• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Why do the RElitists dislike RE7?

User Info: hunkisgod

hunkisgod
1 week ago#21
Because they expected the game to have a story that's connected to the other RE games....idk how anyone expected that to happen after the disaster that was RE6 and is probably why games after RE6 seems to have a smaller budget and a more self contained story.

User Info: VegantoKeens

VegantoKeens
1 week ago#22
It is a nice game, but FPS doesn't fit. The enemy variety is really boring and low effort. The theme of SH style enemies and the crazies doesn't fit either. Finally, the blank slate protagonist sucks.

I like that it brought RE back to horror, I dislike that it was build to demo VR instead of being an RE title.
Try not to cry in nostalgia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39pK2MV_sfs

User Info: Sierra_Alpha

Sierra_Alpha
1 week ago#23
Which they half ass the story connection simply because they wanted to bring back Umbrella as the main bad guys again so they created that whole BS of an Ada clone starting Red Umbrella and then to add to the confusion they thought it would be wise to have Blue Umbrella.
Sierra_Alpha

User Info: marthogly

marthogly
1 week ago#24
It brought RE back to horror, so I like the game just for that. Thank god that horrible RE 4-6 period is over for now.

User Info: TrueGB

TrueGB
1 week ago#25
RE7 has issues, but the perspective, puzzles, and horror elements definitely weren't among them.

Sierra_Alpha posted...
Why would the US government allow the US branch to reopen under restrictions. When the US government took a bad PR hit over dealing with Umbrella to begin with once the world found out the purpose of the T virus.

I don't know exactly how it works in the states, and the rules can change from state to state, but you usually don't see entire corporations brought down for the acts of a few individuals unless it's proven to be systemic (but reputation usually kills the stock price anyway). Even then, separate divisions that can prove they weren't involved can break away and continue on their own. I don't know the Umbrella structure in the RE universe, but I'm guessing that is what's happening here, although a real corporation would likely completely rebrand and drop the old name entirely.
Future Billionaire

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
1 week ago#26
I'll always be grateful for RE7 bringing the series back on track to it's survival-horror roots. Everyone is crapping on it for having a low enemy variety and being in first person, but I'll happily take that any day over another RE6. Gotta love how people are bringing up lack of enemy variety when the last 3 games before it kept recycling chainsaw dude and El Gigante.

User Info: tracazoid

tracazoid
1 week ago#27
Most classic fans I've seen seem to think it's a return to form for the most part, at least after years of action horror and first person weaponless horror that was spawned by RE4 and Amnesia. It has its glaring flaws but for the most part a good chunk of the classic fans I've talked with seem to be pleased with the game.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Terenigma

Terenigma
1 week ago#28
For me it was because it lacked the combat that the Resident Evil series on the whole has always had. Yeah there was a couple of things you could shoot but outside of bosses, there really isn't that many "enemies" and that bugged me. Also they really were reaching when trying to tie it into the series, it felt more a stand-alone game or silent hill game more than it did Resident evil and that also really bothered me, hell add fog to the very beginning of the game and it easily could of gone in the other direction.

I did like the puzzles and yeah it was very tense and had good atmosphere and scares but with the latter i'm actually going to say that is a bad thing. Resident evil games have never been pure-horror games full of jump scares, they've been survival horror where things can get tense but it's fun combat getting through it all. It should be more Event Horizon than Insidious and RE7 wasn't like that.
I play Monster Hunter. You may of seen me, i'm the one in the fluorescent pink hat.
Hero3ziz posted...
Out of curiosity, what did you think about RE4?

A solid action shooter that didn't feel cheap, or indie, and despite having an irrelevant story it still featured returning characters and still felt like it was at least in the same world as its predecessors. Why?

User Info: Hero3ziz

Hero3ziz
1 week ago#30
BIack_Dynamite posted...
A solid action shooter that didn't feel cheap, or indie, and despite having an irrelevant story it still featured returning characters and still felt like it was at least in the same world as its predecessors. Why?

Exactly what I expected. Says RE7 feels alien to the series yet says RE4 is a solid entry that feels in the same series. Laughable.

That’s why I’m tired of discussing RE7, especially on gamefaqs.
I swear I'm not insane. Yeah, most likely not insane.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Why do the RElitists dislike RE7?
  • Post New Message