• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. One thing they got right for sure
I agree, I think whoever is voicing Jill is excellent so far. This is already one of the best performances I've heard for Jill. And I really liked the new Claire actress too!

I still like Alyson Court too, both out of nostalgia and that she had a way more emotional and dynamic voice than a lot of the other cast members at the time.

And also she was Lunette the Clown, I watched the Big Comfy Couch so much when I was a kid and realizing it was her years later blew me away! It's too bad they chose to go non-union, but it's ok to like other takes on the characters too!

Oh hai there! @_@
FNFred posted...
I never understood the hate for Claire's voice (and looks) and attitude in R2make.
* She was a brat. A young female student.
* Most people use foul language from time to time, especially in life threatening situations.
Exactly. Moreover, I found it reassuring in-game Claire used the exact same language I used playing the game.
Wealthyindiana posted...
I agree, I think whoever is voicing Jill is excellent so far. This is already one of the best performances I've heard for Jill. And I really liked the new Claire actress too!

I still like Alyson Court too, both out of nostalgia and that she had a way more emotional and dynamic voice than a lot of the other cast members at the time.

And also she was Lunette the Clown, I watched the Big Comfy Couch so much when I was a kid and realizing it was her years later blew me away! It's too bad they chose to go non-union, but it's ok to like other takes on the characters too!
It's amazing Alyson's grown on me so much that even though Claire's lines in Revelations 2 were far less evocative than Barry's, she would have carried that poor script for me. Sadly, James Baker didn't.

Alyson would have helped the RE2 remake immensely.
(edited 6 days ago)
Darkside_Hazuki posted...
You mean how she spoke to Steve?
Check the receipts. Steve was the MEGA brat of CV and she responded to him like he was one. That's like walking in on an argument and saying both participants always cause fights but you don't realize only one of them instigates 100% of the time. You can say Claire fights fire with fire, but a brat? We clearly didnt play the same game.
Quite an interesting observation about Claire appearing different in CV due to social mirroring.
(edited 6 days ago)
Hero3ziz posted...
No way Capcom can afford Bailey. They went non-union to save money on VA.

Capcom could -always- afford Bailey. Capcom chose not to spend good money on VAs. But they could afford it. I think that distinction is important.

But I feel strongly that RE2 outperformed their expectations wildly (I think if they knew how it would've sold, they would've completed the A/B scenarios), so I think the budget for 3make is significantly higher.

However, that being said, I think you're probably right that they'll continue to go non-union (not that Bailey hasn't worked non-union on occasion >_> )

Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

User Info: Venage27

Venage27
6 days ago#26
FNFred posted...
I never understood the hate for Claire's voice (and looks) and attitude in R2make.
* She was a brat. A young female student.
* Most people use foul language from time to time, especially in life threatening situations.
1. This is the only game she behaved as a brat, in various other interpretations, including ones who describe her around that timeframe, she acted completely different.
2. This isn't real life, it's a video game character of an already established personality.
As for her voice actor in the remake, it was just bad in comparison to the original voice. Same with the appearance, she looked better in the Wii U rail shooter lol.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Venage27
6 days ago#27
Cobra1010 posted...
is Jill's voice. Sounds fitting. Unlike the voice they gave Claire. She sounded like a s***ty brat. The way she spoke and her foul language also didnt help.
I agree with Claire but I think Jill's voice doesn't sound good either. Like another person said, Capcom decided to hire s***ty nobodies to save money. I believe there was a video about Claire's original VA who wanted to reprise her role but Capcom didn't let her because of union or whatever. Damn shame. Personality I would love Michelle Ruff, Jill from Revelations. She is a decent VA and I like her as Katherine in Catherine. She also did female Orochimaru in Naruto.
(edited 6 days ago)

Venage27
6 days ago#28
SasTheVirtuous posted...
It's amazing Alyson's grown on me so much that even though Claire's lines in Revelations 2 were far less evocative than Barry's, she would have carried that poor script for me. Sadly, James Baker didn't.

Alyson would have helped the RE2 remake immensely.
Man I really wish Alyson reprises her role someday. Same with Roger Craigh Smith for Chris, Paul Mercier or Matthew Mercer for Leon, Michelle Ruff or the RE5 va for Jill. Ada too had excellent voices in RE4 and 6. I believe the RE6 one was Courtenay Taylor. I still can't believe that we went from Matthew Mercer, freaking Jotaro to Nick Apostolides or whatever, to call it a downgrade would be the the understatement of the year. I miss when RE had good voice actors :(

User Info: TheMbadi

TheMbadi
6 days ago#29
FNFred posted...

And you know that how?
You know what? Forget it. It's the internet so you will probably come up with stories about how you know a lot of people who have been in life threatening situations and they ALL cursed like sailors. I've never been in a life threatening situation so I could be wrong and maybe a situation like that actually turns you into a dumb action movie protagonist, who knows. What I'm trying to say is that the old "most people do X" excuse is invalid, because you don't know what most people would do. So what you basically mean is that you see people cussing in movies and video games all the time and thus you just assumed that it's a valid representation of how most people would react irl. But even if, there is still a difference between the occasional damn/s***/whatever and "Jesus f***ing Christ!" or "You gotta be s***tin' me". I mean, who talks like that?

TheMbadi posted...
But even if, there is still a difference between the occasional damn/s***/whatever and "Jesus f***ing Christ!" or "You gotta be s***tin' me". I mean, who talks like that?

Adults with jobs? People who drive? People cooking?
Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. One thing they got right for sure
  • Post New Message