• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Anyone else not like the slow walking Hunter?

User Info: TheThirdDay

TheThirdDay
1 week ago#11
Just remember, guys: REmake 3 has TPS shooting with no aim-assist, and is a survival horror style game, which means limited health and ammo.

I'm sure they will still run at you, but if they were as aggressive as they were in, say, REmake, they game could get frustratingly difficult.
Now Playing: Pokemon: White Version, Farcry: New Dawn, CoD:MW
~2019: RE2, BK in Smash, BL3. Life complete.~

User Info: Crimson_Storm

Crimson_Storm
1 week ago#12
TheThirdDay posted...
Just remember, guys: REmake 3 has TPS shooting with no aim-assist, and is a survival horror style game, which means limited health and ammo.

I'm sure they will still run at you, but if they were as aggressive as they were in, say, REmake, they game could get frustratingly difficult.
i expect them to be aggressive, even to the remake’s level, the hunters simply requires the players to bring out the big guns.
I'll never long for what might have been

User Info: Crohnos

Crohnos
1 week ago#13
Crimson_Storm posted...
i expect them to be aggressive, even to the remake’s level, the hunters simply requires the players to bring out the big guns.
This. Hell, the Lickers in REmake 2 didn’t hold back after they heard you, and were much more aggressive than in the original.

I’d want the Hunters to be just as aggressive, except they can see you. Let’s also not forget that RE3 arms you to the teeth really.
Horror game enthusiast (91 completed)
they'll probably slow them down a bit because you won't have auto aim.
or maybe they'll give us a shotgun that's worth a damn.

Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

User Info: TheThirdDay

TheThirdDay
1 week ago#15
Crohnos posted...
This. Hell, the Lickers in REmake 2 didn’t hold back after they heard you, and were much more aggressive than in the original.

I’d want the Hunters to be just as aggressive, except they can see you. Let’s also not forget that RE3 arms you to the teeth really.

This is all fair. However, the caveat is that you can sneak by Lickers, so you didn't have to fight them. You're almost discouraged from engaging them. Avoiding combat with a Hunter won't be as easy.

But worth noting is that Lickers were harder to shoot because they were lower to the ground. An equally aggressive Hunter could potentially be easier to hit.

...Until they start jumping lol.

I'm eager to see how Capcom balances them, that's for sure.

Also, as far as Revelations Hunters go, I was thrilled by them my first run through. I thought they were perfectly challenging, as was just excited to finally get to fight Hinter OtS. In my most recent play, a month or so back, I did find them a little tame. But damn, is seeing them run at you from a distance still scary lol.
Now Playing: Pokemon: White Version, Farcry: New Dawn, CoD:MW
~2019: RE2, BK in Smash, BL3. Life complete.~
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: IronAvenger08

IronAvenger08
1 week ago#16
The Hunters walked around slowly in the REmake as well. Well as long as they weren't aware of you being there they would either stand and stare aimlessly or walk around. Same with the Cerberus. The moment they made sight of you is when they charged.

User Info: Crohnos

Crohnos
1 week ago#17
IronAvenger08 posted...
The Hunters walked around slowly in the REmake as well. Well as long as they weren't aware of you being there they would either stand and stare aimlessly or walk around. Same with the Cerberus. The moment they made sight of you is when they charged.
Right, but the point I’m making is that in the newest trailer one sees Carlos and walks toward him
Horror game enthusiast (91 completed)

User Info: FeatherineA

FeatherineA
1 week ago#18
So we judging how an enemy is "handled" from a 3 seconds clip ?

Ok.

User Info: Setsunahenry

Setsunahenry
1 week ago#19
I do believe Hunter will run toward you if you are a bit far.
https://card.psnprofiles.com/2/setsunah0186.png

User Info: KingVi3

KingVi3
1 week ago#20
We only saw a glimpse of Hunter. How the hell you base everything off of that?
LOL. For all we know, Capcom might change it.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Anyone else not like the slow walking Hunter?
  • Post New Message