• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Why is Nemesis not running?

User Info: ienzo105

ienzo105
6 days ago#1
Every time we've seen him he's just walking, which would be a damn shame. He always ran in the original game. What made that mother f***er way scarier than Mr. X was not only his voice, but that it was hard to outrun him. He was fast as f*** and can easily catch up to you.
https://i.imgur.com/HbfKsMm.gifv

User Info: FNFred

FNFred
6 days ago#2
We didn't see much gameplay itself and we don't know what he'll do differently in Hardcore mode.

I hope he runs as well but I also remember so many people complaining about how annoying Mr.X was in R2make and he was just walking. Maybe Capcom heard that and slowed Nemesis down to avoid the tears of casuals?

User Info: Mehran456

Mehran456
6 days ago#3
ienzo105 posted...
Every time we've seen him he's just walking, which would be a damn shame. He always ran in the original game. What made that mother f***er way scarier than Mr. X was not only his voice, but that it was hard to outrun him. He was fast as f*** and can easily catch up to you.
He didn't ran if you were up close with him in the OG and everytime we see him in the new trailer he's pretty much in Jill's face

He probably will if you get further away from him
This is my signature
Do you like it?
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: Stardust2592

Stardust2592
6 days ago#4
ienzo105 posted...
He most likely can run, but in all the footage I've seen anyway, Nemesis is only a few feet away from Jill at the most, and in the original he would only walk if he was close to you.

Might also be a sequential thing as well, as in when he starts mutating and becoming more feral so to speak, he becomes more aggressive and in your face rather than a stalker if that makes any sense.
3DS Friend Code: 1032 - 1356 - 8796
Friend Safari: Manectric, Pikachu and Dedenne.

ienzo105
6 days ago#5
Stardust2592 posted...
He most likely can run, but in all the footage I've seen anyway, Nemesis is only a few feet away from Jill at the most, and in the original he would only walk if he was close to you.

Might also be a sequential thing as well, as in when he starts mutating and becoming more feral so to speak, he becomes more aggressive and in your face rather than a stalker if that makes any sense.
This is a poor idea. If it ain't break, don't fix it. Just keep him running. That's it...

FNFred
6 days ago#6
ienzo105 posted...
This is a poor idea. If it ain't break, don't fix it. Just keep him running. That's it...
It's not the same game as the original.

Game design isn't that simple lol

ienzo105
6 days ago#7
FNFred posted...
It's not the same game as the original.

Game design isn't that simple lol
Doesn't matter. Be faithful to the original.

User Info: TheThirdDay

TheThirdDay
6 days ago#8
Nemi's speed was pretty much the only thing that made him as ludicrously scary as he was. If they nerfed his running, it would be a crime.
Now Playing: Pokemon: White Version, Farcry: New Dawn, CoD:MW
~2019: RE2, BK in Smash, BL3. Life complete.~

FNFred
6 days ago#9
ienzo105 posted...
Doesn't matter. Be faithful to the original.
Thank God the game development isn't in your hands.
I like how this Remake is doing it with Nemesis slowly becoming more aggressive, insane, and demented overtime. Like 1st form hes quiet, walks, and only punches. Than he starts using weapons and becoming more aggressive. I'm guessing his 3rd form which is the original's second form will mostly run. So far there hasn't been anything I didn't like from Nemesis and just everything else in general for RE3 Remake. If I have to nitpick something, it'll be maybe Nemesis having a helmet that covers his entire head kinda like the Ruiner in the game Ruiner.
Waiting for Senpai to blank me.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Why is Nemesis not running?
  • Post New Message