• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Why does Jill look so masculine now? She looks like a man
valikkster posted...
Think about it man, why do you think there is so much of a kerfuffle about this new manjill? Or previously with claire?

because the internet makes it easy for a few sad manbabies make a whole lot of noise?

Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

User Info: valikkster

valikkster
4 weeks ago#152
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
because the internet makes it easy for a few sad manbabies make a whole lot of noise?

This narrative is why woke media of any kind is so outrageously costly and is an overall failure. This is the point.

User Info: gergdangbabim

gergdangbabim
4 weeks ago#153
valikkster posted...
This narrative is why woke media of any kind is so outrageously costly and is an overall failure. This is the point.

Is it an overall failure? It’s having the desired effect. Is it costly? The games that people now complain about (this, Horizon Zero Dawn, Tomb Raider reboots) have done exceptionally well.

i think what you mean by saying that it’s a failure is that you hate it.

That’s really hard to care about.

User Info: valikkster

valikkster
4 weeks ago#154
gergdangbabim posted...
Is it an overall failure? It’s having the desired effect. Is it costly? The games that people now complain about (this, Horizon Zero Dawn, Tomb Raider reboots) have done exceptionally well.

i think what you mean by saying that it’s a failure is that you hate it.

That’s really hard to care about.

LMAO.

Yes, because the tomb raider reboots were woke, and the "desired effect" on gaming is overall monetary loss through measurable opportunity cost and projected sales. Yes. This is the new frontier desired by the people.

I mean do I even have to try? I've noticed in the last like..2 years on gfaqs, that the number of ppl who seemingly accidentally work against their own position is increasing. Has anyone else seen this?
(edited 4 weeks ago)

gergdangbabim
4 weeks ago#155
valikkster posted...
You very clearly don't understand marketing lol. The demographics are very much the same, if not more penis centric. Every dude who rage bonered women characters back in the day are going to rage boner them now. Additionally, the market is larger, so that number of men will be HIGHER than before. ADDITIONALLY, women now have more of a presence in the market than they previously did, but far less than the Male audience.

So tell me, how smart is it to cater to the SMALLER audience? Jesus. Think about any media, literally any, that has gone woke in the last half decade. Just try to imagine the absolutely colossal opportunity cost that they retrospectively ate because of those choices? Comics canceled, movies flopping, games flopping, character assassinations, music degradation, ANY actor in Hollywood, etc etc.

Moving away from the sexualization of women in games and going woke with themes, motif, direction and production is a provably detrimental financial sink. Think about it man, why do you think there is so much of a kerfuffle about this new manjill? Or previously with claire? The prime audience is either apathetic or AVERSE to the changes. You don't want either of those as a developer. You want hype for the changes. Anticipation and awe. It is a very small minority of women who care what women look like in games, and a very vocal minority of beta men who agree.

The truth is this: nujill doesn't look that bad. She's cute. Sort of manish in the face, and not having the OG outfit is annoying. Regardless, they should NOT have changed her character model this much from the original. It doesn't look like jill, it won't feel like jill, and that's what the community is latching onto. It was just unnecessary. Completely.

The prime audience is not the people that whine on social media.

From what I can tell, most people actually liked new Claire (I certainly did), for example, and there is a ton of people I’ve seen across that seem to outnumber her detractors. The detractors in this case (and your’s) are just very, very vocal. Mainly so that everyone will think their opinion is across the board.

For every ‘Claire is ugly’ link one of ya’s posted on these boards as ‘support’ that everyone hates the design, there would always be three or four comments saying she looks great to every one vitriolic ‘they’ve ruined my childhood gurly!’ from one of you. I imagine this will be the case with Jill as well.

The demographics of gamers have changed, but what’s changed even more is that games in the 80-2000’s were designed because it was thought their only audience was teenage boys. That clearly isn’t the case now. Those of us that were teenage boys but now man babies (I’ll include myself in this for fairness) have now aged up, and a lot of them don’t really care if Jill’s bouncing around in a tubetop. Because WHO f***ING CARES?!

REmake2 sold exceptionally well despite the same fifteen people claiming Claire’s new face was the second coming of Hitler. Horizon Zero Dawn sold exceptionally well despite outcries that it’s heroine was difficult to imagine performing fellatio. Etc etc etc. These things are not adversely affecting games from a developers’ perspective, because the games are still selling great. So the detrimental effect you’re talking about on sales just isn’t happening.

So as long as this game sells (and it will), Capcom doesn’t give a f*** how you feel about how Jill looks.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

gergdangbabim
4 weeks ago#156
valikkster posted...
LMAO.

Yes, because the tomb raider reboots were woke, and the "desired effect" on gaming is overall monetary loss through measurable opportunity cost and projected sales. Yes. This is the new frontier desired by the people.

I mean do I even have to try? I've noticed in the last like..2 years on gfaqs, that the number of ppl who seemingly accidentally work against their own position is increasing. Has anyone else seen this?

Are you talking based on sales, or? Yeah, you do have to try, because you’re not making nearly as much sense as you think you are.

If the Tomb Raiser games lost money, if anything the scope of the Tomb Raider games is what got them. That and the storylines in them sucked. I doubt it had much to do with tapability. A lot has to do with games flopping. Much more than just t*** and ass. And most games that flop, well, deserve to. Bad game design, bad story, etc. There’s exceptions obviously (SIREN) but for the most part it usually is a quality issue.

Since your point takes it as self-evident that this so-called-sexualization is hurting sales you are going to have to try, because you’ve provided no evidence that supports it outside of it being your opinion and you really like that about it.

You’re the kind of guy who’s going to talk like he’s winning an argument as the argument goes on regardless of what’s going on around you, so I should expect this s*** from you, I guess.

Other than that, I doubt you will be able to establish a legitimate link between your less sexualized ladies and overall sales, especially in the games mentioned.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Tamondaichi

Tamondaichi
4 weeks ago#157
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/9/1/0/AAP3shAAAC6G.png
Blocked.

User Info: ManuMIAS

ManuMIAS
4 weeks ago#158
Tamondaichi posted...
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/9/1/0/AAP3shAAAC6G.png

ugh... lol what I can't unsee now.
Calling ppl toxic is just an ad hominem fallacy argument. They resort to a dismissive personal insult at detractors and critics about their personal character.

User Info: Pathos_

Pathos_
4 weeks ago#159
11/10 would bang her/him(?) lol

User Info: ManuMIAS

ManuMIAS
4 weeks ago#160
Pathos_ posted...
11/10 would bang her/him(?) lol

https://imgur.com/zodcURa

let me think...
Calling ppl toxic is just an ad hominem fallacy argument. They resort to a dismissive personal insult at detractors and critics about their personal character.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Why does Jill look so masculine now? She looks like a man
  • Post New Message