• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Final Fantasy 7 Remake delayed to a week after this game's release.
You can beat RE3 a couple times before FF7 comes out. It shouldn't be a big deal.
Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
1 week ago#22
Terenigma posted...
Not everyone pays attention to actual news about games so there is going to be a good chunk of customers complaining and i think it might do worse than expected.

This is a common topic on the FF7R boards. My opinion is pretty much the same as it always has been, it says on all the digital storefronts that this is just Midgar and the first part of a new series. I guarantee it also says it on the back of the box, anyone who doesn't read the description of the game or the back of the box really only has themselves to blame.

Whether it's short or not, no one really knows, the dialogue leaks make it sound decently long though.

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
1 week ago#23
hunkisgod posted...
KH3 didnt f*** up RE2MAKE sales so re3 should be fine

Different target audiences for the most part with some shared audiences but not enough to erode sales for either property.

RE3 and VII are both remakes with a lot of nostalgic value to gamers, I think Capcom will probably blink and move RE3's release date. It's going to struggle to compete with VII.

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
1 week ago#24
Deanyzy posted...
Different target audiences for the most part with some shared audiences but not enough to erode sales for either property.

RE3 and VII are both remakes with a lot of nostalgic value to gamers, I think Capcom will probably blink and move RE3's release date. It's going to struggle to compete with VII.

uh no just no

hell R3make is multiplat unliek FF7 remake
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

User Info: ChaozCloud

ChaozCloud
1 week ago#25
Setsunahenry posted...
Instead of talking about sale, I would like to ask for those who plan to buy both RE3 and FFVIIR, how do you feel about FFVIIR delay.

I rather they delay it to make sure it comes out good.
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
All praise the poor Shrine Maiden, the Ordinary Magician and the holy being ZUN. Convert to Touhouism today.
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
You can beat RE3 a couple times before FF7 comes out. It shouldn't be a big deal.

I played REmake 2 for +70 hours, if REmake 3 is THAT good, no, I’m not going to end playing RE3 when FFVII comes out.

I planned to play FFVII at its launch, because in March I have a lot of free time, but now I will wait for a sale (or get it at second hand ), i can’t play it until July anyway...

User Info: Venage27

Venage27
1 week ago#27
Metal Gear Raxis posted...
It's now releasing on April 10th, while Resi 3's being released on April 3rd. I hope this doesn't f*** up 3's sales...
With the Last of Us 2 coming out the same year I think RE3 sales will take a huge blow. I mean RE vs LoU? Lol, it's like a Chihuahua barking on a Bulldog. Ehh, I get both of them anyway.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

User Info: windice93

windice93
1 week ago#28
wecantaim posted...
Two completely unrelated games targeting two completely unrelated audiences.

That's like saying you hope that Madden doesn't f*** up FF7's sales.

nah not really. Both are big games that are bound to attract people from both sides. I imagine people will finish resi 3 and go to ff 7 right after. Sorry resistance. I’m going to focus on nioh in March now.

User Info: Aqua_Light_13

Aqua_Light_13
1 week ago#29
Plant42 posted...
I’d rather wait until they release the full FF7. You’ll just be rebuying the PS5 version anyway.
This is what I'm gonna do as well. FF7R is looking rather unappealing and thin on plot to me anyway.

User Info: Doom_Infinite

Doom_Infinite
1 week ago#30
I doubt it will have much an effect, although both are among the biggest releases of the year.
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Final Fantasy 7 Remake delayed to a week after this game's release.
  • Post New Message