• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Why is an OPEN WORLD RACOON CITY too much to ask for? Huh? HAH!

User Info: GiGAHEARTMAN

GiGAHEARTMAN
1 month ago#1
Linear games are just so lame, so last-gen, just why cant the Capcom guys just freakin do it?

If Days Gone can prove that you can do an open world zombie game, why cant a bigger company like Capcom cant pull something like that off? Whats the point of their revenue from selling costumes (LOL) & colors (DOUBLE LOL) in Street Fighter 5 to gullible guys?

I just want a fully explorable Raccoon City, with back alleyways, tons of streets & diners, use cars & bikes like Alice in RE movies, etc. in this RE3 remake.

Thoughts on this Resifans.

*~*

User Info: AG15

AG15
1 month ago#2
Uhhh...no.

"Like Alice in the movies."

f*** outta here.
''We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in''

User Info: hunkisgod

hunkisgod
1 month ago#3
After MGSV

Not everything needs to be openworld lol. That was one of my main issues with this gen especially ubisoft with everything low key turning openworld

User Info: Okikurmi

Okikurmi
1 month ago#4
Not everything needs to be open world. Its nice when games actually have some focus.
I...am...Alexander. Tremble...before me... Worship...my greatness... I shall ascend to the heavens...

User Info: DerektheWilder

DerektheWilder
1 month ago#5
RE would not work in a sandbox environment.
PSN: DerekWilder

User Info: Hayoam

Hayoam
1 month ago#6
AG15 posted...
Uhhh...no.

"Like Alice in the movies."

f*** outta here.
^
"The only me is me. Are you sure the only you is you ?"

User Info: TrueGB

TrueGB
1 month ago#7
Although I think they can pull it off, and I have a concept that would work, it wouldn't really feel like an RE game. Not only that, but Capcom already has three open world-ish games in their catalogue (Dogma, Dead Rising, I suppose Monster Hunter, but I didn't play it enough to be certain; maybe more I don't know about), so they don't need RE to do the open world thing. They're pretty much set.

DerektheWilder posted... RE would not work in a sandbox environment.

I think it would work just fine with the right concept. Let's take RE3, with Jill trying to escape the city, but this time you are merely told to escape the city any way you can. No one option is forced on you, and any path through the game is viable so long as you gather the right items to open the right locks. You still have to deal with the same creatures, like Nemesis, and you still have to conserve ammo for the trek across the city. Oh, and you've only got so much time to do it. Call it Resident Evil Survivor (and forget that other "Survivor" game). It's essentially the same game except you can choose any route through the city.

It would be too difficult to produce because you'd have to plan adequate scare points all throughout the city, but other than that, the actual gameplay concept is sound.

GiGAHEARTMAN posted...
Linear games are just so lame, so last-gen

You haven't played Fallen Order, have you?
Future Billionaire

User Info: DarSi

DarSi
1 month ago#8
GiGAHEARTMAN posted...
Linear games are just so lame, so last-gen, just why cant the Capcom guys just freakin do it?

If Days Gone can prove that you can do an open world zombie game, why cant a bigger company like Capcom cant pull something like that off? Whats the point of their revenue from selling costumes (LOL) & colors (DOUBLE LOL) in Street Fighter 5 to gullible guys?

I just want a fully explorable Raccoon City, with back alleyways, tons of streets & diners, use cars & bikes like Alice in RE movies, etc. in this RE3 remake.

Thoughts on this Resifans.

*~*

I'm sorry, what? Days Gone was awful. It's didn't prove anything.
PSN: Dark_Silmeria /Xbox Live: Dark Silmeria /FC: 2621-2868-9500
Tifa is love, Tifa is life: http://tinyurl.com/z5mas5d

User Info: nfobia

nfobia
1 month ago#9
Linear games are not last-gen. Boring, barren, copycat open world games are. If anything, RE2 Remake proved that there is still market, big market, for linear single player games.
Fight Jesus Kristus! For everlasting peace!

User Info: GiGAHEARTMAN

GiGAHEARTMAN
1 month ago#10
TrueGB posted...
You haven't played Fallen Order, have you?

Of course not, dude.

its EA & its not KOTOR 3, so EA can suck a f***, they aint takin my PS4 money.

Also it has Bully guy as its main dude so, eh.

Also Monster Hunter World is NOT an open earth game, its a game by idiotz for idiotz because of its clunky combat & TIME LIMITS.

Thank you bro.

*~*
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Why is an OPEN WORLD RACOON CITY too much to ask for? Huh? HAH!
  • Topic Archived