• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. One thing they got right for sure

User Info: chief606

chief606
1 week ago#11
Hero3ziz posted...
No way Capcom can afford Bailey. They went non-union to save money on VA.

And yea her VA is great, and I also loved Claire's VA and attitude. She's a 19 yo college motorcycle cool girl after all.
I dont think its bailey, but not because they couldn't afford her. Remember they got troy Baker for 6. I think they are moving away from well known actors in the newer games. It really sucks that we lost roger for chris, but hes in so many things now it's hard to picture chris when I hear Roger's voice.
FC 4485-4052-7934, PSN SARGEh32149606 Xbox live: GhostG2050
HOLD YOUR FIRE! I'm a human!
FNFred posted...
I never understood the hate for Claire's voice (and looks) and attitude in R2make.
* She was a brat. A young female student.
* Most people use foul language from time to time, especially in life threatening situations.

It’s mainly because she’s never really been like that before; her REmake2 persona might as well have been a totally new character.
For any whom this post happens to offend, I can get you a great deal on a spine.

User Info: Fire_Emblem_

Fire_Emblem_
1 week ago#13
Claire's voice actress was great.

I like Jill's VA in this too.
Ike is the best Fire Emblem character!
Formerly known as master_m11
FNFred posted...
She was a brat. A young female student.
Most people use foul language from time to time, especially in life threatening situations.
Pure revisionist & apologist trash. Nobody ever categorized RE2 Claire as a "brat" until REmake2 Claire s*** all over the likability of the character.
"This is what makes a legend!" - Terry, KoF '99
RE Outbreak/PSN: Stick_Breitling; Metal Gear Online: Gabe LOGAN

User Info: Mehran456

Mehran456
1 week ago#15
Darkside_Hazuki posted...
Pure revisionist & apologist trash. Nobody ever categorized RE2 Claire as a "brat" until REmake2 Claire s*** all over the likability of the character.
Except that she was way more bratty in CV compared to RE2
This is my signature
Do you like it?
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: harken_x

harken_x
1 week ago#16
chief606 posted...
I think they are moving away from well known actors in the newer games.

That or companies are primarily going for younger voice actors. I suspect that even the voiceover industry has become subject to ageism and those VAs in their late 30's and into their 40's are no longer as desirable and may be better suited for characters of old age (ex actors Simon Prescott, Jamieson Price, William Knight to name a few). Japan has maintained some level of consistency and continued casting of the same actors in known roles (ie. Cloud Strife in the compilation of FFVII has been voiced by Takahiro Sakurai from Advent Children through FFVII Remake).
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Fire_Emblem_

Fire_Emblem_
1 week ago#17
Mehran456 posted...
This is true.
Ike is the best Fire Emblem character!
Formerly known as master_m11
Mehran456 posted...
You mean how she spoke to Steve?
Check the receipts. Steve was the MEGA brat of CV and she responded to him like he was one. That's like walking in on an argument and saying both participants always cause fights but you don't realize only one of them instigates 100% of the time. You can say Claire fights fire with fire, but a brat? We clearly didnt play the same game.
"This is what makes a legend!" - Terry, KoF '99
RE Outbreak/PSN: Stick_Breitling; Metal Gear Online: Gabe LOGAN

User Info: Crohnos

Crohnos
1 week ago#19
Honestly, they only voice actor haven’t care for in the remakes was Leon’s.

He was terrible. Everyone else was at least halfway decent.
Horror game enthusiast (91 completed)

User Info: chief606

chief606
1 week ago#20
harken_x posted...
That or companies are primarily going for younger voice actors. I suspect that even the voiceover industry has become subject to ageism and those VAs in their late 30's and into their 40's are no longer as desirable and may be better suited for characters of old age (ex actors Simon Prescott, Jamieson Price, William Knight to name a few). Japan has maintained some level of consistency and continued casting of the same actors in known roles (ie. Cloud Strife in the compilation of FFVII has been voiced by Takahiro Sakurai from Advent Children through FFVII Remake).
That's also true.
FC 4485-4052-7934, PSN SARGEh32149606 Xbox live: GhostG2050
HOLD YOUR FIRE! I'm a human!
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. One thing they got right for sure
  • Post New Message