• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Why do the RElitists dislike RE7?

User Info: Leaf--

Leaf--
1 week ago#1
Is it solely because of the first-person perspective? The lack of puzzles? Because I feel like aside from that, it's the closest thing we had to classic-style RE we got in years. You'd think that tone and pacing would make the game for people, not the POV.
Be happy!
There are people, who will likely be here soon, that think that anything that isn't fixed cameras and tank controls isn't "true" resident evil.

User Info: Hero3ziz

Hero3ziz
1 week ago#3
It’s loved by most of the fans and is regarded as a much needed return to the classic formula with a modern twist.
I swear I'm not insane. Yeah, most likely not insane.

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
1 week ago#4
SteelDragon2050 posted...
There are people, who will likely be here soon, that think that anything that isn't fixed cameras and tank controls isn't "true" resident evil.

This is pretty much it. I'll start the arguing: RE7 is the most classic feeling RE game since CVX/REmake. Enjoyyyy.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Toan

Toan
1 week ago#5
The first person view and the tone of horror are what turns some die hard fans off.

Personally I'm just glad we GOT a horror game. Even if you don't find it scary, it put RE back on the right track
God promises to make something good out of the storms that bring devastation to your life.

User Info: ChaozCloud

ChaozCloud
1 week ago#6
SteelDragon2050 posted...

KarmelCHAOS posted...
This is pretty much it. I'll start the arguing: RE7 is the most classic feeling RE game since CVX/REmake. Enjoyyyy.

I'm a FC advocate and I believe RE7 is a good game and honestly don't think most of the hate it gets are from FC fans.
PSN: TheRedMage ,only EU players need apply
All praise the poor Shrine Maiden, the Ordinary Magician and the holy being ZUN. Convert to Touhouism today.

User Info: DerektheWilder

DerektheWilder
1 week ago#7
It was better than any RE out since OG RE3.
PSN: DerekWilder
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Sierra_Alpha

Sierra_Alpha
1 week ago#8
I'm a purist with Resident Evil. It must play like Resident Evil. With that said, RE 7 is a good game. It plays like an old school RE game which I am sure is the closest we're ever get. I'd be surprise if I ever get to see an old game again.
Sierra_Alpha
Toan posted...
The first person view and the tone of horror are what turns some die hard fans off.

Personally I'm just glad we GOT a horror game. Even if you don't find it scary, it put RE back on the right track

I second this.

I don’t particularly love RE7 but I do recognize how great it was for the series and gameplay wise it’s as RE as it gets. The tone and style of the horror tied with a new FPS perspective do make it *feel* very not RE aesthetically though.

No mistake though, it’s a very good game.

User Info: Toan

Toan
1 week ago#10
Sierra_Alpha posted...
I'm a purist with Resident Evil. It must play like Resident Evil. With that said, RE 7 is a good game. It plays like an old school RE game which I am sure is the closest we're ever get. I'd be surprise if I ever get to see an old game again.
That's why I think RE 8 and 9 should be in FP to finish up the FP trilogy
God promises to make something good out of the storms that bring devastation to your life.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. Why do the RElitists dislike RE7?
  • Post New Message