new RPD hall fits so much with the area's aesthetics. Too bad it only plays once.
-The new save room song feels really good when you turn on the lights.
-The dogs theme is stressful and fits with that section
-Mr.x's new themes s***s on the old one so bad
-The sewers save room music is really really good
-The ivy tune is scary and stressful, which fits the enemy's OHK.
-Then you get the final areas' and boss's music, which is loved by most.

Also don't forget Hunk's and Tofu's, which are so much better.
Trash. Didn’t even know RE2 Remake had a soundtrack. Forgettable.
https://i.imgur.com/HbfKsMm.gifv

User Info: Venage27

Venage27
4 weeks ago#38
harken_x posted...
Then you obviously knew what the correct title of the composition was. So why dumb it down with something lame like "Jack Norman's Theme?" That is unless you're explaining to someone who isn't as well rehearsed with the music of Biohazard/RE. Besides, the pieces "Veltro" and "Veltro -Qualtetto-" serve as a more befitting leitmotif that represents Norman and the associated terrorist group. I take videogame music VERY seriously so I hold others to certain expectations when referencing it, as far down to the finest details of each composer and/or arranger. I'm also in a s***ty mood right now, hence my callous response.
It's OK, I understand. Video Game music is some of my favourite too. Maybe even my favourite. I used to listen to it all the time when I was younger. Unfortunately, I don't have enough free time to do it anymore but I'm still paying attention to every new game OST and listen to them from time to time.
Anyway, back on subject, I get what you mean but I don't think simplifying something ruins it's value or anything. I mean if I called Duel of Fates as Darth Maul's theme it won't dump it down or anything, it will simply mean that the music is mostly associated with the character. O Vendetta di Dio is played only during Jack Norman's boss battle so it's his theme or one of them. Characters can have many themes like Wesker who I will give you an example later.
Finally, I don't assume that people know the OST. Sadly things like voice actors, mo cap actors, music aren't something that most players pay attention so by calling Jack Norman's theme, I make sure that even the people who don't care about it know what track I'm referring to.
Now, for the Wesker example. If I said "Hey everyone Winds of Madness is an awesome" some people will get puzzled, not everyone knows what Winds of Madness even is but if I say "Hey everyone Wesker's theme from RE5 is awesome" Everyone will instantly get it. Even though Wesker has multiple themes though the series, hell RE5 gave him like 3. People will know that I'm talking about Winds of Madness even if they don't know it's name because it's the most popular Wesker theme from RE5 as evident but it's numerous appearances in other media like MvC3, Teppen etc etc. Another example from the DMC series. If I say how great Sparda's Theme is, people will immediately recognize that I'm talking about the DMC1 intro music but if I called it "Devil's Sunday" people will scratch their heads.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

samantha_sneez
4 weeks ago#39
RE Remake 2’s soundtrack is absolute, unadulterated s***. I’m sorry. It sounds like absolute ass. It’s like some a****** got his 3 year old child high on crack cocaine and allowed them to bang on a 1980s Roland while they recorded it. I would have been f***in embarrassed if I had to present that s*** music to the developers and attach my name to it. Utterly ridiculous.

User Info: Hero3ziz

Hero3ziz
4 weeks ago#40
samantha_sneez posted...
RE Remake 2’s soundtrack is absolute, unadulterated s***. I’m sorry. It sounds like absolute ass. It’s like some a****** got his 3 year old child high on crack cocaine and allowed them to bang on a 1980s Roland while they recorded it. I would have been f***in embarrassed if I had to present that s*** music to the developers and attach my name to it. Utterly ridiculous.

You do realize that it was recorded by the exact same two guys that did the original sountrack for the original, right?

I mean, I agree the original is a lot better, but the remake is not bad at all. It’s fits well with what they were going for.
I swear I'm not insane. Yeah, most likely not insane.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Original OST for 3$ again?
  • Topic Archived