• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Why do the RElitists dislike RE7?

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
6 days ago#191
Eh if you count the bees then you gotta count the g embryos as well.

I usually wouldnt count either bc they're more a minor hazard than an outright enemy.

As for the Molded, yes theres variants but it's still the same enemy type.

If we count the 3 molded variants as separate enemies then we should do the same for all the different zombies in re2make. Male zombie female zombie fat zombie gun zombie knife zombie hardhat zombie, crawling zombie, etc.
But obviously we don't do that.

So without padding the resume, we can recognize that re7 only had 3 enemies. Jack, Marguerite, and Molded.

Which pisses me off because this is the bayou man. Wheres the infected wildlife? Infected crocogators, crows, etc?

Also, yaknow what would have been better than crawling molded? Just having an actual Licker variant.

Seriously it was a tanker dedicated to bow research, not a stretch for some bows to have been on board, either for separate reasons or researching how mold affects them.

Or like we could have had a gator variant of hunter! Or some new BOWs like anubis, chimera, Neptune, etc.

Also where's the damn tyrant?! Tyrants or equivalents are a hallmark of a resident evil game. While admittedly Mendez was stretching it, even 5 had Wesker turn into an ouroboros tyrant at the end and Ustanak was a neo nemesis. Even the revelations games had an aqua tyrant and what's his name in 2.
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: edward18

edward18
6 days ago#192
Still haven't gotten my answer as to why Jack transforms the way he does.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: tracazoid

tracazoid
6 days ago#193
edward18 posted...
Still haven't gotten my answer as to why Jack transforms the way he does.

The same reason as everything else in the franchise, a Biohazard and someone undergoing a unique transformation under said Biohazard.

Here's the text from a note that explains it in game:

"We've finished analyzing the tissue samples believe to be from Jack Baker.

The cells exhibit an extraordinary resilience to physical and chemical damage; The E-Series mutamycete secretes a telomerase-like enzyme through the cell wall, causing abnormal activation of the ERK pathway to achieve forced cell division-quickly regenerating damaged tissue.

However, the repeated cell division quickly leads to breakdown in the intercelluar structure, leading to the sloughing, slurry-like effect we've observed in the collected tissue samples. Our working hyphothesis puts this down to the cells reaching their Hayflick limit.

Note that the samples from the other family members(the wife Marguerite, the son Lucas, and the daughter Zoe) do not exhibit the same extreme regenerative properties. The symptoms may differ from subject to subject. Further study required."

User Info: edward18

edward18
6 days ago#194
So he's an irregular mutant? Why then is able he able to suddenly warp and gain such mass as quickly as he does?
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
6 days ago#195
windice93 posted...
The molded are a “type”. Just like the ooze are a type of enemy even if they are different. Zombies are types even if they are different zombies like crimson heads.

Yes and there are multiple types of molded, same way there are multiple types of uzis.

Same with zombies and crimson heads, which are considered two separate enemies.

The point is, RE7 has more than one enemy type, denying that is foolish.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

User Info: windice93

windice93
6 days ago#196
riddlebox89 posted...
Yes and there are multiple types of molded, same way there are multiple types of uzis.

Same with zombies and crimson heads, which are considered two separate enemies.

The point is, RE7 has more than one enemy type, denying that is foolish.
Nooooo crimson heads are a type of zombie. Oozes are one type of enemy as are molded. They have micro break downs but they are all one type of enemy. Your right it does. It has bees....... lol
(edited 6 days ago)
@Degalon
The ship isn't for B.O.W. research. It was a civilian tanker that Alan and Mia were using to travel undercover to transport Evie to another lab. I've only watched let's plays and i know this from the in game files. The only B.O.W. on board was Evie, until she started producing molded.

User Info: TrueGB

TrueGB
5 days ago#198
windice93 posted...
@TrueGB Ethan is a pretty bad character.

Subjective and valueless argument. He is no better or worse than any other RE character.

windice93 posted... So can most hazard in most games. It doesn’t make them enemies. Lol

Oh, good lord...

Deanyzy posted...
God the detractors are really twisting themselves into odd shapes to try to deny reality aren't they? RE7 was a more traditional RE game than RE4,5 and 6 combined. I can't believe anyone who actually played RE7 can stand there and say it wasn't an RE game when it was more faithful to the original formula than most RE games since 2005.

You can hate the first person camera or the enemy variety but saying that it doesn't play like an RE game is just factually wrong, it ticks pretty much all the boxes when it comes to the classic gameplay.

Like I said, most of the haters either didn't play it or were determined to hate it from the start and will lie to themselves and others about the game. You can dislike it all you want but to make out that it wasn't the closest thing to a classic RE game at the time is just plain bulls***.

The reason why we got RE2R and will now be getting RE3 was because RE7 proved that the old formula worked because it sold well. If it wasn't well received they would have carried on with the action style games and left the survival horror games in the past.

Preach it, bro! Most sensible post in this thread and what I've been saying all of this time.

RE7 is definitely not the best RE, and it does have many problems, but the game deserves respect. No RE7, no RE2make fan mod, no RE2make, and no RE3make.
Future Billionaire
(edited 5 days ago)

Degalon
5 days ago#199
SteelDragon2050 posted...
@Degalon
The ship isn't for B.O.W. research. It was a civilian tanker that Alan and Mia were using to travel undercover to transport Evie to another lab. I've only watched let's plays and i know this from the in game files. The only B.O.W. on board was Evie, until she started producing molded.

Oh I know but again, not a stretch to day she wasnt the only bow on board. Maybe it was smuggling black market BOWs or something

Degalon
5 days ago#200
edward18 posted...
So he's an irregular mutant? Why then is able he able to suddenly warp and gain such mass as quickly as he does?

Just answered your own question.

1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Why do the RElitists dislike RE7?
  • Post New Message