• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Anyone able to get the game to launch?

User Info: MUD VIPER

MUD VIPER
1 week ago#1
Keep getting rockstar game services are unavailable and offline play could not be verified code: 149.

User Info: V I C I O U S

V I C I O U S
1 week ago#2
I'm (still) experiencing the "Rockstar Launcher exited/closed unexpectedly" error.

Main parts of my setup are: R5 3600, ASRock X570 PG4, RX 590...

I've read a lot of the launch issue threads over at /r/PCReadDead and it seems like BIOS may be part of the issue for my setup, but I haven't even updated my BIOS since having my computer - everything else runs perfectly fine on my current version so I can't really justify that measure...

Also DRM code within the launcher and the game itself is suspect. My friend's i7 7700k/GTX 1080 setup reportedly works.

I've read several comments about mixtures of parts... it seems like any Ryzen 3000 CPU with any mobo, especially those updated to be Zen 2 ready (i.e. not mine...), are going to have issues; meanwhile, most Intel processors with any mobo, and even with an AMD GPU are still playing the game just quite alright (read: still buggy af...)
"Liking is probably the best form of ownership, and ownership the worst form of liking" - Jose Saramago

User Info: Vodoochild81

Vodoochild81
1 week ago#3
Are you guys using Epic Games launcher or directly Rockstar? So far I have had zero issues and the game runs smooth in 3440 x 1440. I have an i7 5820k but a 2080ti and 64 gigs of ram.

I am wondering if I should refund though because it seems like even when it works for people eventually they run into these crashes.

This sucks because despite playing through this game already I am loving it in a whole new way on PC. Gunplay feels 1,000 times better with a mouse.

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
1 week ago#4
Runs completely fine for me.

User Info: hailkingmon

hailkingmon
1 week ago#5
Nope, haven't been able to get it to launch. When I don't get the "Launcher exited unexpectedly", I get the "Rockstar games services are unavailable".

And yeah, Ryzen 7 3800 here...
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

User Info: MUD VIPER

MUD VIPER
1 week ago#6
I'm using thre R* launcher. There was an update earlier that it downloaded and at least the game starts.

Just for clarity my PC is old. Fx 8350 R9 390. I don't think launcher issues are related to cpu or anything user side.

User Info: V I C I O U S

V I C I O U S
1 week ago#7
I'm using the Rockstar Launcher as well. I think I recall from the context of their posts reading from people who were on Epic still coming across the issue of the Rockstar Launcher exiting unexpectedly...

I don't know...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHQh-xtWcAw
"Liking is probably the best form of ownership, and ownership the worst form of liking" - Jose Saramago

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
1 week ago#8
The patches should've resolved the unexpected error, I haven't gotten since the last one
http://i.imgur.com/WQJlV.png

User Info: chtan01

chtan01
1 week ago#9
Patched the launcher yesterday night but the unexpected exit is still exists.
SW-2086-0160-0548
The new patches should've fixed things. I no longer have to turn off vipre anymore, as the game will boot right up with no problems now. The only issues I have with the game now are having to turn on HDR in windows for it to register in RDR2, and the slight performance issues. It's nothing game breaking though, so I'm pretty content for now
FLAMING LIPS 79
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Anyone able to get the game to launch?
  • Post New Message