• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
1 month ago#41
Rizeroth posted...
That's like saying that you don't want to experience pizza with cheese and bread. It's part of the identity of the game. It's what makes the game what it is.

Resident Evil is a franchise of games. All these different styles are like different pizzas. "Oh oh but bbq base isn't traditional pizza! Pizza is tomato base traditionally, that's basic!!"
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
1 month ago#42
Darkside_Hazuki posted...
OTS is a dated game mechanic, and every other developer is doing it.

See there's the thing.

OTS has plenty of room for improvement to keep it fresh. Fixed cameras don't.

It's the same reason turn based RPG's are slowly going away, they haven't really changed at all since the NES days, but non-turn based style RPG's have plenty of room for improvement.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

User Info: Hero3ziz

Hero3ziz
1 month ago#43
Malevolent_Moon posted...
For the love of God no.

Leave REmake alone. It can't be topped, don't even try.

Let's remake the Mona Lisa while we're at it. Or the Statue of Liberty?

It’s best to live with the “best is yet to come” mentality. Trust me, life will be a lot better.

To me remake 2 is freanki incredible, and I’m hopeful (and except) that future games might top it.
I swear I'm not insane. Yeah, most likely not insane.

User Info: Hero3ziz

Hero3ziz
1 month ago#44
As for remakes, Capcom’s plan that they talked about a year or so ago involved “reviving old games” or something like that, and they listed REmake 2 as an example, whereas DMC5 was listed under “new installments in old series”.

So I’m sure Capcom plans to keep doing remakes in the future, but I think RE3 is the last one for the RE series. I expect maybe a Dino Crisis remake next.
I swear I'm not insane. Yeah, most likely not insane.

User Info: KialGreenwood

KialGreenwood
1 month ago#45
I think a new Dino Crisis will be good. In terms of re-doing the first game, personally I think the remake is amazing, but when I played Lost In Nightmares mode on RE5 it gave me an indication of what an OTS version would look like. I also want to see what direction Capcom chooses to go in for RE8, for example if it goes deeper into what happens with Blue Umbrella and the company behind Eveline etc.

User Info: Malevolent_Moon

Malevolent_Moon
1 month ago#46
Hero3ziz posted...

It’s best to live with the “best is yet to come” mentality. Trust me, life will be a lot better.

To me remake 2 is freanki incredible, and I’m hopeful (and except) that future games might top it.

That kind of mindset only leads to disappointment. It's best to keep low expectations, that way if something doesn't suck you can be pleasantly surprised. Or if it does suck, you had low expectations and weren't disappointed.

RE2 (1998) is my favorite game of all time. REmake 2 was a nice gesture but it couldn't come close to the original for me. So going into R3make my expectations are MUCH lower.
God's lonely man

User Info: Roger_Bacon

Roger_Bacon
1 month ago#47
Mehran456 posted...
Nah

If they're gonna do another Remake then hopefully it's either CV or Dino Crisis
Would love both personally.
Epstein didnt kill himself, prove me wrong.
Psn - UltimateRichy14

User Info: PFreece

PFreece
1 month ago#48
Dino Crisis or millennial boomers will riot

User Info: solid_snake666

solid_snake666
1 month ago#49
Code Veronica and Dino Crisis.
HE WHO CONTROLS THE BATTLEFIELD, CONTROLS HISTORY.

User Info: Repodude

Repodude
1 month ago#50
Naaah. The next one will be Resident Evil 7 Remake
  • Topic Archived