• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Why do the RElitists dislike RE7?
Ok

None to negligible RE connections check
A single enemy type excluding bosses check
Lacks actual character as protagonist check
Lack of real cutscenes to tell story check
Game designed around VR gimmick check
Takes itself way too seriously check
Pretentious as f*** check
Indie feel check

Key finding, backtracking and the item box are the only things that are remotely RE about it, but these alone don’t outweigh the things that make it very un-RE, they just make it feel like a generic indie fps that is ripping off some classic RE elements.
(edited 1 week ago)
BIack_Dynamite posted...
Ok

None to negligible RE connections check
Lacks actual character as protagonist check
Game designed around VR gimmick check
Pretentious as f*** check
Indie feel check

Key finding, backtracking and the item box are the only things that are remotely RE about it, but these alone don’t outweigh the things that make it very un-RE, they just make it feel like a generic indie fps that is ripping off some classic RE elements.
It takes place in the RE world. Last time I checked it doesn't have to star a former character to be a RE game. The character and story is pretty simple and not super deep like most of RE characters and story. Also to be honest he could've been much worse like the new character jake in re6 god what a crap fest that was.Dont know you need full cg cutscenes to tell its story as it does just fine with the in game stuff. I will agree with the lack of enemy types, but I will take it over gun wielding enemy types any day of the week.
got reviews and more at In My Opinion:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEHPzU5Zjg2mAoYpeQgMtUw
Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/souledge94/videos/all
(edited 1 week ago)
finalfantasy94 posted...
It takes place in the RE world. Last time I checked it doesn't have to star a former character to be a RE game. The character and story is pretty simple and not super deep like most of RE characters and story. Dont know you need full cg cutscenes to tell its story as it does just fine with the in game stuff. I will agree with the lack of enemy types, but I will take it over gun wielding enemy types any day of the week.

Besides the title, it doesn’t have anything telling me that it’s RE, until the final minutes when Chris and Umbrella show up. And I don’t mean gameplay elements, as I said, there are lots of games that replicate other successful games, so without any lore or characters tying it to the previous games, 7 just looks and feels like an indie game taking some inspiration from RE1.

User Info: ChaozCloud

ChaozCloud
1 week ago#154
Why are enemy variety a factor when RE2make doesn't have many enemies either.

RE2make:
Zombies
Dogs
Lickers
Ivies
G-Mutant

RE7:
Molded
Fat Molded
Crawler Molded
Giant Bug
Bug Swarm

One could argue that the enemy designs are boring, but it still has the same as RE2make.
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
All praise the poor Shrine Maiden, the Ordinary Magician and the holy being ZUN. Convert to Touhouism today.

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
1 week ago#155
BIack_Dynamite posted...

Regular molded, enhanced molded, the crawling molded. Then there's the bugs if you wanna count those. Pretty sure that's more than one.

BIack_Dynamite posted...

Yeah what a shame the game has all those fake cutscenes that tell the story, right?

And what a shame the game had no files that went into the backstory, nope, absolutely no files at all.

BIack_Dynamite posted...

Jack Baker while picking up a dual bladed chainsaw "GROOVY!"

Ethan asking "Who builds this s***?" after doing one of those shadow puzzles. Even better, you can actually find a sales receipt for it.

Plenty of other things too that make it hard to say the game takes itself too seriously. It's got the same bad b-movie stuff the series has been known for since it started.

BIack_Dynamite posted...
Besides the title, it doesn’t have anything telling me that it’s RE

So that newspaper you can read within the first half hour of the game with the article written by Alyssa Ashcroft, a character from Outbreak, didn't tell you that?
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
“Regular molded, enhanced molded, crawling molded”

I’m sorry, I just have to laugh at how dumb that sounds when the tool saying it to me is trying to prove RE7 has enemy variety 😂

Shut up riddlebox...

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
1 week ago#157
BIack_Dynamite posted...
I’m sorry, I just have to laugh at how dumb that sounds when the tool saying it to me is trying to prove RE7 has enemy variety 😂

At least I'm not the guy saying the game has one enemy type when it clearly has at least three.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

User Info: edward18

edward18
1 week ago#158
Why does Jack transform the way he does?
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
1 week ago#159
finalfantasy94 posted...
These are list of game mechanics and design choices that have been part of the majority of mainline RE games until 4 5 and 6.

meaning, "has not been part of the mainline RE games since the early 2000s".

And also is just a list of game mechanics and designs choices of the entire genre of survival horror, not just Resident Evil.

I mean you're in some hardcore denial here, man.

finalfantasy94 posted...
Also jack transformed cause of the virus. It's a pretty common thing in RE games

Did he transform because of the f***in G Virus? No, he's infected with the Mold, so why did he turn into a G other than to just crowbar a reference to Resident Evil in there?

GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards

User Info: windice93

windice93
1 week ago#160
ChaozCloud posted...
Why are enemy variety a factor when RE2make doesn't have many enemies either.

RE2make:
Zombies
Dogs
Lickers
Ivies
G-Mutant

RE7:
Molded
Fat Molded
Crawler Molded
Giant Bug
Bug Swarm

One could argue that the enemy designs are boring, but it still has the same as RE2make.

did you really count the bugs as enemies to try and make a point? The bugs are more so stage hazards than they are direct enemies.

1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Why do the RElitists dislike RE7?
  • Post New Message