• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Original OST for 3$ again?

User Info: Hero3ziz

Hero3ziz
1 month ago#21
FNFred posted...
So true.

I actually never played R2make with the new soundtrack lol. I dread at the prospect of Capcom not including the old soundtrack for RE3 :(

You’re missing out so f***ing much. Don’t get me wrong, in a vacuum, the original OST is a lot better than the remake’s, but it doesn’t really fit with the tone and aesthetics of the remake. The remake’s own OST fits so much better.

On topic, I enjoyed using both for REmake 2, so I hope they do that for REmake 3. I’d happily buy it.
I swear I'm not insane. Yeah, most likely not insane.

User Info: Crimson_Storm

Crimson_Storm
1 month ago#22
Hero3ziz posted...
You’re missing out so f***ing much. Don’t get me wrong, in a vacuum, the original OST is a lot better than the remake’s, but it doesn’t really fit with the tone and aesthetics of the remake. The remake’s own OST fits so much better.

On topic, I enjoyed using both for REmake 2, so I hope they do that for REmake 3. I’d happily buy it.
I wouldn’t say he’s missing out a ton. The best of the new OST is in the last parts of the game. Other than that, most of the tracks are either unnoticed or forgettable. The new OST does fit the game better though, like you said.
I'll never long for what might have been

User Info: WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77
1 month ago#23
KaijunoKami posted...
Because it's content that was intentionally held off the game to make more money.
I look at all DLC as a bonus. If it's a game or franchise that I enjoy, I'm glad to buy DLC. Especially when it's as reasonably priced as RE2's. But I will say, they should've just re-recorded the original OST in higher quality like in REmake.
Creator of the official Digimon: Digital Monsters community board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1430-digimon-digital-monsters

User Info: Hero3ziz

Hero3ziz
1 month ago#24
Crimson_Storm posted...
I wouldn’t say he’s missing out a ton. The best of the new OST is in the last parts of the game. Other than that, most of the tracks are either unnoticed or forgettable. The new OST does fit the game better though, like you said.
While yea a lot of remake's tracks are forgettable, some are so good that you shouldn't miss them.

-The new RPD hall fits so much with the area's aesthetics. Too bad it only plays once.
-The new save room song feels really good when you turn on the lights.
-The dogs theme is stressful and fits with that section
-Mr.x's new themes s***s on the old one so bad
-The sewers save room music is really really good
-The ivy tune is scary and stressful, which fits the enemy's OHK.
-Then you get the final areas' and boss's music, which is loved by most.

Also don't forget Hunk's and Tofu's, which are so much better.
I swear I'm not insane. Yeah, most likely not insane.

User Info: FNFred

FNFred
1 month ago#25
KaijunoKami posted...
Unlike RE2, I probably wouldn't. The RE3 soundtrack was never all that memorable to me. RE2 was just phenomal all around.
You have no idea how much I disagree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK627H8pddA

User Info: Venage27

Venage27
1 month ago#26
harken_x posted...
I don't know where people come up with these fan made-up titles. The actual name of this composition is "O vendetta di Dio" by Takeshi Miura. Do your homework and know your soundtracks if you're going to reference them.
I was going to avoid the JoJo jokes so I won't ruin this topic. You presume that I don't know the real name of the soundtrack? Don't be stupid, I made it clear that the RE series has some of the best music, clearly I know their names. I even made a few references in this forum like Final Metamorphosis, Unstoppable Nemesis, Third Malformation of G, Winds of Madness, Sad But True and many others. And I was still wasn't wrong you know, O Vendetta di Dio IS Jack Norman's theme, correcting that is like correcting a guy who called The Imperial March as Darth Vader's theme. Both are correct.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

User Info: Rude Hero

Rude Hero
1 month ago#27
FNFred posted...
How about when you entered a save room but the music didn't play because Nemesis was around and this played instead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9n0fNnzGcY

Sounds like a Soul Calibur track.
Too hot to handle, too cold to hold.
(message deleted)

User Info: FNFred

FNFred
1 month ago#29
Rude Hero posted...
Sounds like a Soul Calibur track.
Hm? Really?

User Info: ChaozCloud

ChaozCloud
1 month ago#30
Crimson_Storm posted...
They believe that content should’ve been included in the game since it’s ready day 1 instead of as sold dlc.

Nah, we just remember the good ol days when a lot of the stuff we pay for as day 1 DLC used to be unlockable for free in game.

I don't mind paying for actual and proper DLC, like Smash Bros Ultimate. But stuff like what happened with SFxT and SCVI Tira are just BS.
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
All praise the poor Shrine Maiden, the Ordinary Magician and the holy being ZUN. Convert to Touhouism today.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Original OST for 3$ again?
  • Topic Archived