• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Why is Nemesis not running?

User Info: wecantaim

wecantaim
6 days ago#21
XxAxem_BlackxX posted...
Nemesis running was one of the main things that made him scary but I'll understand if they slow him down for the remake. You have to remember that in the original you could make him disappear by getting a few rooms away from him but that's not the case now. He can follow you everywhere and if you were being chased throughout the game by an enemy that can run faster than you, is unbeatable, and never leaves, I don't think that would be very fun.

Imagine if you were playing OG RE3 and Nemesis was in every single room in the game running after you. All of your focus would be on running away from him and you'd have no time to fight other enemies, look for items or just generally explore around. What made him tolerable was that you only had to deal with him every now and then.

There would be no running away in OG RE3 if he literally chased you the entire game like Mr. X does in RE2:Remake. Pretty sure RE3 would have been unbeatable if it worked like that, back then.
You haven't set a signature for the message boards yet.

User Info: PFreece

PFreece
6 days ago#22
Focus group testing revealed that a running Nemesis was too much for today's gamers to handle so his movement speed is now more cinematic

The testing also revealed buck-teethed children between the ages of 7 and 11 had trouble identifying with nemesis, so his teeth have been updated
ienzo105 posted...
This is a poor idea. If it ain't break, don't fix it. Just keep him running. That's it...

@ienzo105

Nemesis didn't run all the time. Go play the original. In the first fight he just walks towards you until you down him. Then he gets up and starts running at you.
Setsunahenry posted...
Nemesis isn't running in Umbrella Chronicle. Nemesis isn't running in ORC.
I so don't want to see him running in this game.

@Setsunahenry

But he did run in the original RE3 and this is a remake of it. He should run in this remake. Don't know why you don't want him to. Too scary for you?

User Info: Sierra_Alpha

Sierra_Alpha
6 days ago#25
I think it's balance obviously. If you give Nemesis a Mag loaded Rocket Launcher and he can full on sprint. With the remake ability to follow you through out the city, there would be no way to get away from him.
STARS is NOT part of RPD

User Info: OhHiRenan

OhHiRenan
6 days ago#26
ienzo105 posted...
Doesn't matter. Be faithful to the original.

it’s amazing to me that someone can be passionate enough about gaming to post on a niche Internet forum, but not passionate enough to understand basic game design.

no wonder the industry’s a mess.
http://i.imgur.com/KxJQD.jpg

User Info: Fiz57

Fiz57
5 days ago#27
His speed in standard difficulty and below probably nerfed so casual gamer can enjoy in finding item and to stagger/stun zombie in the way with a headshot stun. Only in hardcore difficulty. does it true speed made a huge difference. Hardcore difficulty is more faithful to the original with less item and save require ink ribbon for RE2RE so maybe Nemesis true ability would be unleash here like the original ver.

Some people said villain do the walking is more badass than running. I mean no matter some people ran so fast, the villain would be not far from them and they simply walk as if mocking that running is futile. Imagine Jason from Friday the 13th do a running instead of walking or some kind of teleport ability, I don't know if that more thrill or just want to run away.

And yeah, Nemesis only run if we are distance especially running away in the original. It would usually walk in when I stumble upon it as Jill enter the next screen/camera area.

Cardboard boxes are amazing. You could use it to sneak around. Drop on someone to stun them. Heck if you aren't satisfy with ramming, try a tank through co-op.

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
5 days ago#28
TheMKDestroyer posted...
@ienzo105

Nemesis didn't run all the time. Go play the original. In the first fight he just walks towards you until you down him. Then he gets up and starts running at you.

https://youtu.be/B2T8RRNWY4Y?t=104

https://youtu.be/MDXCK8MwfKw?t=7

Depending on the encounter and weapons used, he does run closer than usual and more often.
Z370 | i7 8700 | Cryorig M9i | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR4 | WDB 3TB |500GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | VS XG2703-GS | LG 27UD68 |
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: ienzo105

ienzo105
5 days ago#29
Fiz57 posted...
His speed in standard difficulty and below probably nerfed so casual gamer can enjoy in finding item and to stagger/stun zombie in the way with a headshot stun. Only in hardcore difficulty. does it true speed made a huge difference. Hardcore difficulty is more faithful to the original with less item and save require ink ribbon for RE2RE so maybe Nemesis true ability would be unleash here like the original ver.

Some people said villain do the walking is more badass than running. I mean no matter some people ran so fast, the villain would be not far from them and they simply walk as if mocking that running is futile. Imagine Jason from Friday the 13th do a running instead of walking or some kind of teleport ability, I don't know if that more thrill or just want to run away.

And yeah, Nemesis only run if we are distance especially running away in the original. It would usually walk in when I stumble upon it as Jill enter the next screen/camera area.
Uhhh Jason did run in Part 2-4. He was arguably more scary because of that.
https://i.imgur.com/HbfKsMm.gifv

User Info: galmorzu

galmorzu
5 days ago#30
Not only has Nemesis running most likely been cut from the game, but as we don’t see Jill running in the trailer during gameplay, I’m pretty sure running has been completely cut from the game in general. For tension purposes.

To balance this out, as we don’t see her picking up ammo or reloading, I think it’s fair to say her guns have infinite ammo.
"I dont want it to be FUN..... FUN often times ruins games" - IgnatiusLoyola (On RE4 - Gamefaqs)
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Why is Nemesis not running?
  • Post New Message