• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Why do the RElitists dislike RE7?

User Info: Sierra_Alpha

Sierra_Alpha
1 week ago#11
Toan posted...
That's why I think RE 8 and 9 should be in FP to finish up the FP trilogy
I don't know honestly what RE 8 is going to be. From the Lore side, it looks like we're about to get an Umbrella civil war.

I don't know about FP though. I'd rather have it return to tank controls because of the reasons why it works with survival horror is that you can't see around a corner and you can literally run into something.
Sierra_Alpha

User Info: doowop

doowop
1 week ago#12
felt like a generic indie game. lacked interesting characters and lacked inspiration. felt like they just tried to polish a turd and put the resident evil ip on it.

not to mention ethan being a bland character, the whole redfield change and that last boss fight was horrendous and so stupid. literally nothing to it because it absolutely sucked. i thought 6 was horrible and then after playing 7 my opinion changed on that.

the enemy variety lacked anything interesting and the whole red/blue pokemon umbrella arc...really? more like trash. more mysterious factions like the connection? so awesome, not. just as bad as the family from re6 that led nowhere

capcom should literally apologize for that whole game and never 7 count that piece of trash.
doowop dooby doowop doolang

Sierra_Alpha
1 week ago#13
doowop posted...
felt like a generic indie game. lacked interesting characters and lacked inspiration. felt like they just tried to polish a turd and put the resident evil ip on it.

not to mention ethan being a bland character, the whole redfield change and that last boss fight was horrendous and so stupid. literally nothing to it because it absolutely sucked. i thought 6 was horrible and then after playing 7 my opinion changed on that.

the enemy variety lacked anything interesting and the whole red/blue pokemon umbrella arc...really? more like trash. more mysterious factions like the connection? so awesome, not. just as bad as the family from re6 that led nowhere

capcom should literally apologize for that whole game and never 7 count that piece of trash.
I'm not that harsh on RE7 but your points are all valid, I don't care about how stupid the story gets as long as it plays into lore.

But I agree the final boss was weak as f*** because it IS the easiest boss fight to date. And I do not understand this whole concept of Red vs Blue Umbrella Capcom is getting ready to set up.

Sierra_Alpha

User Info: doowop

doowop
1 week ago#14
Sierra_Alpha posted...
I'm not that harsh on RE7 but your points are all valid, I don't care about how stupid the story gets as long as it plays into lore.

But I agree the final boss was weak as f*** because it IS the easiest boss fight to date. And I do not understand this whole concept of Red vs Blue Umbrella Capcom is getting ready to set up.

the boss fight is very underwhelming and too easy.

yeah i feel like they are setting up two rival factions for no apparent reason and it probably will lead to nowhere like the family and the connections.

umbrella corps sounded great on paper but the execution is very poor much like the actual uc game.

the molded and enemies in general for me just did not intimidate me and that goes for 6 as well.

the last 2 games have really lacked good enemy designs for me anyway. 5 at least had the reaper bug that could cause you trouble and the reaper in my opinion feels like a classic fit for a resident evil enemy.
doowop dooby doowop doolang

Sierra_Alpha
1 week ago#15
doowop posted...
the boss fight is very underwhelming and too easy.

yeah i feel like they are setting up two rival factions for no apparent reason and it probably will lead to nowhere like the family and the connections.

umbrella corps sounded great on paper but the execution is very poor much like the actual uc game.

the molded and enemies in general for me just did not intimidate me and that goes for 6 as well.

the last 2 games have really lacked good enemy designs for me anyway. 5 at least had the reaper bug that could cause you trouble and the reaper in my opinion feels like a classic fit for a resident evil enemy.

Yeah I don't get it. It doesn't make sense by lore. Umbrella is supposed to be broke as f*** and is now deem illegal to operate so I have no idea how Red Umbrella is operating and Blue Umbrella makes even less sense. Why would the US government allow the US branch to reopen under restrictions. When the US government took a bad PR hit over dealing with Umbrella to begin with once the world found out the purpose of the T virus.
Sierra_Alpha
Leaf-- posted...
Is it solely because of the first-person perspective? The lack of puzzles? Because I feel like aside from that, it's the closest thing we had to classic-style RE we got in years. You'd think that tone and pacing would make the game for people, not the POV.

The first person, the completely alien feeling that this was not RE no matter how many broken shotguns and pretentious callbacks it put it. Lack of enemy variety, an avatar protagonist, it was like a cheap indie game that referenced the RE series with a VR gimmick. It already feels obsolete now too as Capcom have gone back to the OTS cam.

Something had to give if people really don't want to see first-person RE back lol.
The big, bad wolf of GFAQs | Toxic disgrace on YouTube: https://bit.ly/2NavIav
PSN: RenOperative_ | Steam: Ren Operative

User Info: Hero3ziz

Hero3ziz
1 week ago#18
BIack_Dynamite posted...
The first person, the completely alien feeling that this was not RE no matter how many broken shotguns and pretentious callbacks it put it. Lack of enemy variety, an avatar protagonist, it was like a cheap indie game that referenced the RE series with a VR gimmick. It already feels obsolete now too as Capcom have gone back to the OTS cam.

Out of curiosity, what did you think about RE4?
I swear I'm not insane. Yeah, most likely not insane.

Sierra_Alpha
1 week ago#19
Hero3ziz posted...
Out of curiosity, what did you think about RE4?

I thought RE 4 was a good game but it's not a RE game.
Sierra_Alpha

User Info: ManuMIAS

ManuMIAS
1 week ago#20
RE7 is trash and belongs to it next to Umbrella Corps and RE Zero and Code Veronica.

Only horror junkies find RE7 decent even tho its a weak game and it only sold because it was build int gimmick VR, most of the sales are because its a vr starter pack and not really from RE fans.
Calling ppl toxic is just an ad hominem fallacy argument. They resort to a dismissive personal insult at detractors and critics about their personal character.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Why do the RElitists dislike RE7?
  • Post New Message