• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. What is your most hated gameplay segment of any RE game?

User Info: Setsunahenry

Setsunahenry
1 month ago#21
That QTE tapping button in RE4.

Also, that Chris's Campaign chasing Carla with vehicle is the worst. I am referring to driving and shooting part.
https://card.psnprofiles.com/2/setsunah0186.png
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Terenigma

Terenigma
1 month ago#22
Literally everything in 6. Everything.
I play Monster Hunter. You may of seen me, i'm the one in the fluorescent pink hat.

User Info: Det_Beauregard

Det_Beauregard
1 month ago#23
I’ll go game-by-game for more thorough coverage...

RE0: The entire treatment plant. It’s just boooooooring. At this point the game’s item-boxless mechanics have worn tired and I just want to finish the damned thing.
REmake: The caverns (courtyard basement). Again, boring.
RE2 (original): The Sherry segments, although they’re not that bad. This game probably has the best pacing out of all of them.
RE3: The dead factory, I suppose. The final Nemesis fight has always underwhelmed me.
CVX: The Steve “fight.” I hope that when the game gets remade, Capcom makes it more like the version in Darkside Chronicles.
File #1: Not a popular opinion, but I was never a huge fan of the Outbreak scenario once you leave the bar. I also disliked the parts of the hospital where the leech man kept reappearing.
File #2: Some parts of Underbelly and the final scenario (sewers) were kind of bland.
RE4: The water room, the Salazar statue, the bulldozer part of the island, the jet ski escape... but the absolute worst? The Krauser QTE, because you couldn’t skip it.
Revelations: Any of the non-Jill non-ship segments, but the Terragrigia ones in particular. Quint and Keith were obnoxious, but not as much as fighting off hunters with 15 handgun rounds.
RE5: The entire Ndesu chapter, obviously.
Revelations 2: There were a lot, mostly in Barry’s campaign. Neither campaign was terribly fun on repeat plays.
RE6: As stated in my previous post, all of the non-VTOL vehicle sections. Also like 90% of everything else.
RE7: The beginning (before the main house) is a slog, as is the end once you reach the guest house again. Lucas’s playpen also gets old.
RE2 (remake): Easily the Ada and Sherry parts, in particular the latter. Her parts were fine in the original game, but after you’ve played the hide n’ seek once, it’s just boring.

User Info: WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77
1 month ago#24
Oh, I always hate hunter segments. RE1/REmake, but also Code Veronica. Seems like Code Veronica is what happens when you put all of the most frustrating gameplay elements into a single game. Ugh. Don't get me wrong. Still an entertaining game. But why all the rage inducing stuff?
Creator of the official Digimon: Digital Monsters community board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1430-digimon-digital-monsters

User Info: Chrebet808

Chrebet808
1 month ago#25
The ruins in re5.
I was programmed to kill your ass!

User Info: Draug

Draug
1 month ago#26
Resident Evil 6, except the first 45 minutes of Leon's campaign!
"It's Forest!? Oh...my...COD!!"

User Info: Spiritlittle

Spiritlittle
1 month ago#27
All of RE6 for obvious reasons.

Never found any other game a chore to play; I enjoyed every section.
Official Raven of the Injustice 2 boards
Official Jill Valentine of the Marvel vs Capcom Infinite boards
All of RE4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWMMBWTxkyE

User Info: Crimson_Storm

Crimson_Storm
1 month ago#29
Draug posted...
Resident Evil 6, except the first 45 minutes of Leon's campaign!
That was bad too imo. Forced walking and it trying to force horror vibes into what’s clearly an action game.
I'll never long for what might have been

User Info: BIack_Dynamite

BIack_Dynamite
1 month ago#30
Everything in the castle in RE4, it’s awful. It looks boring, the zealots are not interesting, there’s no atmosphere, it just kills the pacing and drags on for hours. Worst part of any RE game, by far.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. What is your most hated gameplay segment of any RE game?
  • Post New Message