• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Why do the RElitists dislike RE7?

User Info: ChaozCloud

ChaozCloud
1 week ago#171
windice93 posted...
No they are stage hazards. Stage hazards can be alive and even have health bars in games. When they can move far away from the item they are attached to and freely walk is when they become enemies. They were mostly their to hinder you from opening stuff and going to certain areas.

So mobs in MMOs that have a leash are not enemies? Because they can't freely walk far away from the area they are attached to?
What about games where enemies are on a set path and only walk back and forth until the player gets near them?
What about enemies like Bone Pillars and Dragon Bones?
What about G Mutants then? They can't freely walk about and only emerge when the player gets close to them.
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
All praise the poor Shrine Maiden, the Ordinary Magician and the holy being ZUN. Convert to Touhouism today.
TrueGB posted...
I didn't realize bulls*** was a respectable opinion. Did you even play RE7?

Yea, it was generic, sorry you’re butthurt by that.

You don't play many indie games, do you?

No, they’re s***.

So...I'm just playing a floating hand or...or what?

Failed attempt to be clever there...not distinguishing “character” i.e. the physical being you control, vs “character”, i.e. the character of the protagonist. Well done, tool.

You seem to be fond of spreading misinformation. Buh-bye.

Yeah? Prove it. Also, just say bye next time, tool.

User Info: windice93

windice93
1 week ago#173
ChaozCloud posted...
So mobs in MMOs that have a leash are not enemies? Because they can't freely walk far away from the area they are attached to?
What about games where enemies are on a set path and only walk back and forth until the player gets near them?
What about enemies like Bone Pillars and Dragon Bones?
What about G Mutants then? They can't freely walk about and only emerge when the player gets close to them.
You mean enemies that are placed in more than one area and are not stuck to it? Lol

ChaozCloud
1 week ago#174
windice93 posted...
You mean enemies that are placed in more than one area and are not stuck to it? Lol

G Mutants are only in the sewers and very much stuck in the area they are. You also didn't even try to refute any of the other points.
Face it, what is and isn't an enemy has been well established in gaming and your beliefs ain't going to change that.
All praise the poor Shrine Maiden, the Ordinary Magician and the holy being ZUN. Convert to Touhouism today.
(edited 1 week ago)
FriggingChicken posted...
RE7 isn't a bad RE by any standards, its flaw is the last third of the game, even the weak enemy variety i can forgive
It's trash by all standards
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1507-aew

windice93
1 week ago#176
ChaozCloud posted...
G Mutants are only in the sewers and very much stuck in the area they are. You also didn't even try to refute any of the other points.
Face it, what is and isn't an enemy has been well established in gaming and your beliefs ain't going to change that.
that one comment refutes all yours. I didn’t need to directly address them. Ok G mutants are also hazards......

You are right, it has been established that those are not enemies.

User Info: Hero3ziz

Hero3ziz
1 week ago#177
lilhurk1985187 posted...
It's trash by all standards
Yea, a game that has 86% score, sold 7M, and beloved by most fans is trash by all standards. This guy is just a pure genius.

/s
I swear I'm not insane. Yeah, most likely not insane.

ChaozCloud
1 week ago#178
windice93 posted...
that one comment refutes all yours. I didn’t need to directly address them. Ok G mutants are also hazards......

You are right, it has been established that those are not enemies.

No it refuted nothing. You say that the Bug Swarm don't count because they can't move outside of a sphere of range. Enemies in MMOs can't do that either.
Bone Pillars and Bone Dragons are completely stuck to the floor/wall and can't move at all. Sniper Joes, Mets, Pirahna Plants, etc are all enemies that can't move from their position.
But since you seem to be willing to contiune. What about enemies in games with random encounters? They can't move freely. What about set encounter tiles? Are enemy encounters on them not enemies?
What about Goombas? They just move back and forward in what space they have.
What about games like Fire Emblem where some enemies are stuck on their tile and not allowed to move?
And even if we use your inane suggestion and remove the bug swarm and the G-Mutants then you still have equal amount of enemies between RE2make and RE7.
(edited 1 week ago)

windice93
1 week ago#179
ChaozCloud posted...
No it refuted nothing. You say that the Bug Swarm don't count because they can't move outside of a sphere of range. Enemies in MMOs can't do that either.
Bone Pillars and Bone Dragons are completely stuck to the floor/wall and can't move at all. Sniper Joes, Mets, Pirahna Plants, etc are all enemies that can't move from their position.
But since you seem to be willing to contiune. What about enemies in games with random encounters? They can't move freely. What about set encounter tiles? Are enemy encounters on them not enemies?
What about Goombas? They just move back and forward in what space they have.
What about games like Fire Emblem where some enemies are stuck on their tile and not allowed to move?
And even if we use your inane suggestion and remove the bug swarm and the G-Mutants then you still have equal amount of enemies between RE2make and RE7.
They are put in different locations............ you were saying? You encounter those enemies in different lvls or whatever you want to call them. They are recolored and reused.

ChaozCloud
1 week ago#180
windice93 posted...
They are put in different locations............ you were saying? You encounter those enemies in different lvls or whatever you want to call them. They are recolored and reused.

By that logic then the dogs and the ivies aren't enemies either. You only encounter them in one area of the game. So it turns out that RE7 has more enemies than RE2make as RE2make only has Zombies and Lickers. Damn, what a s***ty game.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Why do the RElitists dislike RE7?
  • Post New Message