• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Why is an OPEN WORLD RACOON CITY too much to ask for? Huh? HAH!

User Info: Det_Beauregard

Det_Beauregard
1 month ago#31
Four_Archfiends posted...
I think Resident Evil 3 Remake has the perfect formula. It's making the city semi open with much more to explore but not turning it into a actual open world. This way, the game will be bigger while maintaining the high quality. Combined that with everything we've seen so far and RE3 Remake is going to be by far the best RE game ever made.
This would be awesome if it were true, but I think you’re getting your hopes waaaaaay too high.

User Info: Gunzleader

Gunzleader
1 month ago#32
sucks that days gone is syphon filter world. saving the world as our characters in omega strain didn't help... that sucks
Im Ericsh(SD) from phantasy star online dreamcast. I have gastroparesis. look it up help spread the word of this horrible disease.

User Info: Damaged7

Damaged7
1 month ago#33
luigi33 posted...
Structurally, Racoon city was built to specifically NOT feel open and expansive. It was designed, deliberately mind you, to be a maze, claustrophobic, and labyrinth-like. The city was a front for a massive underground lab.

Racoon being "open world" would fundamentally miss the point of the city itself.

Its not really a maze or labyrinth if you follow one path to get to the end. You can keep the feeling of claustrophobia and being in a maze on a large scale. It would actually be pretty awesome to have at least a few square blocks where most buildings have the same detail as the RPD. Most of the streets were blocked and littered with burning vehicles anyways, alleys and alternate paths would most likely be the optimal way of moving through the enviroment. IE. Claustrophobic, maze-like spaces.
FC: 1221-0777-4703

User Info: Spiritlittle

Spiritlittle
1 month ago#34
Open World sucks. Semi-open world like The Evil Within 2/The Last of Us is fine, but no.

There are some games that are TOO open world, like Breath of the Wild. I never want to play that again.
Official Raven of the Injustice 2 boards
Official Jill Valentine of the Marvel vs Capcom Infinite boards

User Info: Jonor57

Jonor57
1 month ago#35
Not everything needs to be an open-world. Resident Evil as a series works best in smaller contained environments that you can familiarize yourself with during the course of the game.
Yes, it just so happens that I do not share your opinion.

User Info: AG15

AG15
1 month ago#36
Spiritlittle posted...
Open World sucks. Semi-open world like The Evil Within 2/The Last of Us is fine, but no.

There are some games that are TOO open world, like Breath of the Wild. I never want to play that again.

I'm not a fan of open-world games, but IMO Breath of the Wild is the best game ever made.
''We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in''

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
1 month ago#37
AG15 posted...
I'm not a fan of open-world games, but IMO Breath of the Wild is the best game ever made.

If it had any damn content or variety, maybe.

3 enemies and one shrine and one temple and one boss just remixed over and over and over, I honestly never finished it, I got bored. Did all 120 shrines to get the real link outfit, did 2 of the 4 bosses, and took a break, never wanted to go back to it.
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards

User Info: Novamarine39887

Novamarine39887
1 month ago#38
I know this is a troll topic, but I think if you were to do something in the same vein as TEW 2, it could work.

Perhaps a survivor like a police officer, ex Umbrella scientist, trying to escape Raccoon City.

Otherwise, if you place too much emphasis on action, just make a 2nd O.R.C. with a sandbox world.
Gamertag: Archmagos Nova
ZINGO!!!!!!

User Info: Malevolent_Moon

Malevolent_Moon
1 month ago#39
Dying Light already exists
God's lonely man

User Info: optimusmart

optimusmart
1 month ago#40
Part of what makes RE what it is, is the experience of navigating and fighting enemies in a maze like environment, while having to manage items, solve puzzles, backtrack etc.

Its sort of got.metroidvania elements as well in the sense that you find somewhere locked off and must come back later with items you find.

I say keep it how it is, boo yea

If you would like to edit this user's signature, then do so by clicking here
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Why is an OPEN WORLD RACOON CITY too much to ask for? Huh? HAH!
  • Topic Archived