• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Anyone else not like the slow walking Hunter?

User Info: Crohnos

Crohnos
1 week ago#31
Degalon posted...
This is how they've always been. The walk slowly, THEN break into a full sprint/start leaping around.
Not true. Look at the video from REmake I posted earlier. They walked slowly until they saw you, then sprinted at you once you got their attention.
Horror game enthusiast (91 completed)

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
1 week ago#32
Crohnos posted...
Not true. Look at the video from REmake I posted earlier. They walked slowly until they saw you, then sprinted at you once you got their attention.

.....and?

We've seen a split second clip of them doing the slow walk. The trailer didn't even give enough time for them to start sprinting, it was just an establishing shot.
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards

Crohnos
1 week ago#33
Degalon posted...
.....and?

We've seen a split second clip of them doing the slow walk. The trailer didn't even give enough time for them to start sprinting, it was just an establishing shot.
To make sure I wasn’t imagining things, I just watched footage of Hunters in every Resident Evil game that included them - in all but Revelations they roared and ran up to the player without hesitation before striking.

I can almost guarantee they’ll behave like Revelations which, coincidentally, is the only other over-the-shoulder appearance they‘ve had (not counting ORC or Dead Aim - didn’t watch footage to verify on those).

In any case, whether they run or not, the one in the trailer left enough time for Jill to line up a headshot without any pressure.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: AG15

AG15
1 week ago#34
FeatherineA posted...
So we judging how an enemy is "handled" from a 3 seconds clip ?

Ok.

For real. People just want to complain for the sake of complaining.

First world problems, I guess.
''We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in''

User Info: FeatherineA

FeatherineA
1 week ago#35
AG15 posted...
For real. People just want to complain for the sake of complaining.

First world problems, I guess.
Especially considering he's wrong anyway, RE3 Hunters do plenty of standing around and slowly walk towards you even when they see you, like:
https://youtu.be/okf1F5jAPus?t=1608
First Hunter just stands there and lets Carlos run up to him before attacking, then doesn't run either. Second Hunter just slowly walks up to Carlos as he runs to the door.

https://youtu.be/okf1F5jAPus?t=1645
Hunter just watches Carlos get out of the room without moving, despite Carlos running towards him.

https://youtu.be/okf1F5jAPus?t=1775
Do I even need to say anything ?

https://youtu.be/okf1F5jAPus?t=1948
Oh look, just stands there again and walks.

And this is just from a single run of 1 guy, could've shown a hundred more from others, didn't even bother looking up the Factory as there's a chance of Hunters spawning there... The Hunters tend to be aggressive and rush the player but there are some that are content with just either standing around or walk for a certain period of time, so what we saw in the trailer is nothing out of the norm.

Not saying the Remake's Hunter will 100% run, they might have changed them f*** if I know, but judging an entire enemy's AI and attack pattern from a 3 seconds clip made specifically to showcase how the creature looked in the first place is dumb.
(edited 1 week ago)

Crohnos
1 week ago#36
Couple of notes:
  • On the first two vids, there’s obviously a delay from when they see you to when they attack. In the new trailer however, the hunter roars and then proceeds to walk rather than attack
  • The third video is based on a janky awareness mechanic. They don’t attack unless they see or hear you, and that one just had a laughably bad turn radius
  • Fourth is same note as third. Also if I’m not mistaken, aren’t Gammas usually slower than Betas?
I think the hunters will be done justice here. If anything, they actually kind of look armored now, so maybe it takes some serious firepower to stun them? Like, the old trick of sneaking behind them and peppering with handgun rounds until they die because of their slow turnaround animation won't be viable to stun lock them now?

I think they have a much better handle on fast moving enemy design now compared to Revelations, which definitely did have terrible hunters. Going by how well done the zombie dogs were in REmake 2 (both in ai "pack and stalking" behavior and their general movement) the hunters are going to be amazing here, especially if they can still open doors like in RE1/REmake 1.

I think the slow walk shot in the trailer was just to let you get a good look at them, and show it in it's default stalking mode before it goes nuts :)
Oh hai there! @_@
Hunters start slow until you are in their line of sight and they go into hostile mode, some also will just sneak attack you like in REmake.

doa-plus.com - We Press Forward. . . By Pressing Back.

Crohnos
1 week ago#39
RiKuToTheMiGhtY posted...
Hunters start slow until you are in their line of sight and they go into hostile mode, some also will just sneak attack you like in REmake.
Right. That’s how it’s supposed to be. But in the newest trailer it sees Carlos, roars, and then walks slowly.

Ultimately it has the same behavior as the ones from Revelations.
Hmm that doesn’t sound right, and yes that does seem odd when in REmake they got the hunters correct.
doa-plus.com - We Press Forward. . . By Pressing Back.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Anyone else not like the slow walking Hunter?
  • Post New Message