• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Hero3ziz

Hero3ziz
4 weeks ago#51
Malevolent_Moon posted...
That kind of mindset only leads to disappointment. It's best to keep low expectations, that way if something doesn't suck you can be pleasantly surprised. Or if it does suck, you had low expectations and weren't disappointed.

RE2 (1998) is my favorite game of all time. REmake 2 was a nice gesture but it couldn't come close to the original for me. So going into R3make my expectations are MUCH lower.

Oh I’m not saying to keep your expectations high at all. I’m just saying that you shouldn’t think that the old stuff are irreplaceable masterpieces, and you should think that everything new has the potential to be better. You said Capcom shouldn’t even try to do that, which is not a healthy mentality.

It’s funny because RE2 is one of my favorite games of all time, and when REmake 2 was announced, I kept my expectations VERY low and expected it to be the same quality and content as Revelations 1 or something because I hated Capcom at the time (I boycotted them after RE6 and I still didn’t buy Rev 2). But the remake blew my freakin mind away and now I think it’s a lot better than the OG is many many many ways.

I’m hopeful that REmake 3 will do the same and I think future games have the potential to actually top REmake 2, but I still don’t have big expectations.
I swear I'm not insane. Yeah, most likely not insane.

User Info: ienzo105

ienzo105
4 weeks ago#52
Stop with the f***ing remakes at this point. This is annoying.
https://i.imgur.com/HbfKsMm.gifv

User Info: Malevolent_Moon

Malevolent_Moon
4 weeks ago#53
Hero3ziz posted...

Oh I’m not saying to keep your expectations high at all. I’m just saying that you shouldn’t think that the old stuff are irreplaceable masterpieces, and you should think that everything new has the potential to be better. You said Capcom shouldn’t even try to do that, which is not a healthy mentality.

Oh that.

I truly believe REmake is the pinnacle of RE1. Adding VR or making RE1 with OTS doesn't interest me at all. Modern gaming as a whole is boring and I think nothing they do at this point would top REmake. It's just that good.
God's lonely man

User Info: ienzo105

ienzo105
4 weeks ago#54
Malevolent_Moon posted...
Oh that.

I truly believe REmake is the pinnacle of RE1. Adding VR or making RE1 with OTS doesn't interest me at all. Modern gaming as a whole is boring and I think nothing they do at this point would top REmake. It's just that good.
Yup. Anyone who thinks RE2make was better than REmake is f***ing fooling themselves and are completely delusional.
https://i.imgur.com/HbfKsMm.gifv

User Info: Mehran456

Mehran456
4 weeks ago#55
ienzo105 posted...
Yup. Anyone who thinks RE2make was better than REmake is f***ing fooling themselves and are completely delusional.
Don't think it's better

I think it's just as good easily
This is my signature
Do you like it?

User Info: Hero3ziz

Hero3ziz
4 weeks ago#56
ienzo105 posted...

Because they disagree with? that they have a different taste? That makes them delusional?

smfh ienzo
I swear I'm not insane. Yeah, most likely not insane.

User Info: Mehran456

Mehran456
4 weeks ago#57
Hero3ziz posted...
Because they disagree with? that they have a different taste? That makes them delusional?

smfh ienzo
Your talking to the same guy who confirmed that his opinions are fact

I mean c'mon Hero you should know by now that you'll get more logic talking to a brick wall than ienzo
This is my signature
Do you like it?

User Info: KingVi3

KingVi3
4 weeks ago#58
Capcom already mentioned of thinking doing remake. But they might been joking, I don't know.

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
4 weeks ago#59
KingVi3 posted...
Capcom already mentioned of thinking doing remake. But they might been joking, I don't know.

People thought Konami/Kojima were joking when they said Kiefer Sutherland would replace David Hayter as Big Boss in MGS5. They weren't.

I don't think game development companies make too many jokes about what projects they might do and what they might do with said projects.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

User Info: kronos96

kronos96
4 weeks ago#60
Outbreak.
  • Topic Archived