• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: edward18

edward18
4 weeks ago#11
It ain't dated.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: Death_Shadow15

Death_Shadow15
4 weeks ago#12
edward18 posted...
It ain't dated.
Equipping and switching weapons is dated though, you have to go all the way back to the menu, hit the button 2 times to equip it and go back to gameplay.

Meanwhile in RE2 2019 i can do that with a single press of a button of the D-Pad.

Not saying RE2 2019 hasn't got any cons but to say a game from 1996 or even 2002 isn't dated at all isn't a thing that can be overlooked unless you are a very fan of a franchise.

User Info: RiKuToTheMiGhtY

RiKuToTheMiGhtY
4 weeks ago#13
REmake and RE 0 are new enough, and they have the classic gameplay with the improved graphics.

I see no reason to make another remake for the 1st game.
doa-plus.com - We Press Forward. . . By Pressing Back.

User Info: TrueGB

TrueGB
4 weeks ago#14
They said that they're interested in bringing modern gameplay mechanics to REmake, but that's about it. I doubt they would change the story.
Future Billionaire

User Info: KialGreenwood

KialGreenwood
4 weeks ago#15
Well, Capcom are notorious for tweaking and making variations of games eg Street Fighter 2. I wouldn’t be surprised if they remake 1 again with OTS. I personally didn’t care much for code Veronica but I think a remake of that could really step up the creepiness with the Ashford twins and really do it justice. Are we living in the age of remakes? What are all your thoughts?

User Info: RedEyeSurprise

RedEyeSurprise
4 weeks ago#16
Yes, I think we should keep remaking the same remake topics.

User Info: Alexmonkey

Alexmonkey
4 weeks ago#17
I think they'll be done with REmakes for the time being, the entire mainline series is purchasable on PS4 (or will be when 3 comes out), and despite the noise it creates on here, not a lot of people know/care enough about CVX to justify them going straight back to that stuff. My guess is either a sidegame set during the same time as the earlier titles (before s*** got too weird), or straight to RE8, with them once again returning to OTS.

User Info: Venage27

Venage27
4 weeks ago#18
CODEumb87 posted...
Because some people might want to experience it without dated game mechanics?
It's available on both Current Gen and Last Gen and knowing Capcom, they will probably port everything on Next Gen too. As for "dated game mechanics" they ain't. Especially in Remake's case which easily holds up to this day.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

User Info: Crimson_Storm

Crimson_Storm
4 weeks ago#19
Venage27 posted...
It's available on both Current Gen and Last Gen and knowing Capcom, they will probably port everything on Next Gen too. As for "dated game mechanics" they ain't. Especially in Remake's case which easily holds up to this day.
It also has modern controls for those who absolutely refuse to get used to tank controls.
I'll never long for what might have been

User Info: Benjatron26354

Benjatron26354
4 weeks ago#20
Resident Evil Survivor Remake.
  • Topic Archived