• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Why do the RElitists dislike RE7?

User Info: windice93

windice93
1 week ago#161
riddlebox89 posted...
At least I'm not the guy saying the game has one enemy type when it clearly has at least three.
The molded are a “type”. Just like the ooze are a type of enemy even if they are different. Zombies are types even if they are different zombies like crimson heads.

User Info: MrMexican95

MrMexican95
1 week ago#162
BIack_Dynamite posted...
Ok

None to negligible RE connections check
A single enemy type excluding bosses check
Lacks actual character as protagonist check
Lack of real cutscenes to tell story check
Game designed around VR gimmick check
Takes itself way too seriously check
Pretentious as f*** check
Indie feel check

Key finding, backtracking and the item box are the only things that are remotely RE about it, but these alone don’t outweigh the things that make it very un-RE, they just make it feel like a generic indie fps that is ripping off some classic RE elements.

Anyone who's actually played VR knows it's not a gimmick
RE7 in vr was a great experience
Currently playing spiderman, shadow of the tomb raider and resident evil 2
RE7 isn't a bad RE by any standards, its flaw is the last third of the game, even the weak enemy variety i can forgive
It was foretold by gyromancy!

User Info: TrueGB

TrueGB
1 week ago#164
BIack_Dynamite posted...
Lack of real cutscenes to tell story check

I didn't realize bulls*** was a respectable opinion. Did you even play RE7?

BIack_Dynamite posted...
Indie feel check

You don't play many indie games, do you?

BIack_Dynamite posted...
Lacks actual character as protagonist check

So...I'm just playing a floating hand or...or what?

You seem to be fond of spreading misinformation. Buh-bye.
Future Billionaire
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: ChaozCloud

ChaozCloud
1 week ago#165
windice93 posted...
did you really count the bugs as enemies to try and make a point? The bugs are more so stage hazards than they are direct enemies.

The bugs attack you and can be killed thus they are enemies.
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
All praise the poor Shrine Maiden, the Ordinary Magician and the holy being ZUN. Convert to Touhouism today.

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
1 week ago#166
God the detractors are really twisting themselves into odd shapes to try to deny reality aren't they? RE7 was a more traditional RE game than RE4,5 and 6 combined. I can't believe anyone who actually played RE7 can stand there and say it wasn't an RE game when it was more faithful to the original formula than most RE games since 2005.

You can hate the first person camera or the enemy variety but saying that it doesn't play like an RE game is just factually wrong, it ticks pretty much all the boxes when it comes to the classic gameplay.

Like I said, most of the haters either didn't play it or were determined to hate it from the start and will lie to themselves and others about the game. You can dislike it all you want but to make out that it wasn't the closest thing to a classic RE game at the time is just plain bulls***.

The reason why we got RE2R and will now be getting RE3 was because RE7 proved that the old formula worked because it sold well. If it wasn't well received they would have carried on with the action style games and left the survival horror games in the past.

windice93
1 week ago#167
ChaozCloud posted...
The bugs attack you and can be killed thus they are enemies.
So can most hazard in most games. It doesn’t make them enemies. Lol

@TrueGB Ethan is a pretty bad character.

@Deanyzy i felt like revelations one came closer with Jill’s parts but RE 7 tried which I respect. The last part was just such a slog mixed with the crappy extra modes and the horrible story make me dislike it. Mia pissed me off sooooooo much. Like wtf Mia got infected first so why is Zoe the bad choice smh. Dumb love story. Am I right?
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: ChaozCloud

ChaozCloud
1 week ago#168
windice93 posted...

But they are enemies. Stage hazards would be stuff like spikes, death pits, falling rocks or crumbling platforms.
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
All praise the poor Shrine Maiden, the Ordinary Magician and the holy being ZUN. Convert to Touhouism today.
(edited 1 week ago)

windice93
1 week ago#169
ChaozCloud posted...
But they are enemies. Stage hazards would be stuff like spikes, death pits, falling rocks or crumbling platforms.
No they are stage hazards. Stage hazards can be alive and even have health bars in games. When they can move far away from the item they are attached to and freely walk is when they become enemies. They were mostly their to hinder you from opening stuff and going to certain areas.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
1 week ago#170
windice93 posted...

@TrueGB Ethan is a pretty bad character.

@Deanyzy i felt like revelations one came closer with Jill’s parts but RE 7 tried which I respect. The last part was just such a slog mixed with the crappy extra modes and the horrible story make me dislike it. Mia pissed me off sooooooo much. Like wtf Mia got infected first so why is Zoe the bad choice smh. Dumb love story. Am I right?

I love Revelations and I agree that, at the time of it's release, it was also close to the RE formula but things like a constant AI companion took away from it, I thought. The best part of Revelations is when Jill is alone and is being pursued by Rachel through the ship.

People can have criticisms about TR7, I do agree that the ship part dragged horribly for example but my point has always been that RE7 is basically a classic RE game with a few new twists. I think people who pretend that it isn't can't see the forest for the trees because they don't want to.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Why do the RElitists dislike RE7?
  • Post New Message