• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. I think I know why Leon and Claire had fewer scenes together in the remake

User Info: AG15

AG15
1 week ago#11
Sierra_Alpha posted...
Check the wikia under RPD and read the history.

Ok cool. I don't know why you brought it up in the first place though.
''We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in''
Better yet:
"I think I know why Leon and Claire had fewer scenes together in the remake: because it took after RE0, the crappiest classic-style game in the franchise."

A similar take to:
"I think I know why RE5 and RE6 weren't very good: because it took after RE0, the crappiest classic-style game in the franchise."

Leon and Claire's reduced interactions in the remake were a well documented negative, and saying "because RE0" just makes it worse.
"This is what makes a legend!" - Terry, KoF '99
RE Outbreak/PSN: Stick_Breitling; Metal Gear Online: Gabe LOGAN
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Fire_Emblem_

Fire_Emblem_
1 week ago#13
Lol they hardly met up in the original.
Ike is the best Fire Emblem character!
Formerly known as master_m11

User Info: superyoodle

superyoodle
1 week ago#14
Fire_Emblem_ posted...
Lol they hardly met up in the original.

This is true, but still more communication than in the remake. It just feels like they were a lot more connected.

Again, something else they could've improved upon, but..

Final fantasy: murdered. Resident evil: mutilated.
Where/when will it end?

User Info: caboose84

caboose84
1 week ago#15
AG15 posted...
Ok cool. I don't know why you brought it up in the first place though.
It’s his signature, bud.
PSN/GT/Steam: PounceBounce84
The official unofficial Flash of the Injustice 2 boards.

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
1 week ago#16
It was a better decision to not have them meet up, you're alone for the vast majority of the game and that's a design choice. Things aren't as atmospheric if you regularly run into people in a dark abandoned police station.

User Info: valikkster

valikkster
1 week ago#17
On topic, it would've been very easy for them to include more radio chat between leon and claire throughout the story. They just... didn't. It felt INCREDIBLY awkward seeing how buddy buddy they were at the end of either B story.

Off topic, why is Re0 bad? I thought it was good. There's only one sequence where I got a negative vibe; After you kill the centurion centipede thing, the most optimal route to take from that spot leads you through a room with 4 zombies, then a room with 3 zombies, then a room with 4 zombies, then finally another room with 4 zombies. I remember thinking "what the f*** why are there SO many enemies in this game".

User Info: Mehran456

Mehran456
1 week ago#18
valikkster posted...
On topic, it would've been very easy for them to include more radio chat between leon and claire throughout the story. They just... didn't. It felt INCREDIBLY awkward seeing how buddy buddy they were at the end of either B story.

Off topic, why is Re0 bad? I thought it was good. There's only one sequence where I got a negative vibe; After you kill the centurion centipede thing, the most optimal route to take from that spot leads you through a room with 4 zombies, then a room with 3 zombies, then a room with 4 zombies, then finally another room with 4 zombies. I remember thinking "what the f*** why are there SO many enemies in this game".
Wouldn't call RE0 bad but it is easily the weakest of the classics imo
This is my signature
Do you like it?

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
1 week ago#19
valikkster posted...

I thought RE0 was just dull, it didn't have the same spark or energy that the other classic games had and I didn't care for the buddy system either.
valikkster posted...
Off topic, why is Re0 bad?
--the full-time Partner system taking the urgency out of many situations.
--Item management, and having to deal with crap like the hookshot.
--Extremely weak creature & boss designs. The worst of all mainline RE games.
--The best part of the game is the shortest part of the game (the train). Things get pretty dull after that.
--Too much RE2 fanservice. (Birkin's involvement, Enrico wandering around the RE2 lab, other locations)
--Forgettable villain/BOW. Some guy in a nightgown singing on a cliff to command leeches is too hokey even for an RE game. I'll take the bat-crazy Ashford family over this any day.

Lastly, all of this leading up to Rebecca hiding in the RE1 save room with a can of mace. RE0 should've been way more about Bravo team in general despite tragedy being around the corner, or just about Billy or someone else brand new. Rebecca was a dumb fanservice choice.

The game looked great visually and had decent music, that's it. The plot & setting had potential but didn't meet it.
"This is what makes a legend!" - Terry, KoF '99
RE Outbreak/PSN: Stick_Breitling; Metal Gear Online: Gabe LOGAN
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. I think I know why Leon and Claire had fewer scenes together in the remake
  • Post New Message