• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. What is your most hated gameplay segment of any RE game?

User Info: TheRocha

TheRocha
1 week ago#131
ManuMIAS posted...
yeah by the sheep, people that suck what IGN a "gaming critics website" tells them to think.

When I talk to people and they tell me how RE6 is worse than old games they fail to make good points, "its because its not horror hurrr duuuurrr".

Go play RE7 demo then. overrated bs.
IGN is not a critical measure for anything.
The reasons why RE6 is a bad game are numerous and go from subjective to objective. You are still free to enjoy it and defend it but thei reality is what is it is.
Objectively the game is repetitive, enemy hit detection is almost non existent, there are too many obligatory walking segments, driving sections are boring and too many.
The best thing about RE6 is the mercenaries mode and it is too little too late.
TheRocha posted...
Objectively the game is repetitive

As are 99.99...% of games.

enemy hit detection is almost non existent

This is just absolute bulls***. I’ve played RE6 enough to know it has no problems in this area. Stop blaming the game because you can’t aim.

there are too many obligatory walking segments, driving sections are boring and too many.

Ah, a legitimate criticism.

The best thing about RE6 is the mercenaries mode and it is too little too late.

You say it has poor hit detection but still compliment its Mercs mode? A minigame designed around nothing but hitting enemies?

User Info: TheRocha

TheRocha
1 week ago#133
BIack_Dynamite posted...
As are 99.99...% of games.

This is just absolute bulls***. I’ve played RE6 enough to know it has no problems in this area. Stop blaming the game because you can’t aim.

Ah, a legitimate criticism.

You say it has poor hit detection but still compliment its Mercs mode? A minigame designed around nothing but hitting enemies?
First of all, do I know you? Have we ever played together? The answer to both questions is no, so let's stop with assumptions. I can hit enemies just fine and even if I didn't, I could just shoot from the hip and problem solved.
I feel that enemies in this game absorb hits and there is no satisfactory friction between the moment you press a button, there's an audio queue, the bullet hits and an enemy reacts to it.
Other resident evil games handle this better. In mercenaries I feel that the arcade nature of the mode does a service to this negative aspect.
Satisfactory game loops are not the same as being repetitive. This game has 3 main campaigns plus a secret one and all of them consist of exposition through unskippable walk and talk, Random gameplay sections that are out of left field - e. g fighting explosive robots that look like vacuum cleaners -, poorly implemented and obligatory vehicle sections, an unstable camera...
I mean I could go on and on, but the point is, this game was bad and bloated l. You can and should love the game if you so inclined but back off being aggressive about it. There is no one more over it than Capcom, whose next games distanced themselves so much from the style and pace of 6 that is almost impossible to read that move in any other way than: "we exhausted the approach started with re4 and now we are going back to the drawing board".

User Info: shagohad3

shagohad3
1 week ago#134
the Haos chase at the end of Chris and Piers campaign. f*** that section.
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!

User Info: CoiledViper

CoiledViper
1 week ago#135
Leon's campaign in RE6, where Simmons keeps reoccurring in different forms...

I remember after the third or fourth time, thinking that this is the corniest, cheesiest, most drawn out boss encounter.

The T-Rex was the lamest ass boss Capcom has ever put out. And the dumb fact that this massive creature goes back and forth, from man to dinosaur, in a manner so cartoonish, and unbelievable in a resident evil game...

Resident evil already is fantasy. They took that **** to Looney Tunes heights.

2nd form: "Really? Back again? "

3rd form: "Damn, he's still alive?"

4th form: "C'mon man..."

5th form: "Lame."

6th form: "**** this game."
What doesn't kill you, will probably leave a nasty scar

User Info: Allen3388

Allen3388
1 week ago#136
CoiledViper posted...
Leon's campaign in RE6, where Simmons keeps reoccurring in different forms...

I remember after the third or fourth time, thinking that this is the corniest, cheesiest, most drawn out boss encounter.

The T-Rex was the lamest ass boss Capcom has ever put out. And the dumb fact that this massive creature goes back and forth, from man to dinosaur, in a manner so cartoonish, and unbelievable in a resident evil game...

Resident evil already is fantasy. They took that **** to Looney Tunes heights.

2nd form: "Really? Back again? "

3rd form: "Damn, he's still alive?"

4th form: "C'mon man..."

5th form: "Lame."

6th form: "**** this game."
Gotta agree, after 3 times i was face palming. When he went from trex to a fly, just seemed beyond dumb

User Info: cloud4124

cloud4124
1 week ago#137
You_Need_A_Life posted...
Any QTE segments in any of the games.

They suck in general, but they’re REALLY out of place in a survival/horror game.
well those QTEs segments are in RE 4,5 and 6 and those arent consider survival horror but more like action games, or shooter.....but i kinda see your point , games should stop using them
PSN ID: Ultimateevilz

User Info: KYO2017

KYO2017
1 week ago#138
Good topic by creator (there are also great topics like this on RE2 ps4)

1] haters of re6 everywhere. I am active on renet ps3 rer2 . I played online since 2013. I only joined gamefaqs about 2 yrs ago

Some players I recognise here are ManuMIAS and recently "You_Need_A_Life"

I also support rer2 , rer , re6 on game faqs after just reading rer gamefaqs over the years . Good qualtiy work . PC and Steam have continued to give great support to RE games

I have just finished the RE6 campaign again (no hope icon), which marks the end of my gaming . I will rather fight any enemy on RE6 than fight any enemy of all other RE;s , because of advanced mechanics. In addition , I can enjoy driving and flying

RE6 Chris chapter 5.2 should be played very late as newbies will rage quit
I don't like being flattened by a giant , chainsawed or being knocked off a train ,,,, survival instincts and horror

2] There were a lot of good participants here
also known as Tamshe

User Info: jroger87

jroger87
6 days ago#139
I hate the first half of Code Veronica. You will became struck with uncarriable items very soon

User Info: gergdangbabim

gergdangbabim
6 days ago#140
jroger87 posted...
I hate the first half of Code Veronica. You will became struck with uncarriable items very soon

Use the item box!
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. What is your most hated gameplay segment of any RE game?
  • Post New Message