• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. How effective was nemesis anyway?

User Info: edward18

edward18
2 weeks ago#21
It comes from a Japanese guide book: The Complete Conquest of Nemesis. Page 81:

Umbrella's biological weapons research team found that most of the BOWs built using the T-virus were intellectually low enough that they couldn't be “commodity” as they were, by examining the valuable combat data obtained in the “Western building incident” I came to realize the fact that I only had it. Even Tyrant, which was considered the ultimate perfection, was not able to fulfill its orders satisfactorily--responding to a different approach, with each branch's research team exploring different ways to improve intelligence. Will be. One of the answers was to parasitize a completely different kind of neoplasm that had been studied for a long time in the European branch of its headquarters. It was an ingenious and more satanic remodeling method to control B.O.W.'s abilities while controlling its brain completely. The parasite "NE-a type"-commonly known as Nemesis-was developed. When implanted at the cellular level into the spinal cord of biological weapons, they take up the T-virus cells in their body and proliferate, forming their own brain near the medulla. At the same time, it erodes the central nervous system and destroys the host's frontal lobe, altering the neural circuitry to link all remaining brain functions to its own brain. In this way, Nemesis takes control of the thought on behalf of the host and completely controls the body as myself. Interesting reports have been made on the experimental body “Nemesis-T type”, which transplanted them to the latest Tyrant. In this case, the ego sprouted during the culture process of Nemesis and escaped from the facility with friends. It shows that the intelligence of the experimental body has improved dramatically, It also suggests the danger that B.O.W. could become a new intellectual creature that overturns mankind. At that time, can humanity survive?

Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: Smiffwilm

Smiffwilm
2 weeks ago#22
Depends on how you look at it.

If you consider ALL known surviving Stars members (Chris, Jill, Barry, Rebecca, Brad), with Nemmy getting Brad, that means a success rate of 20%.

However, there were only TWO Stars members in Raccoon City (Jill and Brad) at the time of the outbreak and Nemesis's deployment. So from that perspective, he had a 50% success rate.

It really depends on how Umbrella phrased it's mission. Was it "Eliminate all surviving Stars members" or was it "Eliminate all surviving Stars members in Raccoon City"?
My Mario Maker 2 ID is 6RG-5XK-JCG

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
2 weeks ago#23
Lukas455555 posted...
just put him in a mr x coat and call it a day. Maybe add a bit more sking to cover those teeth and probably put some glasseso on him so his eyes are not the reflection of hell

**BOOM**
Son: "Dad did you blow up the enemy lineback with your rocket launcher again?"
Nemesis: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....

User Info: altblahblahblah

altblahblahblah
2 weeks ago#24
Lukas455555 posted...
He was sent to eliminate the stars members, ok. So how many did he actually kill? There's brad and then who else?

he f***s up nicholai's day in the bad ending iirc.

User Info: altblahblahblah

altblahblahblah
2 weeks ago#25
Smiffwilm posted...
Depends on how you look at it.

If you consider ALL known surviving Stars members (Chris, Jill, Barry, Rebecca, Brad), with Nemmy getting Brad, that means a success rate of 20%.

However, there were only TWO Stars members in Raccoon City (Jill and Brad) at the time of the outbreak and Nemesis's deployment. So from that perspective, he had a 50% success rate.

It really depends on how Umbrella phrased it's mission. Was it "Eliminate all surviving Stars members" or was it "Eliminate all surviving Stars members in Raccoon City"?

You can probably add wesker, as he'd gone rogue at that point, If he was still in racoon city (which I assume he wasn't) I'm sure Umbrella would have had him on the hit list too.

User Info: Smiffwilm

Smiffwilm
2 weeks ago#26
altblahblahblah posted...
You can probably add wesker, as he'd gone rogue at that point, If he was still in racoon city (which I assume he wasn't) I'm sure Umbrella would have had him on the hit list too.
Well I didn't because nobody knew at the time. Pretty sure he hadn't revealed himself alive to his enemies (and the audience) until the Rockfort Island attack.
My Mario Maker 2 ID is 6RG-5XK-JCG

User Info: edward18

edward18
2 weeks ago#27
Umbrella didn't know he was alive, and yeah, at that point Wesker isn't in Raccoon City. He was at an H.C.F. facility. The only interaction he had with Raccoon City was talking to Ada for her mission.
Before you die you see the Tails Doll---Backdrop Observer of the Metroid: Other M board
Apparently Edward: Wise Old Sage of Korodai

User Info: shagohad3

shagohad3
2 weeks ago#28
VegantoKeens posted...
Yeah, none of that is happening. Nemeses aren't random victims. The T-virus was way too random with its creation of Tyrants versus useless zombies. Umbrella found one guy who had the perfect genetic make up and only created the mass produced tyrants from him. All T-103's are Sergei clones. Nemeses are made from combining the successful mass production Tyrant program from the USA with the NE-alpha parasite project from Europe.

Sergei is an evil a******, his clones are emotionless nobodies and no Nemesis has a personality.

That's not entirely true. The nemesis model that was destroyed retained its human personality and tried to escape. Despite being a crap game, Survivor's Tyrant factory is still canon.
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
2 weeks ago#29
Four_Archfiends posted...

I always wanted to see another Nemesis in action again after the first 2 were destroyed. I'm hoping maybe one of the remaining last one could turn good after one of the main characters help it gets it's lost human memories back. That would had been a pretty cool and interesting twist.

You lost me with that unnecessary apostrophe.
https://i.imgur.com/4bPfS9F.jpg https://i.imgur.com/pAtziQ5.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 3
  3. How effective was nemesis anyway?
  • Topic Archived